The power struggle is becoming real

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Injuries can never be an excuse, but adjustments can always be an answer.
Injuries can certainly be an explanation or cause.

And if you’re talent dependent because coaching isn’t a higher priority then the lack of adjustments is a viable excuse.

Major injuries to key personnel is the leading cause for teams struggling or a downturn.

Last edited:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I think Kellen Moore should be the offensive coordinator for a high school team not college, and certainly not a NFL team.

I don't see a power struggle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?

In all honesty, it really does look like Garrett has taken back the game planning. However, I just find it very had to believe it. Why do that after 3 amazing games by the offense? And the team was 3-0. And does he really have the power to do that?

That being said, other than the Saints game, the biggest issue with the offense has been the injuries and the Oline play.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
People are over thinking this.

It took opposing coaches 2-3 games to build up enough data on Moore's tendencies. The fact that NO were saying they were looking at his Boise St tendencies shows that they were struggling for data early on.

I accept that the plays run may also have changed, but this happens when the opponent has counteracted and adjusted based on your tendencies.

Your totally underestimating the Boise St. playbook.....:laugh:

Hadenough

Reaction score
I never listen to the Cowboys press conferences because I dont live in the area. Does Garrett ever get called out by reporters for his crappy preparation for big games and his crappy playbook that has about 3 RB screen plays where Zeke chips a defender runs 3 yards, stops and turns around and waits for the ball.
Ive never seen a team that is so poor at getting their RB the football in space. They would rather run him into a brick wall of 8 defenders than have him run short crossing routes that he turns up field or running post routes with a LB covering. There is no reason that Pollard shouldnt be getting 8-10 touches a game.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I’m not sure why we seem to insist on going heavy with tight ends that can’t block, clogging everything up inside and then predictably running between the tackles.

We need to go 4 wides, spread them out and let Zeke pound it inside if that’s what they want to do. But having a neon sign that says hey, put all 11 guys in the box, we are going to run it in one of two gaps is insanity.

Because Garrett is an idiot.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Moore will unveil some new wrinkles this week primarily moving Dak and attacking the outside with sweeps and pitches etc. MEAWNWHILE HOPEFULLY
CHRIS WILL TELL ROD TO STAY IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND attack!!

Just once I'd like to be the team that unleashes a surprise on the opponent instead of vice versa.