The power struggle is becoming real

MojaveJT

Reaction score
It’s well known that JG is stubborn **. It looks like he’d rather go down in flames playing football the way he wants. I mean, the guy admits every week they don’t change their game plan for whatever reason. He thinks his brand of football is the ‘right’ way.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think some players are mad that dez wasnt brought back but Witten was. Im sticking to that

MikeB80

Reaction score
It will be a good start when both are free to pursue employment elsewhere.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was 9-21 against the Dolphins in the first half. There were significant stretches in the Commanders game Dak was bad. It was the third quarter adjustments that allowed Dallas to get back on track and the same thing happened this week, when Dallas went run heavy and finally moved the ball, taking off seven minutes off the clock.

Guys just weren’t paying attention.

khiladi

Reaction score
FALSE statements 3-5 threads on this subject without a sliver of truth..

where the PROOF, actual Proof that Garett has gone during the week and forcing KM to do his game plan and calls? come on show me one player, media, coach etc etc that has intimated this?

None a bunch of hooie..

its the same timing with Richard and Rod..come on if this was that splintered the FO would be having some talks., thats outright mutiny and goes against the chain of command.. everyone has role and they do it..

sure it looks like mess and reminds you of those coaches personalities but that means nothing.. we dont know KM as an OC in the NFL, hes never been one.. Both Kris and Rod are doing a poor job as garett and moore are.. the players bad play execution and penalties are not helping.. the ship is taking on water and they better get it repaired before it sinks..

However theres no provable conspiracy going on here..its simply not working..

Rod actually allows Richards to call plays, but he did the same thing with Eberflus. The Giants game last year, Richards called all the plays. Apparently people took this to mean Richards has complete control, but I’m not sure that’s true. It probably varies. What is true is Richards prefers to blitz more so that would probably be a good indicator of when he ha more input or control.

This fact about Marinelli also seems like this isn’t a surprise, because from what I have read, Eberflus considered Marinelli like a father-figure.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...nelli-matt-eberflus-passing-game-coordinator/

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo had 10 years of this crap. Tell Dak to suck it up. heck he hasn't even played in the Jason training years.

The irony of the Romo-bashers, aka Dak lovers are hilarious.. now suddenly it’s all the fault of JG, when Jerry effectively stripped Garrett of play-calling duties when he brought in Linehan..

Dak with all all pro line and league leading rusher hasn’t seen 1/100th of what Romo experienced with Garrett..

FTWayne

Reaction score
The irony of the Romo-bashers, aka Dak lovers are hilarious.. now suddenly it’s all the fault of JG, when Jerry effectively stripped Garrett of play-calling duties when he brought in Linehan..

Dak with all all pro line and league leading rusher hasn’t seen 1/100th of what Romo experienced with Garrett..
Good reply!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rod actually allows Richards to call plays, but he did the same thing with Eberflus. The Giants game last year, Richards called all the plays. Apparently people took this to mean Richards has complete control, but I’m not sure that’s true. It probably varies. What is true is Richards prefers to blitz more so that would probably be a good indicator of when he ha more input or control.

This fact about Marinelli also seems like this isn’t a surprise, because from what I have read, Eberflus considered Marinelli like a father-figure.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...nelli-matt-eberflus-passing-game-coordinator/
and? they are still equally responsible, I mean he does call the plays and the passing game coordinator.. guess who won OF Player of the week? it was old Sam D, why because he bombed away at KR backend.. so not enough pressure on Rod, no coverage on KR and if KR calling plays he was in the wrong defense all game :)
see how this works..

im back to blaming players for not executing.. the team on whole seems out of sync..its as they are playing as individuals and trying to make the big top 10 splash plays and forgot about the fundamentals..

limit mistakes do your job and im betting they turn this around.. we are better then a 3-3 team but are ****** up at every postion at some point during game.. we lost 3 games by a total of 11 points.. clean up half the mistakes we are easily 5-1..

Dre11

Reaction score
I heard it on hanging with the boys, Garret is NOT going to allow HIS legacy hinge on some upstart OJT OC. He is just not going to do it. They all 4 of them said the same thing, Garret saw what Moore was doing and then pulled the rug out. Yes it's kellen calling plays, but they are coming straight out of clappers play book/plan.

Now go listen to real people around the team like Broaddus, Moore himself, who says that's ridicoulous and that it's his show.

Dre11

Reaction score
It’s well known that JG is stubborn **. It looks like he’d rather go down in flames playing football the way he wants. I mean, the guy admits every week they don’t change their game plan for whatever reason. He thinks his brand of football is the ‘right’ way.
Go listen to Broaddus who's in that building everyday. It's Moore show.

CoachD

Reaction score
I see the Cowboys having a chance to win or lose the game on a 40 yard field goal attempt by Brett Maher. It all comes down to you Brett if you make it we win and your still a Cowboy, miss it we lose and you can clean out your locker!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?

No one thinks Moore learned some plays from Garrett? Lol

khiladi

Reaction score
and? they are still equally responsible, I mean he does call the plays and the passing game coordinator.. guess who won OF Player of the week? it was old Sam D, why because he bombed away at KR backend.. so not enough pressure on Rod, no coverage on KR and if KR calling plays he was in the wrong defense all game :)
see how this works..

im back to blaming players for not executing.. the team on whole seems out of sync..its as they are playing as individuals and trying to make the big top 10 splash plays and forgot about the fundamentals..

limit mistakes do your job and im betting they turn this around.. we are better then a 3-3 team but are ****** up at every postion at some point during game.. we lost 3 games by a total of 11 points.. clean up half the mistakes we are easily 5-1..

what are you even on now? I’m just saying that Richards calls plays at times, addressing your contention that it is just conspiracy theories not based on fact.

whether or not our DCs are good was not what I was addressing.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So then, what Jerry said in the off season about wanting Moore to come see him if Garrett tries something like that was just talk? I don't think so. I think Jerry can see the difference in the first two weeks, and if the change is Garrett's doing, Jerry won't have it.
Hope so!

blueblood70

Reaction score
what are you even on now? I’m just saying that Richards calls plays at times, addressing your contention that it is just conspiracy theories not based on fact.

whether or not our DCs are good was not what I was addressing.
NOT AT TIMES KR is the full time playcaller..

hes also the pass play coordinator and ASST DC.. so yes he and RM are both doing a poor job..

they need to get on the same page and have an answer for all challenges..whenever they finally stop the run teams bomb them o death on the back end, bad coverage on KR crew and no pass rush on RM responsibility's but the in game play calling is KR..

Maybe KR is trying to splinter the defense and get RM fired so he can take over after the BYE full time.. one never knows..

csirl

Reaction score
People are over thinking this.

It took opposing coaches 2-3 games to build up enough data on Moore's tendencies. The fact that NO were saying they were looking at his Boise St tendencies shows that they were struggling for data early on.

I accept that the plays run may also have changed, but this happens when the opponent has counteracted and adjusted based on your tendencies.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Now go listen to real people around the team like Broaddus, Moore himself, who says that's ridicoulous and that it's his show.
I have Dre, and you don't think maybe those people you mention have reasons to hide the real truth??? Come on man, your not that gullible

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Execution is being forgotten here. This team looks like they are playing mud. No explosiveness. Nothing. Playing better teams has ripped off the band aid. This team is still not that good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know what strikes me funny about all of this? Remember, when Phillips got fired, Garrett was the OC. The big deal then was that the Offense was throwing the ball too much and essentially, Wade lost the team. Wade is coming off of 3 straight winning seasons, including 11-5 the season before, and he's gone half way into the year. Garrett is hired as the HC in Dallas and he immediately starts running a more balanced offense and we go on to make the move permanent.

Fast forward to today and we now have a young OC who starts the season red hot, admittedly against weaker opponents, and 3 games into the season we see the Offense revert to a more predictable Offensive scheme. I mean, it's funny how things work right?
Wades biggest black mark IMO was he was only HC with a losing record with Romo starting . 1-5.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s difficult to measure this team without 4 of its key starters on offense.

We’ve seen before the offense and Dak struggle without some key supporting cast. Not sure why it’s so surprising?