The power struggle is becoming real

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That two-point conversion play had JG written all over it. I remember Baldy breaking down that play in week 1 at Carolina last year.

Empty backfield, everyone set at the snap, five curls. Telegraphed and easy to cover man-on-man.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How about on second down too? We never take a shot down the field on 2nd and short
I'm pretty sure they tried that at least once yesterday, but Dak and Jarwin couldn't connect up the seam...or am I remembering it wrong?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
well we all saw how JG was looking for love on the sidelines and each and every player walked/ran on by without stretcing out a hand or arm....these guys know if the playbook is different and if not happy it's changed? Well...

CB61

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?

blueblood70

Reaction score
FALSE statements 3-5 threads on this subject without a sliver of truth..

where the PROOF, actual Proof that Garett has gone during the week and forcing KM to do his game plan and calls? come on show me one player, media, coach etc etc that has intimated this?

None a bunch of hooie..

its the same timing with Richard and Rod..come on if this was that splintered the FO would be having some talks., thats outright mutiny and goes against the chain of command.. everyone has role and they do it..

sure it looks like mess and reminds you of those coaches personalities but that means nothing.. we dont know KM as an OC in the NFL, hes never been one.. Both Kris and Rod are doing a poor job as garett and moore are.. the players bad play execution and penalties are not helping.. the ship is taking on water and they better get it repaired before it sinks..

However theres no provable conspiracy going on here..its simply not working..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You think Garrett believes Kellen is going to take his job? Could be. The last 3 weeks have been beyond strange. But Garrett would be slitting his own throat so it doesn’t make sense.

Ever been around people that reject things because they do not understand it?

There are all manner of reasons why people do the counterproductive but Garrett can be so mindlessly conservative about certain things I could definitely see the above.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?
What can I say, people love conspiracy theories.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
FALSE statements 3-5 threads on this subject without a sliver of truth..

where the PROOF, actual Proof that Garett has gone during the week and forcing KM to do his game plan and calls? come on show me one player, media, coach etc etc that has intimated this?

None a bunch of hooie..

its the same timing with Richard and Rod..come on if this was that splintered the FO would be having some talks., thats outright mutiny and goes against the chain of command.. everyone has role and they do it..

sure it looks like mess and reminds you of those coaches personalities but that means nothing.. we dont know KM as an OC in the NFL, hes never been one.. Both Kris and Rod are doing a poor job as garett and moore are.. the players bad play execution and penalties are not helping.. the ship is taking on water and they better get it repaired before it sinks..

However theres no provable conspiracy going on here..its simply not working..
Romo didn't flat out say it during the broadcast but he did at the same time. Garrett's footprints are all over this offense going back to 07-09 stuff.

scottsp

Reaction score
Play action used was down to six plays yesterday from what I understand (feel free to correct if you can verify), but this seems to be one we've discussed many times before. I can understand not having both tackles as a hindrance, but again, not the first time this bit of business has gone missing.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is accurate or not, but it’s a good topic to discuss. I think Dak got a bit too greedy and it cost us a game Witt his INTs. Now indecision is creeping back in a little bit on Dak’s end.

The play calls are maddening not because of the called runs, but because of WHERE and when we call the runs. It makes zero sense to call runs right into the teeth of the defense inside the tackles over and over, when it’s not working.

The runs off tackle by Zeke were productive. I get that Zeke isn’t speedy but using him as a 1 or 2 yard bartering ram isn’t productive.

I am not sure why we haven’t used play action or misdirection more. We did a lot of that the first two weeks and now it has disappeared. I could see that being reasonable at NO with all the crowd noise, but at home?

It’s hard to pinpoint the dynamic and the cause and effect, but it is pretty hard to deny SOMETHING HAS CHANGED. And it’s equally hard to deny that the change hasn’t been detrimental.

I can’t tell you how badly this defense is pissing me off. They have a TON of talent on the defensive side of the ball and it is being wasted.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not sure why we seem to insist on going heavy with tight ends that can’t block, clogging everything up inside and then predictably running between the tackles.

We need to go 4 wides, spread them out and let Zeke pound it inside if that’s what they want to do. But having a neon sign that says hey, put all 11 guys in the box, we are going to run it in one of two gaps is insanity.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Romo didn't flat out say it during the broadcast but he did at the same time. Garrett's footprints are all over this offense going back to 07-09 stuff.
so Romo the broadcaster recognized plays , right its the same playbook.. wow how that just says Garrets forcing KM to call a game-plan he didnt want..right how observant and completely not knew..I said this the last two weeks, it looks like the Pre-romo friendly Era in which Garett was using heavy pass formations over the run before he had to give up playcalling to Billc and then ScotL to run more.....that does NOT mean the formations are the same and how they are called during the game etc but of course the route trees are the same

that card KM uses to go over what plays hes calling that day and which order he calls them in game is all his.. hes new get over it we are getting beat because of lack of execution's, penalties and injuries..

show me PROOF JG is forcing his gameplan onto those cards and threatening KM to call certain plays.. show me..?

ITS THE SAME PLAYBOOK..DUH.. We knew this going into the season its was talked to death, only reason the first 3 game looked differently is the competition we were playing..thats it

live ion your own heads but thats the way conspiracy get started..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is accurate or not, but it’s a good topic to discuss. I think Dak got a bit too greedy and it cost us a game Witt his INTs. Now indecision is creeping back in a little bit on Dak’s end.

The play calls are maddening not because of the called runs, but because of WHERE and when we call the runs. It makes zero sense to call runs right into the teeth of the defense inside the tackles over and over, when it’s not working.

The runs off tackle by Zeke were productive. I get that Zeke isn’t speedy but using him as a 1 or 2 yard bartering ram isn’t productive.

I am not sure why we haven’t used play action or misdirection more. We did a lot of that the first two weeks and now it has disappeared. I could see that being reasonable at NO with all the crowd noise, but at home?

It’s hard to pinpoint the dynamic and the cause and effect, but it is pretty hard to deny SOMETHING HAS CHANGED. And it’s equally hard to deny that the change hasn’t been detrimental.

I can’t tell you how badly this defense is pissing me off. They have a TON of talent on the defensive side of the ball and it is being wasted.

It was an odd game plan.

The A and B gap runs were tough.

Zeke has good luck with the C gap plays.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I wonder if during meetings Garret is sort of passive aggressive trying to take back the reigns.

moore is considered a bright offensive mind.... but he’s also a first year coordinator. Garret is above him. Maybe he doesn’t want to cause a stir in his first year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good post!
no its not JG keeps his job if KM succeeds because if we go far , he gets new deal.. sorry but all the lathering of crazy conspiracy theory without a shred of proof is laughable..we are losing because we arent playing well..period...

links18

Reaction score
We were missing both starting tackles and two of our top two receivers, while the only starting receiver left yesterday couldn't catch a cold. They played it close to the vest, hoping to win a close on on the road and got beat. That was probably a Garrett decision. It was the way Parcells played at times too.