"The professor" Rumor, or scenario that could happen possible Titans/Cowboys draft picks trade

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You can spin it anyway you want but the 4th pick isn't worth as much as the 2nd pick especially when the 2nd pick is a QB and the 4th pick would be a TB, CB or DE.

As you are doing. 4th pick is worth to the one most interested in it. If Titans aren't interested, so be it.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If they get one Super Bowl in the next four years, it will be worth it... Jerry Jones has said many times that if he could write a check for a Super Bowl win, he would... no matter the cost.

Now, I'm not saying Elliott will take them to a Super Bowl but that is how Jones is thinking... A new RB in five years is much easier to do than being in cap hell for a decade or more.
They have learned from that.

I'm not standing on the table for any 'one' player... Whomever they take, within reason, I will expect them to play like a blue chipper... Personally, I like the idea of a trade down.

With that defense??? Laughable, not going to happen.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If true, maybe Dallas is accumulating some ammo for a potential combo pick in the 1st round of Lynch and the highest remaining DE/DT player.
With Lynch being a QB, hard to gauge his movement on the draft board -- he could be a mid-1st rounder or slide to the end of the 1st round.

I dont think he gets past SF at 7.

I think he is still very much in play at #4.

Sydla

Reaction score
As you are doing. 4th pick is worth to the one most interested in it. If Titans aren't interested, so be it.

LOL. I am not the one spinning anything. A solid return on the 4th pick would be two second rounders. That's just reality. If you don't want that, fine. Don't make the trade. But don't act like that's somehow crap return and you think some team will give far more than that.

Hardline

Reaction score
This eliminates any possibility of getting Elliott. So I would have to pass.

Sydla

Reaction score
In essence, the Eagles gave up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd spread out over 3 drafts mind you, to move from 8 to 2.

The 2nd pick is worth significantly more than the 4th pick, especially when QBs are involved.

Now people point out that the move for Tennessee would be 11 spots and the Eagles only moved 6 spots but the number of slots moved is irrelevant when factoring in the draft slots being traded for - 2 versus 4.

So the #15th and then two second rounders is more than fair return. If you think it should be for 2 seconds and then a first next year, the return is almost as good as what the Browns got for the 2nd pick. So there's no shot of that happening.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In essence, the Eagles gave up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd spread out over 3 drafts mind you, to move from 8 to 2.

The 2nd pick is worth significantly more than the 4th pick, especially when QBs are involved.

Now people point out that the move for Tennessee would be 11 spots and the Eagles only moved 6 spots but the number of slots moved is irrelevant when factoring in the draft slots being traded for - 2 versus 4.

So the #15th and then two second rounders is more than fair return. If you think it should be for 2 seconds and then a first next year, the return is almost as good as what the Browns got for the 2nd pick. So there's no shot of that happening.

Even the 15th and any 2-2nd rounders is too much according to the charts.

Equal return would be the 4th for 15th, 43rd and 64th.

Fans can say they wouldn't take less but that isn't realistic.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Even the 15th and any 2-2nd rounders is too much according to the charts.

Equal return would be the 4th for 15th, 43rd and 64th.

Fans can say they wouldn't take less but that isn't realistic.

Yes but you look at the bigger picture they would still get the best player in the draft to protect there qb.. Trading to the 15th I want 2 2nd round picks or there 33rd and 64

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

Would do backflips for this. Don't blow this for us San Diego!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes but you look at the bigger picture they would still get the best player in the draft to protect there qb.. Trading to the 15th I want 2 2nd round picks or there 33rd and 64

You are right, you should ask for it and try to get it but odds are they would pass and trade for the 5th pick knowing we wouldn't take Tunsil.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"OK Dallas, you take Ramsey and we'll call Jacksonville" I think that's how this will go. Not crazy about the deal anyway. Want a stud at 4 and don't like falling all the way to 15. Not as many sure things in rounds 2-3.

" Actually, Ramsey just went to SD and we have Jacksonville on hold on the other line." That's how that would go.
With that defense??? Laughable, not going to happen.

In four years? Laughable, eh?

How great was "the Greatest Show on Turf" four years before that SB win???
Check on the Dolphins and Steelers four years before their first SB...
Hmmm. maybe the 90's Cowboys four years before that glorious day at the Rose Bowl in Pasedena...

A lot can happen in fours years, fella.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

Well, from Tennessee's perspective it does make sense. They still end up on a net basis +2016 2nd, +2017 1st, 3rd. So they're essentially gaining 3 top selections to slide from #1 to #4 and still coming away with the player they wanted.

For us, I'd jump on that trade in a second if Goff isn't on the board at #4.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Titans Get

#4- Tunsil

Cowboys Get

#15 Lynch
#33 Xavien Howard
#34 Corey Coleman
#43 Nkemdechi

Cowboys get

15- Spence/Ogbah/Lawson/Floyd Dodd (spence is my favorite including Bosa, but the past is worrisome, especially considering we have a drug problem on the team alreaydy.
33- Xavien Howard
34- Corey Coleman
43-Nkemdichi