"The professor" Rumor, or scenario that could happen possible Titans/Cowboys draft picks trade

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Curiosity got the best of me on those trades, so I broke the trades down based on chart value and was quite surprised. Basically, neither the Rams nor the Eagles gave up a King's ransom if you go strictly by the trade chart. In fact, both teams came out ahead. Here's the breakdown:
TItans give: 2016 #1 = 3000 pts
#113 = 68 pts
#177 = 19 pts (3087 total points)

Titans receive: 2016 #15 = 1050 pts
#43 = 470 pts
#45 = 450 pts
#76 = 210 pts
2017 1st round = 430 pts (value of 2016 mid 2nd round)
3rd round = 72 pts (value of 2016 mid 4th round) (2682 total points)

Bottom line, LA Rams came out 405 points ahead in the deal.

Following same methods as above, Eagles came out 427 points ahead (received 2634, gave 2207).

I have a feeling, though, that the further down you go to trade, the more the deals will stay true to the draft chart values.

That chart just lost credibility with me.

cej757

Reaction score
IMHO, no draft-eligable player would have a bigger impact on the Dallas Cowboys than a stud RB.

Mel Kiper says Miami really wants Zeke and is looking at possibly trading up to #3.

Good Grief man , I might lose it if that happens :angry:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
I would not trade #4 for only a 2nd and 3rd. We are Talking about the #4 pick. I just cant see dropping out of the top 5 for #15. We need a stud (Ramsey or Zeke) we are not getting a stud at 15, we getting a player like Shaq who I thing is overrated.

Please JJ don't get cute and get suckered out of a top 5 position player unless we can get an additional 1st next year.

hutch1254

Reaction score
What I'm really interested in is if the Rams take Wentz what does Philly do? Unless I missed it I don't really recall Philly being as interested in Goff as they are about Wentz and all the chirping they've done about Wentz. If Wentz goes to the Rams do the Eagles trade out of 2? I would really find it hard to believe they would have traded all those picks to get Zeke at 2. Would San Fran leap to 2 for Goff if Rams took Wentz? Would Howie reject any offer from San Fran if that happened because of Chip? Probably a lower percentage of this scenario happening but it could and I'd be interested in Howie reacts.

I'm still in the camp of doing whatever it takes to keep our D off the field and hide it for now because of the DL issues and alleged out of shape player. If a QB that we liked somehow fell into our lap I'm good but I'm good with taking Zeke somewhere.

kevm3

Reaction score
With our success rate in the 2nd or even 3rd round, I'm not sure why people are hyped for stockpiling more later picks. The 2nd round is the round where we got the likes of Bennett who isn't on the team anymore... escobar who looks like he's on his way out. Sean lee who is immensely talented but always injured. Randy Gregory and Demarcus Lawrence who are missing tons of games due to injures and drugs. Bruce Carter is another one taken in the 2nd who isn't on the team anymore. I'm taking the best player available at 4.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm with Kevm3 on this. I'm not liking this stock-piling of picks. We're just littering up the team with guys who'r going to be on the street in 3 years. Let's think quality over quantity here. Give me your 15 and next year's 1, and you can have that pick... If not, I'll just pick whomever and go on with it. We don't need them, they need us.

Nexx

Reaction score
I'm with Kevm3 on this. I'm not liking this stock-piling of picks. We're just littering up the team with guys who'r going to be on the street in 3 years. Let's think quality over quantity here. Give me your 15 and next year's 1, and you can have that pick... If not, I'll just pick whomever and go on with it. We don't need them, they need us.

so using your logic, we might as well not draft anyone after the first round. i mean come on man.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
no, absolutely not...not trading up to SD...not saying this to you, but THAT would be ludicrous...if someone wants to jump to 4 to get Elliot, let them...then you have all of the cards in your hand "Yes, Tennessee, I know you want Tunsil, but Ramsey is our favorite player in the draft. For us to move on from him, you have to sweeten the pot"

I don't wanna trade out of top 10 at all. No absolutes this draft except Elliot

bouttime

Reaction score
jday I have been mocking since the 70's and actually have done very well rarely nailing the Cowboys picks aka Randy Moss was my pick
and Cowboys said no thanks...same draft different round was a RB named Ahman Green....same draft 4th Round from what I remember
was QB Brian Griese remind you this was when the Cowboys stunk at this time...we couldn't score 7 points in a game but over the years
I've done extremely well and these players were available when the Cowboys selected but in saying this I always feel confident and this
year at #4 and I know he will be there should be Zeke Elliott and my reasoning is his ability to not only run well, but receive well and a very
good blocker in the backfield. I don't see a Trent Richardson in him what I see is a ProBowl Player similar to Emmitt Smith with better speed
and down field break away speed and for this fact I feel super strong on Zeke being the best pick at #4.

Swanny

Reaction score
What I'm really interested in is if the Rams take Wentz what does Philly do? Unless I missed it I don't really recall Philly being as interested in Goff as they are about Wentz and all the chirping they've done about Wentz. If Wentz goes to the Rams do the Eagles trade out of 2? I would really find it hard to believe they would have traded all those picks to get Zeke at 2. Would San Fran leap to 2 for Goff if Rams took Wentz? Would Howie reject any offer from San Fran if that happened because of Chip? Probably a lower percentage of this scenario happening but it could and I'd be interested in Howie reacts.

I'm still in the camp of doing whatever it takes to keep our D off the field and hide it for now because of the DL issues and alleged out of shape player. If a QB that we liked somehow fell into our lap I'm good but I'm good with taking Zeke somewhere.

If your are the Rams do you pull a crazy stunt and Draft Wentz with the intent of trading him to the Eagles just because you know the Eagles are completely obsessed with Wentz?? Could be a crazy scenario like the Chargers and Giants went through with Rivers and Eli

bouttime

Reaction score
jday I have been mocking since the 70's and actually have done very well rarely nailing the Cowboys picks aka Randy Moss was my pick
and Cowboys said no thanks...same draft different round was a RB named Ahman Green....same draft 4th Round from what I remember
was QB Brian Griese remind you this was when the Cowboys stunk at this time...we couldn't score 7 points in a game but over the years
I've done extremely well and these players were available when the Cowboys selected but in saying this I always feel confident and this
year at #4 and I know he will be there should be Zeke Elliott and my reasoning is his ability to not only run well, but receive well and a very
good blocker in the backfield. I don't see a Trent Richardson in him what I see is a ProBowl Player similar to Emmitt Smith with better speed
and down field break away speed and for this fact I feel super strong on Zeke being the best pick at #4.

If JJ's goal, is to return to be as good as we were in the early 90"s...consider this...

As much as credit as was given to the Triplets, neither of them would have been what they were without a dominate offensive line. When that line started to falter or was absent, it meant the end of the Triplets.
Irvin's career ended because he had to go over the middle into the teeth of the Eagles defense and got slammed into the concrete turf called Veterans Stadium, because of his QB not having enough time. Aikman had to end his career because of the brutal hits he was taking both trying to stay in the pocket and the unfortunate times he was forced to run. (ie, LaVar Arrington). And Emmitt's career basically came to an end on a hit from Roy Williams while playing for the Cardinals.
We have the dominate line, we have an elite quarterback and receiver once again. The only piece that is missing...is a truly elite running back. Our team from last year paid the price for this 4th overall pick....NOW USE IT!!! He's our's...!!!

TheHerd

Reaction score
I don't think the chart carries the accuracy today that it did when it was first created by J Johnson. Teams still pretty much stay within 10% of it, though.

The chart is total bs most years and is why teams get fleeced. It assumes elite talent at 1 and 2 and then a big drop off. This year, the top 8 are almost interchangeable.

Common Sense

Reaction score
The chart is total bs most years and is why teams get fleeced. It assumes elite talent at 1 and 2 and then a big drop off. This year, the top 8 are almost interchangeable.

Of course, the problem with that is the king's ransom teams paid this year to get into those 1 and 2 spots, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. The chart played out exactly as it was supposed to.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So hope he is wrong. Five years from now they'll be planning for a new back.

If they get one Super Bowl in the next four years, it will be worth it... Jerry Jones has said many times that if he could write a check for a Super Bowl win, he would... no matter the cost.

Now, I'm not saying Elliott will take them to a Super Bowl but that is how Jones is thinking... A new RB in five years is much easier to do than being in cap hell for a decade or more.
They have learned from that.

I'm not standing on the table for any 'one' player... Whomever they take, within reason, I will expect them to play like a blue chipper... Personally, I like the idea of a trade down.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Titans aren't giving up the 2017 1st round pick. Period!
Their GM/coach said the deal with the Rams was predicated on them getting the first in 2017.

Having said that, I don't know if I drop to #15 without getting their highest 2nd round pick and another second rounder, which can even be their lowest pick. I don't know if a third will do it for me.

Perhaps they insisted on the 2017 pick because they knew they'd need it to get back up into the top 5 of this draft and draft Tunsil.

hutch1254

Reaction score
If your are the Rams do you pull a crazy stunt and Draft Wentz with the intent of trading him to the Eagles just because you know the Eagles are completely obsessed with Wentz?? Could be a crazy scenario like the Chargers and Giants went through with Rivers and Eli

And the plot thickens. That would really be something. And you know what? That would raid the Eagles of even more picks for them to do so. Wouldn't bother me at all.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With our success rate in the 2nd or even 3rd round, I'm not sure why people are hyped for stockpiling more later picks. The 2nd round is the round where we got the likes of Bennett who isn't on the team anymore... escobar who looks like he's on his way out. Sean lee who is immensely talented but always injured. Randy Gregory and Demarcus Lawrence who are missing tons of games due to injures and drugs. Bruce Carter is another one taken in the 2nd who isn't on the team anymore. I'm taking the best player available at 4.

Excellent point...............in fact, over the last decade of drafts, the only 2nd round player that has received a second contract is Sean Lee.

Thas horrific drafting.:(