The QB salary argument

HungryLion

Reaction score
Your points about overpaying others is true. However, that does not make the argument that we should also overpay Dak. Non sequitar.

You’re right. I’m not making the argument that they necessarily should “overpay” Dak.

just that ya know. Relying on this front office to use the savings wisely to build
A better team around the QB. Isn’t without it’s risks either.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's 14th best QB by comp % in the RZ this season with only 2 TD's (a worse conversion rate than Mayfield, Garoppolo and Haskins).

He also played against two of the worst secondary's.

What contradictions?
Really??? Only 2 TDs?

What a bunch of bunk.

Did you forget the many TDs he has rushed in for TDs himself?

Of course, you didn't. You're intentionally leaving them out in order to support your disingenuous argument.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo says, "Hi!"

Now go join him in the Losers Retirement Club, Greg!
You keep forgetting I was critical of Romo too.

What else you got . That’s your only response to bash Romo.

Dak slobberers are as bad as the Romophobia lovers you bashed for 10 years. You’ve come full circle AC.

ab9e2fe6e36c275d65cba60cfc0e12af.jpg.cf.jpg

Slick

Reaction score
Dak is on pace to pass for 6,336 yards. That would shatter Peyton Manning's single season passing record of 5,477 yards by 859 yards. Almost 1,000 yards more. Incredible!

Indeed, Dak is proving he is elite and worth big pay.

When he wins as many games as Peyton you let me know. Stats are great for fantasy football and not much else. Wins are everything, especially playoff wins. You’re not comparing apples to apples.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jameis put up some big numbers last year . Similar to Daks. Does anybody care? Where’s he starting now.

If team success isn’t associated with putting up big numbers nobody cares but his slobberers and fantasy fans. Much like with Romo.

If Jethro isn’t over paying Dakster, nobody is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You keep forgetting I was critical of Romo too.

What else you got . That’s your only response to bash Romo.

Dak slobberers are as bad as the Romophobia lovers you bashed for 10 years. You’ve come full circle AC.

ab9e2fe6e36c275d65cba60cfc0e12af.jpg.cf.jpg
No, it's that I fully remember you always making excuses for Romo and his supporters, yet here you are constantly bashing Dak and his supporters.

You're trying to fool those who weren't around in the old threads, but you can't fool me, Greg, because I was there! lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When he wins as many games as Peyton you let me know. Stats are great for fantasy football and not much else. Wins are everything, especially playoff wins. You’re not comparing apples to apples.
Teams win games. The QB leads and highly contributes, hence the stats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, it's that I fully remember you always making excuses for Romo and his supporters, yet here you are constantly bashing Dak and his supporters.

You're trying to fool those who weren't around in the old threads, but you can't fool me, Greg, because I was there! lol
I critiqued them both.

I was booted on old forum for bashing those who overly supported him after his silly farewell speech. And for 10 years I was very harsh on most occasions . I never thought Romo was enough. And main reason the Homers bashed me. There’s several here who can attest that.

Having said that I have also provided an occasional good word for Romo . I don’t always critic Dak either. He’s done some good things. But you can’t handle any criticism just like the old Romo lovers. You’ve become who you bashed for 10 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Teams win games. The QB leads and highly contributes, hence the stats.
The QB doesn’t have to be the problem to not also be the solution. Much like with Romo.

There’s several good QB’s out there but not good enough to elevate their team further.

Landry had 3 pretty good QB’s with Merideth, Morton and White with some solid teams. But could only win it all with 1 QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I critiqued them both.

I was booted on old forum for bashing those who overly supported him after his silly farewell speech. And for 10 years I was very harsh on most occasions . I never thought Romo was enough. And main reason the Homers bashed me. There’s several here who can attest that.

Having said that I have also provided an occasional good word for Romo . I don’t always critic Dak either. He’s done some good things. But you can’t handle any criticism just like the old Romo lovers. You’ve become who you bashed for 10 years.
Absolutely, not true. Like I said, I WAS THERE. Nice try, Greg. lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The QB doesn’t have to be the problem to not also be the solution. Much like with Romo.

There’s several good QB’s out there but not good enough to elevate their team further.

Landry had 3 pretty good QB’s with Merideth, Morton and White with some solid teams. But could only win it all with 1 QB.
Romo had the talent just like Dak does. Romo's problem his first several years is that he went Hollywood! THAT is what hurt Romo.

By the time Romo intellectually matured and respected the game the way he should have from the beginning, his body was already starting to break down.

Dak is the opposite. He takes the game very seriously. Anyone can see that. Give it time. Dak will help get the job done for these Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo had the talent just like Dak does. Romo's problem his first several years is that he went Hollywood! THAT is what hurt Romo.

By the time Romo intellectually matured and respected the game the way he should have from the beginning, his body was already starting to break down.

Dak is the opposite. He takes the game very seriously. Anyone can see that. Give it time. Dak will help get the job done for these Cowboys.
Going Hollywood is such a troll like response. Means nothing. Romo was a fumbling bumbling turn over machine trying to do too much. . Had his worst games on the biggest stages.

Dak struggles against the more elite teams. Puts up big numbers in a catch up mode and against lesser teams.

Your schtick is obvious. Romo wasn’t enough with the teams he had and Dak won’t be either unless they surround him with a generational defense to match the offensive supporting cast which isn’t likely once they over pay him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL!!!

I would have to call out others to prove it, so I will pass out of respect for their privacy, but I've always been truthful about things.
BS. Just like the Romo lovers. Couldn’t handle the criticism . All they could do is personally attack. You’ve become just like them.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
Sign him by all means, but only if he doesn't want the whole pie. It has been reported deshaun watson wanders the halls of NRG stadium calling deondre hopkins to come home. But watson ate all the pie and hopkins wanted his slice, too.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Going Hollywood is such a troll like response. Means nothing. Romo was a fumbling bumbling turn over machine trying to do too much. . Had his worst games on the biggest stages.

Dak struggles against the more elite teams. Puts up big numbers in a catch up mode and against lesser teams.

Your schtick is obvious. Romo wasn’t enough with the teams he had and Dak won’t be either unless they surround him with a generational defense to match the offensive supporting cast which isn’t likely once they over pay him.
You still can't make proper judgments. The problem is not having enough money available to sustain a good team intact. The problem is those already getting paid handsomely are not playing up to their potential and pay. QB is not a positional problem. Other high-paying positional players are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You still can't make proper judgments. The problem is not having enough money available to sustain a good team intact. The problem is those already getting paid handsomely are not playing up to their potential and pay. QB is not a positional problem. Other high-paying positional players are.
That’s a reasonable argument. If we hadn’t over paid and or over evaluated others value we might have invested in other positions of weakness to shore up the team.

Which is part of the argument with Dak. Personally I was surprised Jethro didn’t cave on Dakster too.