The QB School film breakdown- Trey Lance edition

Sydla

Reaction score
Lance is basically a 4th round pick (lottery ticket). He is most likely will be a backup at best. I just don’t understand the anger that fans have for him. Hopefully he plays better Saturday.
I think it's more the people pushing Lance as some sort of viable option to Dak. He's not and needs A TON of work if he's ever going to even be a viable option to Dak.

Most fans understand that Lance becoming a really good QB is good for the Cowboys. But some are just latching onto him and providing excuses for him because he just represents a warm body that isn't named Dak Prescott. Instead of Lance we could have someone like Marcus Mariota and the same crowd would likely be trying to explain how he could also become a viable option to Dak.

Take Dak out of the equation and if you are honest with your assessment of Lance, he's a really raw player that San Fran gave up on and appears to have some of the same issues here that people said he had in San Fran. He needs a lot of work. A lot.

PS - For a 4th round pick, I have no issues with Jerry taking a flier on him.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You know why
It can be multiple things. There are those who were afraid he could actually replace Dak so they may have had it in for him and now glory in his performance. And then there are those who really, really hoped he actually could replace Dak but when he looked bad the other day, now they displace their anger on him too for not boosting their hopes.

movaughn88

Reaction score
If anyone WATCHES THE ACTUAL VIDEO. Lance is clearly a wash.

Long live Dak. Go after it you guys lol.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if the Trey truthers opinion of his game lines up with a former pro's professional breakdown.

For those who remember Jamarcus Russel... he's todays JR, Strong athletic can throw it a mile but has NO accuracy or ability to read a defense.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It can be multiple things. There are those who were afraid he could actually replace Dak so they may have had it in for him and now glory in his performance. And then there are those who really, really hoped he actually could replace Dak but when he looked bad the other day, now they displace their anger on him too for not boosting their hopes.
You dont get that angry over 1 preseason game. Lets be honest here, the ones that have shown the most vitriol towards Trey are the Dak fans with agendas

Sydla

Reaction score
Or people are OK with moving on from Dak but also realize Lance likely isn't the best option and that our next QB probably isnt on the roster.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
It’s a shame that it appears Cowboys fans have to down play Lance to show loyalty to Dak. I guess it’s media/youtube driven with Bobby Belt, Mark Holmes, Dak attack, and Voch. Cavanaugh said the Cowboys should eat 4 million dollars and trade Lance to Minnesota for a 5th round pick. Just sad how the Cowboys fandom make Stephen A right. :facepalm: :huh:
It's a shame that it appears you Dak haters root against him week in and week and hope and pray that he sucks so bad that ANYONE will take his job like he took Romo's, which is the root of yours and others here hate towards Dak. Just sad how the Anti-Dak/Cowboys Cult here make Stephen A right. :facepalm: :huh:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You dont get that angry over 1 preseason game. Lets be honest here, the ones that have shown the most vitriol towards Trey are the Dak fans with agendas
The second scenario I listed is what people around here do to the refs all the time. Don't underestimate the amount of disturbing behavior here, lol.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
People are talking about this guy as if he was just drafted in April

He’s been our hands for nearly a year already

Accept it.,he’s not good…of course I wanted him to replace Dak but I’m not dumb enough to believe he can
Too much copium on this forum.

JBS

Reaction score
Can only speak for myself. Not a Dak fan. And T. Lance is god awful.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Too much copium on this forum.
I agree. I wish all these Dak haters will just admit the reason they hate Dak is because he took Romo's job and is breaking all his records in the process. I guess you seen that "I Love Tony Romo" thread last year before the mods deleted it because it revealed the TRUTH. It was supposed to be a Romo love fest but turned into "Let's burn Dak at the stake" thread. Stephen A Smith is right. We do have the worst fanbase in the NFL. :facepalm:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It'll be interesting to see if the Trey truthers opinion of his game lines up with a former pro's professional breakdown.

You can kill him, but you can't eat him.

Put the young man down. Yeah, give up on him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s a shame that it appears Cowboys fans have to down play Lance to show loyalty to Dak. I guess it’s media/youtube driven with Bobby Belt, Mark Holmes, Dak attack, and Voch. Cavanaugh said the Cowboys should eat 4 million dollars and trade Lance to Minnesota for a 5th round pick. Just sad how the Cowboys fandom make Stephen A right. :facepalm: :huh:
You most believe this guy is a Dak fan. :huh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are arguing as if he has any sort of credit in the bank. He’s been trash his entire career. He’s trash now. Your arguments don’t even make sense.
But he is young and has a good attitude.