The QB School film breakdown- Trey Lance edition

Chasing6

Reaction score
OMG. what's with this dak detractors. anything negative about any other QB it turns into you are showing loyalty to Dak...no they are not. they are assessing a QBs play, which was mediocre at best. he was the ultimate bus driver and that's not what we need as a starting QB. now, if we had a defense that would give up 13 points a game or so, then yeah, put me in and I take you to the NFCCG.

and if we can trade lance and get a 5th, then great. jump on it. do it. do it now. that would be the best outcome from a stupid trade.
I would be content with trading Lance for nothing at this point. Just get our $5.3M back.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if the Trey truthers opinion of his game lines up with a former pro's professional breakdown.

This break down is brutally honest.

NFL stand for Not For Long.

Trances days are numbered.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey needs 3 more years on the practice squad with a QB guru helping him develop the needed skills to not be awful.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nothing is as it seems.

Ever wonder why they would do a breakdown of Lance after the first preseason game?
A game in which the Cowboys were not going to reveal much, anyway?
PROPAGANDA
This is such a silly response I had to give it a like.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Essentially, Lance still has issues with his mechanics at times and seems to struggle with the play design and what the play is trying to get the defense to do. He also has issues seeing what the defense is doing.

In other words, he's raw. Really raw.
What’s the difference between being a bad QB and being ‘raw’ in this case )

CWR

Reaction score
Lance is basically a 4th round pick (lottery ticket). He is most likely will be a backup at best. I just don’t understand the anger that fans have for him. Hopefully he plays better Saturday.
I'm not angry with him. I of course wish we'd have gone in on Fields instead but that's on Jerry. I just don't believe Lance will be our answer. I had hoped differently and would love to be wrong.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lance is basically a 4th round pick (lottery ticket). He is most likely will be a backup at best. I just don’t understand the anger that fans have for him. Hopefully he plays better Saturday.
no he is not. lance was 3rd pick over all. he was an expensive pick. cowboys paid a 4th for him. so no, he is not a lottery pick. he has been in the league for 4 years and still mediocre and makes basic fundamental mistakes.

its not anger...its seeing him for what he is. not any good really. his ceiling is very low. nothing wrong with that.

on the other hand, these Lance Lovers are making every excuse under the sun to make him sound good. give him more time. give him better running game. WRs suck. he played wit 2nd unti. blah blah blah.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nothing is as it seems.

Ever wonder why they would do a breakdown of Lance after the first preseason game?
A game in which the Cowboys were not going to reveal much, anyway?
PROPAGANDA
You must think no other QB had a break down.

Hilarious

DuncanIso

Reaction score
no he is not. lance was 3rd pick over all. he was an expensive pick. cowboys paid a 4th for him. so no, he is not a lottery pick. he has been in the league for 4 years and still mediocre and makes basic fundamental mistakes.

its not anger...its seeing him for what he is. not any good really. his ceiling is very low. nothing wrong with that.

on the other hand, these Lance Lovers are making every excuse under the sun to make him sound good. give him more time. give him better running game. WRs suck. he played wit 2nd unti. blah blah blah.
Didn’t see many mistakes in the preseason game.

Dude had 0 INTs

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I agree. I wish all these Dak haters will just admit the reason they hate Dak is because he took Romo's job and is breaking all his records in the process. I guess you seen that "I Love Tony Romo" thread last year before the mods deleted it because it revealed the TRUTH. It was supposed to be a Romo love fest but turned into "Let's burn Dak at the stake" thread. Stephen A Smith is right. We do have the worst fanbase in the NFL. :facepalm:
To be honest Romo, Dak are the same to me. They are mediocre at best.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
It’s a shame that it appears Cowboys fans have to down play Lance to show loyalty to Dak. I guess it’s media/youtube driven with Bobby Belt, Mark Holmes, Dak attack, and Voch. Cavanaugh said the Cowboys should eat 4 million dollars and trade Lance to Minnesota for a 5th round pick. Just sad how the Cowboys fandom make Stephen A right. :facepalm: :huh:
Believe it or not, the assessment of Lance has absolutely nothing to do with Dak but is entirely based on how the player has performed in limited opportunities. He's sucked.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
To be honest Romo, Dak are the same to me. They are mediocre at best.
Fair enough, brother. Both are above mediocre to me though. Romo wasn't the best at recognizing a blitz but could pick apart zone coverages. While Dak can burn blitz heavy teams but has a hard time with zone coverages. Both have similar playoff records, similar win percentages against below 500. teams, and similar QB ratings. So you're right, they are both very similar. The difference is Romo's legacy is set in stone, a failure. While Dak is still carving out his. Which has been a failure so far.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's a shame that it appears you Dak haters root against him week in and week and hope and pray that he sucks so bad that ANYONE will take his job like he took Romo's, which is the root of yours and others here hate towards Dak. Just sad how the Anti-Dak/Cowboys Cult here make Stephen A right. :facepalm: :huh:
I am one of the biggest Dak fans on the board. I hope all our players succeed. Some of you guys want to be proven right because the Cowboys didn’t draft your pet cats.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Believe it or not, the assessment of Lance has absolutely nothing to do with Dak but is entirely based on how the player has performed in limited opportunities. He's sucked.
If he sucks so bad then why do the Dak media guys think the Cowboys can get a 5th for him? They don’t want any threats. If Rush is so much better why don’t you hear let’s trade him?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I am one of the biggest Dak fans on the board. I hope all our players succeed. Some of you guys want to be proven right because the Cowboys didn’t draft your pet cats.
My pet cats are the 53 who make our roster. But I'll eat that since I basically did the same to you. On the surface it didn't seem you want Dak to succeed for the sake of our team, but it appears I didn't dig down deep enough. ;) Go Cowboys!