The QB School film breakdown- Trey Lance edition

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So saying dak had a bad game with gb is.....bashing?

And you assume I won't like dak getting signed?

Dang....well okay then.
Sorry but some posters think I am anti Dak or a troll so it’s hard to tell who is responding to my posts. It seems each thread turns into a Dak hate show.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry but some posters think I am anti Dak or a troll so it’s hard to tell who is responding to my posts. It seems each thread turns into a Dak hate show.
I get ya.

To be clear...I gave dak a lot of credit for a good season. And then GB happened...very disappointing.
So you could say I'm in the middle?

Creeper

Reaction score
It is one game and he has two more to show what he can do. But in this one game he was awful. Call it a lack of experience or whatever, but in this one game he was awful. Why is it so hard to admit that?

Maybe this weekend he is lights out and throw 5 TDs. We'll see. But against the Rams he did not look like an NFL QB.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Again, he's actually pretty well respected for his insights. Just because you never heard of him doesn't make him a clown. But let's indulge you here............. what other QB videos/analysis of his have you watched? I would assume you have watched others for you reach the conclusion that he's some hack here who has minimal credibility.
Looks like you forgot how to read again. I gave you 2 specific examples. Just read. It’s not hard.

I must ask - respected by who? If this guy was such a guru he would be actually applying this “skill” in the league or NCAA. Instead he is a couch coach.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Looks like decent arm , and good scrambling athlete but not much up in the ball placement, reading the d etc. Chances are not good for a starting Qb development. Niners dumped him for something , maybe we can ship him to Minnesota for better compensation?

Sydla

Reaction score
Looks like you forgot how to read again. I gave you 2 specific examples. Just read. It’s not hard.

I must ask - respected by who? If this guy was such a guru he would be actually applying this “skill” in the league or NCAA. Instead he is a couch coach.
Speaking of not being able to read, you gave me two examples of guys that analyze QBs. How does giving my Gruden and Warner prove that O'Sullivan is a hack with no credibility? Only those two have the market cornered on accurate QB scouting? I didn't ask for you to give me other scouts, I asked you to tell us what other videos from O'Sullivan have you seen that prove to you he's a fraud? I'll help you:

But let's indulge you here............. what other QB videos/analysis of his have you watched? I would assume you have watched others for you reach the conclusion that he's some hack here who has minimal credibility.

Oh and Warner also runs a YouTube QB scouting channel like O'Sullivan. Using your apparent logic, he must be a hack since he isn't in the league or NCAA as a coach.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Speaking of not being able to read, you gave me two examples of guys that analyze QBs. How does giving my Gruden and Warner prove that O'Sullivan is a hack with no credibility? Only those two have the market cornered on accurate QB scouting? I didn't ask for you to give me other scouts, I asked you to tell us what other videos from O'Sullivan have you seen that prove to you he's a fraud? I'll help you:

Oh and Warner also runs a YouTube QB scouting channel like O'Sullivan. Using your apparent logic, he must be a hack since he isn't in the league or NCAA as a coach.
You can’t be this dense. Warner is a HOF QB. You see the difference between he and OSullivan, right?

I don’t feel like arguing with you. It’s August and the weather is fine.

Sydla

Reaction score
You can’t be this dense. Warner is a HOF QB. You see the difference between he and OSullivan, right?

I don’t feel like arguing with you. It’s August and the weather is fine.
The only dense person here is you. I asked you to tell us what other videos you saw from O'Sullivan that supports you claim he's a hack. You responded by telling me you like Warner and Gruden for analysis and that I can't read. But that wasn't the original question. LOL.

Then you say if O'Sullivan was so good at his QB analysis, why doesn't he have a job coaching in the NCAA or NFL. But I point out that Warner also doesn't have a job in the NFL or NCAA, so by your very logic, we should question his ability to scout QBs.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These threads remind of the Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson threads

Lance is never going to be a servoceable NFL starter

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Looks like decent arm , and good scrambling athlete but not much up in the ball placement, reading the d etc. Chances are not good for a starting Qb development. Niners dumped him for something , maybe we can ship him to Minnesota for better compensation?
SF fell in love with Purdy.

Who lost the Super Bowl.

We got the kid for a 4th.

Haha

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
These threads remind of the Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson threads

Lance is never going to be a servoceable NFL starter
Never say never, but the only way it might happen is if Lance gets LOTS of playing time and that most likely is not going to happen here (nor in SF, hence the decision to move on from him).

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watching the game live, I was very disappointed from what I saw from Lance and this breakdown was hard to watch. It's not even a question if he can develop into a viable NFL starter, it's can he even develop into a NFL back-up which is a real question with how much he still needs to work on.