The QB School film breakdown- Trey Lance edition

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he didn't hurt the defense? how? his offense ranked 22nd and below in every statistical category including TOP. that's hurting the defense. the defense gave up 13 points a game and scored a couple of times. the defense helped Rush in those wins than the other way around. the very first time a team scored more than 20 points, we lost. all the pressure was on defense.
Taking care of the ball....very important to a back qb. Letting defense rest.

Why are you such a hater?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Dak Crusaders find ANY excuse for Dak...wrong routes, bad play design, the defense sucks...one knucklehead even said MM made him throw the interception....:laugh:

But every Cowboys problem in this preseason game...is Lance.

Humans are weird.
what excuses? really...as if lance lovers haven't come up with a 100 already. you are weird.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Taking care of the ball....very important to a back qb. Letting defense rest.

Why are you such a hater?
I am not a hater. again, you said let defense rest? we had one of the worst time of possessions (TOP). did you miss that? is that letting defense rest? come on dude.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nothing is as it seems.

Ever wonder why they would do a breakdown of Lance after the first preseason game?
A game in which the Cowboys were not going to reveal much, anyway?
PROPAGANDA
wait. what?

here you call it meaningless and a propaganda.

then you started a thread praising his play.

you are speaking from both sides of your mouth!!!! not trust worthy

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You keep Lance because you don’t want to be in a Minnesota situation. The Cowboys have plenty of draft picks. We all have seen Rush through his career. He has been awful in preseason games most of his career. Rush’s claim to fame is his 5-1 record on the back of the Cowboys defense. There is a reason he signed a minimum salary contract last offseason.
My man your last 11 posts on this board are ALL in this thread.
That is pretty insane and hopefully a sign to you.
Lance is not that deep.

Many if not most Cowboys fans hoped he would step up and claim WR2 role this year.
We would welcome the upside he can offer.
But this film breaks it all down pretty nicely.
He struggles to get even the initial read out on time.
This makes his passes less accurate and increases risk for turnover as well as simply reducing the effectiveness of the play and overall gameplan.
Helmets and shells, no contact even versus air you see the same issues repeatedly.

The biggest issue in Dallas is he is being paid like a solid #2 QB and that deal runs out this year. A QB3 running out of contract is essentially dead man walking.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if the Trey truthers opinion of his game lines up with a former pro's professional breakdown.

watched this whole thing.

he is much worse than I thought.

his foot work, in year 4 is very very sloppy. I get it, he hasn't had playing time (excuses), but he has had off seasons to work on his footwork. obviously he hasn't. but injuries people exclaim... has he been injured 4 straight years? if yes, then why waste time on an injury prone player. he arm throws everything. there is minimal lower body movement. he needs a lot of work there.

he doesn't do a good job of pre-snap reads at all. doesn't know where to look and where the play is.
he doesn't know where to place the ball. often on the wrong side and wrong shoulder.
he is inaccurate, over throws because he can't fit it inside a tight window. so he is trying to be safe and over throws. puts the WRs in bad position or he misses throws.
he holds the ball way too long most often.

I am not sure if watching this and anybody in NFL watching him is going to trade anything for him at this point. it wouldn't surprise me if the cowboys cut him. he is not reliable to carry this team for a few games if anything happens during the season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I want you to remember...maybe rush didn't put the team on his back....but he didn't hurt the defense either. Like dak did with gb..
How did this become a Dak bash conversation? :huh: He is getting $60 million from the Cowboys a season rather you like it or not.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My man your last 11 posts on this board are ALL in this thread.
That is pretty insane and hopefully a sign to you.
Lance is not that deep.

Many if not most Cowboys fans hoped he would step up and claim WR2 role this year.
We would welcome the upside he can offer.
But this film breaks it all down pretty nicely.
He struggles to get even the initial read out on time.
This makes his passes less accurate and increases risk for turnover as well as simply reducing the effectiveness of the play and overall gameplan.
Helmets and shells, no contact even versus air you see the same issues repeatedly.

The biggest issue in Dallas is he is being paid like a solid #2 QB and that deal runs out this year. A QB3 running out of contract is essentially dead man walking.
I am just responding to my replies. I am a Dak Stan but I am sick of the crap on Lance fest. Why are you following my posts? :huh: :laugh::omg:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
1. Who is JT OSullivan?
2. Lance has barely played and almost has as many TDs as JT in his career
3. Lance has as much experience playing QB as a High School Junior so what do we expect
4. Were the scrub receivers getting open?
5. The Redzone pass to the flat, Lance had a DE on his arm, how is he supposed to deliver that accurately?
6. His mechanics suck, don’t need an hour of some joker that has a show called the QB School to tell me that
7. Is JT running some great offensive juggernaut we don’t know
8. Kurt Warner actually has the credibility to do this stuff, why do we need this clown?
9. Mahomes would have poor mechanics too but because he is an athletic freak with an amazing arm it works

Thanks for sharing though. Lance just needs to play. Make a decision after preseason.

Sydla

Reaction score
He looks good in camp.

Seems to know all the plays.
Ehhh, the camp reviews on him have not been all good and just knowing a play doesn't mean you actually understand the play. That showed in that video where Lance seemed to struggle to understand the intent of the play and where the ball really should have been going.

People need to come to grips with the reality that Lance is a massive reclamation project right now.

Sydla

Reaction score
1. Who is JT OSullivan?
2. Lance has barely played and almost has as many TDs as JT in his career
3. Lance has as much experience playing QB as a High School Junior so what do we expect
4. Were the scrub receivers getting open?
5. The Redzone pass to the flat, Lance had a DE on his arm, how is he supposed to deliver that accurately?
6. His mechanics suck, don’t need an hour of some joker that has a show called the QB School to tell me that
7. Is JT running some great offensive juggernaut we don’t know
8. Kurt Warner actually has the credibility to do this stuff, why do we need this clown?
9. Mahomes would have poor mechanics too but because he is an athletic freak with an amazing arm it works

Thanks for sharing though. Lance just needs to play. Make a decision after preseason.
O'Sullivan hung around the NFL as a QB for nearly a decade. His stuff is actually pretty good.

He was critical of Lance so of course, he must be a clown. LOL.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
O'Sullivan hung around the NFL as a QB for nearly a decade. His stuff is actually pretty good.

He was critical of Lance so of course, he must be a clown. LOL.
Hung around the league…

I was critical too of Lance if you forgot how to read. My point was this was just another opinion from a guy that no one would know about if not for the constant drone of social media. My other point is I will take my QB insight from guys that were actually good at playing or coaching the position. Warner for example does the same thing. Gruden was a great QB guy so I like him a lot too. JT is just another in an endless line of ”experts” that have minimal credibility. The kicker for me was even with his scant experience and terrible mechanics Lance is a better NFL QB than JT Friggin OSullivan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did this become a Dak bash conversation? :huh: He is getting $60 million from the Cowboys a season rather you like it or not.
So saying dak had a bad game with gb is.....bashing?

And you assume I won't like dak getting signed?

Dang....well okay then.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hung around the league…

I was critical too of Lance if you forgot how to read. My point was this was just another opinion from a guy that no one would know about if not for the constant drone of social media. My other point is I will take my QB insight from guys that were actually good at playing or coaching the position. Warner for example does the same thing. Gruden was a great QB guy so I like him a lot too. JT is just another in an endless line of ”experts” that have minimal credibility. The kicker for me was even with his scant experience and terrible mechanics Lance is a better NFL QB than JT Friggin OSullivan.
Again, he's actually pretty well respected for his insights. Just because you never heard of him doesn't make him a clown. But let's indulge you here............. what other QB videos/analysis of his have you watched? I would assume you have watched others for you reach the conclusion that he's some hack here who has minimal credibility.