The Rams traded a 1st for Cooks

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Cooks is a vastly better player than Cooper. We just gave up a 1st rounder for someone no one else would give a 2nd for.

Who cares if this is "Jerry's way of letting Garrett know"? Only a fool doesn't understand Garrett should have never been hired, and he's done nothing to prove the conventional wisdom wrong in 9 years, or more appropriately, going on 12 years.

The Cowboys are on the verge of falling to the bottom of the league, and just gave up a #1 to get there.
Cooks is vastly better in what areas? Show me the stats? If cooper played with Brady and Brees like Cooks did I think he’d put up bigger numbers than Cooks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I also think that this is Jerry’s way of letting Garrett know that if he fails. He’s gone.

It's entirely the opposite. Jerry let Garrett make next year's 1st round pick. You don't do that if you're even thinking about moving on from Garrett.

Garrett is here forever and ever.

vig454

Reaction score
I like the move and that is all that matters to me! :D We shall see if this will open up the passing game or is Dak the real problem. The OL has not been very consistent either.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
That Rams are on their way to a Super Bowl the way they're playing. Trading a first round pick to make them stronger actually makes sense.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it some are mad and I know watching draft night will be miserable without a 1st rounder. But before you bash Jerry . The genius rams gave up a 1st to get Cooks who in my opinion is a similar type WR. Speedy and good route runner. I’m going to hold my judgement and see how it plays out before I get pissed.
1. Cooks is better.
2. You have to consider where your team is in the development cycle. The Rams are making a SB push, so going all in makes some sense. The Cowboys are not one player away from winning this year or next, so trading away draft capital for 1.5 years of a guy doesn't make any sense.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
They didn’t know that before the season. And why not start loading up for next year?
Good organizations know where they stand as far as coaching and talent from the previous year and what they need to improve. Any competitive organization that knows that they can compete for a Super Bowl the coming year will gladly trade what they believe will be a low first round pick for someone who helps them win one sooner rather than later.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Good organizations know where they stand as far as coaching and talent from the previous year and what they need to improve. Any competitive organization that knows that they can compete for a Super Bowl the coming year will gladly trade what they believe will be a low first round pick for someone who helps them win one sooner rather than later.
Historically the Rams are a really bad organization. We’ll see, I’m going to hold my judgment on cooper. Get unemotional and go look at the WR’s drafted in the first round going back to 2014.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The rams can afford too their on the cusp of a superbowl

Dallas is on the cusp of doomsday
Yeah I can't believe some are trying to equate the two. The Rams pick is about to be one of the later picks of the first while the Boys might have a top 10 pick.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I get it some are mad and I know watching draft night will be miserable without a 1st rounder. But before you bash Jerry . The genius rams gave up a 1st to get Cooks who in my opinion is a similar type WR. Speedy and good route runner. I’m going to hold my judgement and see how it plays out before I get pissed.

I will judge this trade with the WR’s that will be drafted in the 1st round in 2019. IMO we would’ve gone WR anyways.

I also think that this is Jerry’s way of letting Garrett know that if he fails. He’s gone.
The Rams believe they were a player away. And they are undefeated to start the year and look like the best team in football.

We......are not those things.

Big_D

Reaction score
They have their #1 pick at QB already. This team does not.

hairic

Reaction score
"Show us on the draft value chart where your team traded you."

6BnJj9q.png

Also, the Rams got Cooks for 7 more games than Dallas gets Cooper.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why are you comparing the Rams, who is all in on winning now and have the brightest young mind in football in McVay? They also were trying to trade for Suh. They want to win now and will be able to use that WR because they know how. They have a system in place and know what they want to do. We have absolutely no idea what we want to do from week to week, much less long term.

Apples and oranges with our franchise and the Rams.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
#21 on Dallas just got better...let's see what happens. They gave up next years 1st rd pick where they would have gone after a WR anyhow...

Why do people keep bringing up this tired point? A 1st rd WR next year would be under control for up to 5 years if we want. Would cost way less and is younger. It is in no way the same thing. If we were going to draft a WR in the 1st round next year, why not just wait? This season is already a lost cause. Whomever wins this pathetic division will be a quick out just like the Skins were in 2015. This is a type of move you make if you actually believe you can win it all right now. Rams did it. We are not even close to the Rams.

This was a god awful move that makes zero sense.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Rams don't even need a first round pick next season, Dallas needs about five of them. The Rams are a SB favorite, Dallas is not even a playoff favorite.

Dak can barely use his outside recievers properly, what makes anyone think Cooper will magically change things in this poorly designed offense?

This trade was monumentally stupid.