The Raven’s should be proof Garrett and Linehan are not taking advantage of Dak’s skill set!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Are there really any fans left who support both the HC and OC?
If you support the HC, you are supporting the OC. The HC can have the OC fired right now.

I believe the HC is the bigger problem. Once Garrett is fired from Dallas he will NEVER be a HC again! Book it!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Giants were run blitzing at the end focusing on Zeke, while being down, trying to make plays happen to get the ball back. Dak took off a couple times a ran in that context.

Dak was managing the lead, when they were up in the late fourth.

They didn’t win because of his running, they moved the chains in the end to control the clock, with his running.
Dak’s running helped them get Ist downs and win the game! Simple!

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak’s running helped them get Ist downs and win the game! Simple!

Dak can manage the game with a lead in the fourth, just like guys like Lamar, with this defenses. That’s when running as a QB helps them. Dallas is playing it tight on purpose, meaning they are using Dak’s skill-set.

The problem is when this team gets down early and they have to rely on Dak’s arm, like the Colts.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Because our coaches make guys adjust to their scheme.
This is one of the main reasons Garrett and Linehan MUST go!

Belicheat is just the opposite. He looks at what his guys are good at and takes advantage of it. He also looks at the other teams weaknesses and try’s to exploit them. Garrett just says, “we worry about doing our job”.

Garrett is a basic Checker player, while Belicheat is an advanced Chess player!

JMech

Reaction score
Why are Garrett and Linehan handcuffing Dak? We need to take advantage of EVERYTHING Dak does well( designed runs on occasion, more RPO’s, more read options, the option, more no huddle early in games, etc., etc.)

The Raven’s have designed their offense around their rookie QB. Are we doing that for Dak? This coaching staff is not doing everything possible to make Dak and our Offense more successful!!!!

The coaches have time to fix this before the Playoffs. Will they?

Remember when they hired John Harbaugh when Jerry panicked and offered Garrett too much money to stay. Who believes that Garrett would have won a Super Bowl with the Ravens or has the team they have in the position they are today?

Best damn move that the Ravens ever made!

Cydios

Reaction score
Hell the Commanders knew what their 4th qb can do and exploited it. Eventually his rookie mistakes kicked in but he was doing well and I think may start permanently

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Do you want Garrett and Linehan to take full advantage of Dak’s skill set? There are many things Garrett and Linehan could do to help Dak and the whole offense be better and many of them do not include Dak running.

How come we never go no huddle early in games? How come we don’t go play action on 1st down more often. This would help everyone on offense, including Zek!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Hell the Commanders knew what their 4th qb can do and exploited it. Eventually his rookie mistakes kicked in but he was doing well and I think may start permanently
Speaking of the Commanders. We lost to the beat up Commanders the 1st time because we had the most predictable game plan imaginable, run into a stacked box on 1st and 2nd down and throw on 3rd. It didn’t work to well. As usual we did not adjust our game plan soon enough. We almost came back because Garrett FINALLY opened up the offense on the last 2 drives, going no huddle.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Ravens scored 1 offensive TD last night, so not a good example
If you paid attention it really was a good example. The controlled the clock and made some big plays when they needed to. They took advantage of their QB’s limited skill set.

Cydios

Reaction score
Speaking of the Commanders. We lost to the beat up Commanders the 1st time because we had the most predictable game plan imaginable, run into a stacked box on 1st and 2nd down and throw on 3rd. It didn’t work to well. As usual we did not adjust our game plan soon enough. We almost came back because Garrett FINALLY opened up the offense on the last 2 drives, going no huddle.

I was mainly speaking to the lasy 2 Commanders games. They play to their strength. That little QB is similar to Russel Wilson lacking the experience

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It's like saying -

"We should let Dez run back shoulder fades all game, it's what he's good at!! I know the coaches only have a limited amount of time to work with him and teach him to run other routes, but Dez is only effective running the back shoulder fades!! We are wasting Dez having him trying to learn other routes!!"

After he becomes slow, beat up, and set in his ways from years of "getting by" being a "running" QB, do you expect Dak to suddenly learn propped footwork in his 30s?

Stephen knows what's up.

If Dak doesn't learn how to be a pocket QB now, when will he? He's already behind the curve for his age...

God forbid we sign him long term and have a guy that can't run anymore and never learned the propped way to play the QB position.

It'll be Dez Bryant all over again.
We need to take advantage of Dak’s skill set right now. If he proofs he cannot win games for us then we need to move on from Dak, but since he is our QB right now, we MUST take advantage of his complete skill set!

Stephen Jones inherited his position. I’m not very impressed with his football IQ. Didn’t he say Tavon Austin would get 20 touches a game? Hilarious!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It’s an easy thing to say, but hen talk is cheap.

I’d say by most realistic measures Dak has dramatically outperformed expectations. I’d also say, we’ve seen pretty clear evidence that the guy plays better when you give him someone to throw it to. And that we saw in 2016 he plays better yet when you manage to protect him adequately.

Pretty good evidence to me that the issues with Dak are more about who he plays with than how he’s used.
You have WAY to much confidence in two coaches who have never won anything. There are amazing doctors and lousy doctors. I put Garrett and Linehan in the lousy category.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What do you guys even care? Y'all don't even like Dak, so what does it matter if he runs on some plays or not?

I already provided the data that shows the Cowboys (back in September) are 10-2 when Dak runs for more than 25 yards in a game, and they are 13-10 when he doesn't.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...s-disagree-on-Dak-Prescott-running-122181128/

Almost sounds as if you guys want Dak and this Offense to fail?

Why so defensive about questions concerning your stats? If you want to use stats to make an argument, you need to understand the context surrounding those stats. Your defensiveness indicates you don't want objective analysis, but have a biased narrative.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why so defensive about questions concerning your stats? If you want to use stats to make an argument, you need to understand the context surrounding those stats. Your defensiveness indicates you don't want objective analysis, but have a biased narrative.
Ok, let's discuss that data. How is it wrong to side with it?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They scored one offensive TD.

And yes, we take advantage of Dak’s skill set. He has the skill set of a low fourth round pick. I’d say our coahches have done well with Dak, but the. I’m capable of looking at things rationally.
You probably are capable of looking at things rationally, except when it comes to Garrett. This is a serious ? Are you related to Garrett?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak can manage the game with a lead in the fourth, just like guys like Lamar, with this defenses. That’s when running as a QB helps them. Dallas is playing it tight on purpose, meaning they are using Dak’s skill-set.

The problem is when this team gets down early and they have to rely on Dak’s arm, like the Colts.
Dak was not the problem during the Colts game. That's what you are failing to understand.