The real reason Dallas lost to the Rams - complaints over Dak

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Total possessions. We only had 8 possessions in the entire game.

Compare this to the amount of possessions the LOSING team in the Playoffs had starting from the Divisional round on.

Amount of possessions of the LOSING team:

Kansas City over Indianapolis - Indianapolis got 11 possessions
LA Rams over Dallas - Dallas got 8 possessions
New England over San Diego - San Diego got 11 possessions
New Orleans over Philadelphia - Philadelphia got 9 possessions

New England over Kansas City - Kansas City got 10 possessions
LA Rams over New Orleans - New Orleans got 10 possessions

New England over LA Rams - Rams got 12 possessions

Percentage converted to Touchdowns:

Indianapolis' offense converted 1 TD out of 11 - .091%
Dallas' offense converted 3 TDs out of 8 - 37.5%
San Diego's offense converted 4 TDs out of 11 - 36.36%
Philadelphia's offense converted 2 TDs out of 9 - 22.22%

Kansas City's offense converted 3 TDs out of 10 - 30% (KC actually converted 4, but I'm not gonna count that measly 23 yard TD drive that Mahomes converted....)
New Orlean's offense converted 2 TDs out of 10 - 20%
Rams' offense converted 0 TDs out of 12 - 0%

Those who are griping about Dak's poor 3rd down conversion rate in the Rans game fail to see that all of the QBs did worse than he did converting TDs as an entire percentage of drives. Dak's conversion rate (37.5%) was the highest among all QBs in the playoffs starting from the Divisional Round on. I'm sure people are just waiting to pounce on me claiming Mahomes actually converted 40%, but one of those was a 23 yard drive.....come on now. I'd say based on those numbers, only Rivers was Dak's equal in the playoffs.

ShortRound

Reaction score
sMcfwSo.gif

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The biggest red flag a starting QB can have is his inability to win over the fanbase. Cry babies may be cry babies, but all kids cry for a reason. Dak just needs to pacify this crowd with a ring. Me included.

KEEP WINNING DAK. WE LOVE YOU.

Trevor Lawrence 2021.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Total possessions. We only had 8 possessions in the entire game.

Compare this to the amount of possessions the LOSING team in the Playoffs had starting from the Divisional round on.

Amount of possessions of the LOSING team:

Kansas City over Indianapolis - Indianapolis got 11 possessions
LA Rams over Dallas - Dallas got 8 possessions
New England over San Diego - San Diego got 11 possessions
New Orleans over Philadelphia - Philadelphia got 9 possessions

New England over Kansas City - Kansas City got 10 possessions
LA Rams over New Orleans - New Orleans got 10 possessions

New England over LA Rams - Rams got 12 possessions

Percentage converted to Touchdowns:

Indianapolis' offense converted 1 TD out of 11 - .091%
Dallas' offense converted 3 TDs out of 8 - 37.5%
San Diego's offense converted 4 TDs out of 11 - 36.36%
Philadelphia's offense converted 2 TDs out of 9 - 22.22%

Kansas City's offense converted 3 TDs out of 10 - 30% (KC actually converted 4, but I'm not gonna count that measly 23 yard TD drive that Mahomes converted....)
New Orlean's offense converted 2 TDs out of 10 - 20%
Rams' offense converted 0 TDs out of 12 - 0%

Those who are griping about Dak's poor 3rd down conversion rate in the Rans game fail to see that all of the QBs did worse than he did converting TDs as an entire percentage of drives. Dak's conversion rate (37.5%) was the highest among all QBs in the playoffs starting from the Divisional Round on. I'm sure people are just waiting to pounce on me claiming Mahomes actually converted 40%, but one of those was a 23 yard drive.....come on now. I'd say based on those numbers, only Rivers was Dak's equal in the playoffs.

If it's a offensive bonanza game count us out!
Our QB can't keep up and protect our Defense and keep up score wise.
All DC in the NFL know .......Stop Zeke win the game!!!!

Yobwocs

Reaction score
If it's a offensive bonanza game count us out!
Our QB can't keep up and protect our Defense and keep up score wise.
All DC in the NFL know .......Stop Zeke win the game!!!!

An offensive bonanza game like the Packers in the Playoffs in which we lost by one field goal. Or the 2nd Eagles game last year where Dak had to keep putting up more points because the game just won't end and the defense was all worn out near the end.

I wasn't aware the Rams game was an offensive bonanza. The Rams simply bleeded the time of possession away in the first half so we won't get many opportunities to put up points. It's true we had 4 straight unsuccessful possessions, but that's like a normal game in the playoffs at that time. But the fact is, there's still supposed to be a lot more possessions left even after 4 short possessions but we were staring midway in the 3rd Q while on our 5th possession - meaning the Rams just intentionally melted away the clock.

We bit them back in the 2nd half and figured out what they were trying to do but we still couldn't stop the run. It was the same thing the Patriots did against the Chiefs - try to take them out of it early and put a lopsided score up before we even knew what bit us.

Stop Zeke? Of course we can't have Zeke stopped. We rely on Zeke. When we're a team that figures Zeke in our gameplan as much as we do, we HAVE to have him run for more than 47 yards otherwise we're staring at a huge disadvantage. We either have him play well or not at all. But I agree, we can't have him STOPPED. It's simply not a formula to win. Like I said, either he plays well or not at all - and I'm fine with the latter if that's what it takes.... we're 4-3 without Zeke all time, so...

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Uh yeah, no. Dak was terrible all game long. And just like his phony Pro Bowl, the garbage time touchdown at the end of the game that was gifted to the Cowboys by Aqib let Dak slobberers run all summer with the notion that it was a close game. It wasn't.
Hahahahaahahahahah

Dak was the only reason we had any shot. “Terrible” was the defense and “terrible” was our OL and run game.

Thanks for your JOKE of a take, and please bottle up those sad, DELICIOUS tears of yours when Dak signs his new deal.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Our run defense was terrible, this wasn't an 8 point game it was an *** kicking.
Er.... yes, except IT WAS AN 8 POINT GAME. As much as we sucked in a lot of ways, we were 1 score away from a championship game. This, when you really think about it, is good news. It means we don't have to improve a great deal to be a genuine contender.

Blake

Reaction score
Uh yeah, no. Dak was terrible all game long. And just like his phony Pro Bowl, the garbage time touchdown at the end of the game that was gifted to the Cowboys by Aqib let Dak slobberers run all summer with the notion that it was a close game. It wasn't.

The fact that you allowed that little bit of misery to slip out makes my day. :popcorn:

WE know you hate it. And you must like slobbering all over Romo's man boobs.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An offensive bonanza game like the Packers in the Playoffs in which we lost by one field goal. Or the 2nd Eagles game last year where Dak had to keep putting up more points because the game just won't end and the defense was all worn out near the end.

I wasn't aware the Rams game was an offensive bonanza. The Rams simply bleeded the time of possession away in the first half so we won't get many opportunities to put up points. It's true we had 4 straight unsuccessful possessions, but that's like a normal game in the playoffs at that time. But the fact is, there's still supposed to be a lot more possessions left even after 4 short possessions but we were staring midway in the 3rd Q while on our 5th possession - meaning the Rams just intentionally melted away the clock.

We bit them back in the 2nd half and figured out what they were trying to do but we still couldn't stop the run. It was the same thing the Patriots did against the Chiefs - try to take them out of it early and put a lopsided score up before we even knew what bit us.

Stop Zeke? Of course we can't have Zeke stopped. We rely on Zeke. When we're a team that figures Zeke in our gameplan as much as we do, we HAVE to have him run for more than 47 yards otherwise we're staring at a huge disadvantage. We either have him play well or not at all. But I agree, we can't have him STOPPED. It's simply not a formula to win. Like I said, either he plays well or not at all - and I'm fine with the latter if that's what it takes.... we're 4-3 without Zeke all time, so...

So why pay Dak 30 million a year strap the team cap wise when it's pretty evident that it's Zeke or BUST!
We're 4-3 without Zeke with 2 wins vrs the DEAD Giants Raiders and Skins.....and 3 a@@-whippings that knocked us out of the playoffs vrs the Bolts Eagles and Falcons you know teams that we're going somewhere in December.....

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What was the bigger factor in it not being close. Dak’s play or the run defense?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So why pay Dak 30 million a year strap the team cap wise when it's pretty evident that it's Zeke or BUST!
We're 4-3 without Zeke with 2 wins vrs the DEAD Giants Raiders and Skins.....and 3 a@@-whippings that knocked us out of the playoffs vrs the Bolts Eagles and Falcons you know teams that we're going somewhere in December.....
What’s your suggestion at QB if we let Dak walk?

We’ll ignore the many facts and figures that say that Dak is, at the very worst, an average NFL an qb and go with your feelings and then your path forward. Please provide a viable option that will make us a better team.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s your suggestion at QB if we let Dak walk?

We’ll ignore the many facts and figures that say that Dak is, at the very worst, an average NFL an qb and go with your feelings and then your path forward. Please provide a viable option that will make us a better team.

Let him earn his mega deal this upcoming season.
If he continues to be regressing Dak then bite the bullet in the Draft(trade up) and get ourselves a Top pick QB in the upcoming draft.
Guys stop the hate BS we all want the same thing here ......Superbowl # 6......and it ain't gonna happen with sub-par play at QB!