The real reason Dallas lost to the Rams - complaints over Dak

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Well let's see... we know that the Rams averged 37.1 points per game in 2018 at home, which was the fifth highest average in the history of the NFL. So the only people shocked by them putting up 30 were Dak slobberers, apparently. Maybe a better question would be, "what color is the sky in the world of Dak slobberers where 15 points at the start of garbage time was going to cut it?"
I would vote defense over any individual player, but they all sucked.
It’s your business and I don’t judge, but if you’d like to share...what is your fascination with the slobbering analogy?

Did you read the part about possessions? Those are key in football games.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
One thing everybody seems to be overlooking is that Big Woods was playing on a bad shoulder down the stretch and the Rams took advantage of that running the ball up our gut all day..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Meanwhile
Jared Goff is lauded as the next big thing while throwing 1 TD pass total in 3 postseason games en route to the Super Bowl.
The Rams were just a .500 team until Goff came along. He definitely was a key addition elevating them to a championship contender.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What I find amusing are those who continue to rag on Prescott, even though he's going to keep being our starting QB for years to come.
I don't get the complete love affair of Prescott or those who think he's a legend.
But even worse, I fail to understand those who post idiotic, childish and rather disgusting descriptions of those who support our QB.

That's where I'm at.

I know his value to this team, and I know he's not a finished product. Just enjoy it, like dang.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well let's see... we know that the Rams averged 37.1 points per game in 2018 at home, which was the fifth highest average in the history of the NFL. So the only people shocked by them putting up 30 were Dak slobberers, apparently. Maybe a better question would be, "what color is the sky in the world of Dak slobberers where 15 points at the start of garbage time was going to cut it?"
I would vote defense over any individual player, but they all sucked.
Yea, surely going in most fans thought we’d need more than 22 points against one of the more prolific offenses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's where I'm at.

I know his value to this team, and I know he's not a finished product. Just enjoy it, like dang.
That’s fine if your not looking to critique our symptoms.

No doubt Dak has value to this team. But like with every position there is always areas which can be improved upon.

There’s always a place for all types of fans. Some are cheerleaders others are analysts and critics.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
2017 11-5
2018 13-3

I guess those seasons didn’t support your narrative?

You just said Goff elevated them, when in fact when he was brought in he had the worst stretch the franchise had seen in many years. That's why I posted what I did.

Seems your narrative was incorrect.

Now Dak did come in and take his team from 4-12 to 13-3, I will give you that one.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That’s fine if your not looking to critique our symptoms.

No doubt Dak has value to this team. But like with every position there is always areas which can be improved upon.

There’s always a place for all types of fans. Some are cheerleaders others are analysts and critics.

Consider me an analyst then.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It’s your business and I don’t judge, but if you’d like to share...what is your fascination with the slobbering analogy?

Did you read the part about possessions? Those are key in football games.
No fascination... it's a dopey nickname, but we're rolling with it.

I did see/have seen the possession stuff but at the end of the day I'm not really moved by it. There is such a synergy between the two phases of the game that trying to blame one for the other is a pointless endeavor. If the defense doesn't allow the other team to run the ball at will all day, then the offense would have more possessions. If the offense wasn't so ineffective at scoring, the defense would have had more rest and the other team's offense would have had more pressure on them, which might have helped them not allow the other team to run all day.
Despite "only" giving up 30, I wouldn't say the defense did their job, far from it. But we knew what the Rams were going into the game.... they were almost invincible at home (despite our fan base laughably thinking we would have some edge because it was a "home" game). We needed better defense, a way better ground game, and lots of big plays from the passing and run game. We didn't get any of that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
By Goff you mean Mcvay, right?
McVay was a key addition also but doubtful would have had as much success with prior QB’s.

Not sure why anyone would discount Goff’s impact and talent level? I have some suspicions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No fascination... it's a dopey nickname, but we're rolling with it.

I did see/have seen the possession stuff but at the end of the day I'm not really moved by it. There is such a synergy between the two phases of the game that trying to blame one for the other is a pointless endeavor. If the defense doesn't allow the other team to run the ball at will all day, then the offense would have more possessions. If the offense wasn't so ineffective at scoring, the defense would have had more rest and the other team's offense would have had more pressure on them, which might have helped them not allow the other team to run all day.
Despite "only" giving up 30, I wouldn't say the defense did their job, far from it. But we knew what the Rams were going into the game.... they were almost invincible at home (despite our fan base laughably thinking we would have some edge because it was a "home" game). We needed better defense, a way better ground game, and lots of big plays from the passing and run game. We didn't get any of that.
Well said. And I think your “ Slobbering “ is effective. Hope you don’t mind if I use it as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You just said Goff elevated them, when in fact when he was brought in he had the worst stretch the franchise had seen in many years. That's why I posted what I did.

Seems your narrative was incorrect.

Now Dak did come in and take his team from 4-12 to 13-3, I will give you that one.
So, you don’t see how the Rams have elevated since Goff took over? It wasn’t immediate but it’s already taken them further.

I’m not sure someone promoting Quincy Carter is a fan I’d have much faith in their QB analysis. It hints of something. Not quite sure. How exactly did you arrive at such a screen name?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Dez caught it and made a football move.:mad:
:huh: What
:angry: well it's getting hard to tell one dead horse from another
giphy.gif