The real reason Dallas lost to the Rams - complaints over Dak

starfan1

Reaction score
Someone’s gonna have to check on some you once the ink is on the paper

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Let him earn his mega deal this upcoming season.
If he continues to be regressing Dak then bite the bullet in the Draft(trade up) and get ourselves a Top pick QB in the upcoming draft.
Guys stop the hate BS we all want the same thing here ......Superbowl # 6......and it ain't gonna happen with sub-par play at QB!
I think I was nice about it. The numbers show Dak is not regressing.

Trade up get a QB?? That’s really not very easy.

How many QB’s drafted above Dak are still in the league?

How many busts are there at QB? Routinely. My guess is many.

You say stop the Bs, yet you give him no credit. Ever. Even when someone like Percy posts tons of facts showing he’s actually pretty damn good. And clutch.

Take a look at his winning percentage and 4th quarter comebacks since he came into the league. Now compare it with others and tell me something that isn't BS.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Total possessions. We only had 8 possessions in the entire game.

Compare this to the amount of possessions the LOSING team in the Playoffs had starting from the Divisional round on.

Amount of possessions of the LOSING team:

Kansas City over Indianapolis - Indianapolis got 11 possessions
LA Rams over Dallas - Dallas got 8 possessions
New England over San Diego - San Diego got 11 possessions
New Orleans over Philadelphia - Philadelphia got 9 possessions

New England over Kansas City - Kansas City got 10 possessions
LA Rams over New Orleans - New Orleans got 10 possessions

New England over LA Rams - Rams got 12 possessions

Percentage converted to Touchdowns:

Indianapolis' offense converted 1 TD out of 11 - .091%
Dallas' offense converted 3 TDs out of 8 - 37.5%
San Diego's offense converted 4 TDs out of 11 - 36.36%
Philadelphia's offense converted 2 TDs out of 9 - 22.22%

Kansas City's offense converted 3 TDs out of 10 - 30% (KC actually converted 4, but I'm not gonna count that measly 23 yard TD drive that Mahomes converted....)
New Orlean's offense converted 2 TDs out of 10 - 20%
Rams' offense converted 0 TDs out of 12 - 0%

Those who are griping about Dak's poor 3rd down conversion rate in the Rans game fail to see that all of the QBs did worse than he did converting TDs as an entire percentage of drives. Dak's conversion rate (37.5%) was the highest among all QBs in the playoffs starting from the Divisional Round on. I'm sure people are just waiting to pounce on me claiming Mahomes actually converted 40%, but one of those was a 23 yard drive.....come on now. I'd say based on those numbers, only Rivers was Dak's equal in the playoffs.
Translation.....defense could not get off the field. I think most people agree that the defense is what let us down against the Rams. Dak did enough to win the game even with nearly a no show from Zeke. Whether it be the coaches or the players on defense...heck maybe both....whatever the case might be the D is why we lost.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The biggest red flag a starting QB can have is his inability to win over the fanbase. Cry babies may be cry babies, but all kids cry for a reason. Dak just needs to pacify this crowd with a ring. Me included.

KEEP WINNING DAK. WE LOVE YOU.

Trevor Lawrence 2021.
The cry babies could just find another team to route for...seems like it would be less stressful for them.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
True.

Marinelli killed us. 48 rushes 273 yards

And somehow he wasn't fired after that train wreck.

How bad do you have screw up your job?!?

Okay so we are fully blaming Rod for run defense now? Got it.
Our rush defense for the year was top 5 in both yards and yards per attempt.

You're gonna fire a top 5 coach after one game? How stupid lol. Especially after the clinic he put in the prior playoff game against the Seahawks.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I am confused about what looking at all these other losing teams is supposed to show?

How about look at the Rams? How many possessions did they have? What was their TD%?

This thread makes my head hurt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There were several contributing factors in our loss to the Rams on defense and offense.

Giving up 275 yards rushing the obvious stat. And if our defense doesn’t hold them to 3 field goals in several of those drives the game would have been over in 1st half. Rams definitely exploited our weakness on defense up the middle. Credit the defense or Rams lack of success in Redzone for keeping it within reach.

Our offenses success rides on our running game and time of possession. Elliott’s 45 yards didn’t get it done. And only converting 1 of 10 3rd down conversions left our defense vulnerable against one of the most prolific offenses in the league.

It was a total team failure. We obviously didn’t have a good enough team to advance further. A 22 Nd ranked offense isn’t enough deeper in playoffs if defense can’t carry you.

We really aren’t as good of a team as some want to project. We were basically one key player away in mid season trade from being a .500 or below team.

We have a marginal top 10 defense which depends on offense dominating time of possession and a bottom tier offense led by the leagues leading rusher and 15th ranked QB which culminates into a 22nd ranked offense in yards and scoring.

10-6 winning division was definitely an over achievement and winning a Wildcard game gravy to boot. Not a bad season for a marginally above average team overall.

Last edited:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
They lost to a better coached team and talented team. No reason to sugar coat the loss.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Compare this to the amount of possessions the LOSING team in the Playoffs had starting from the Divisional round on.

Kansas City's offense converted 3 TDs out of 10 - 30% (KC actually converted 4, but I'm not gonna count that measly 23 yard TD drive that Mahomes converted....)

Those who are griping about Dak's poor 3rd down conversion rate in the Rans game fail to see that all of the QBs did worse than he did converting TDs as an entire percentage of drives. Dak's conversion rate (37.5%) was the highest among all QBs in the playoffs starting from the Divisional Round on. I'm sure people are just waiting to pounce on me claiming Mahomes actually converted 40%, but one of those was a 23 yard drive.....come on now. I'd say based on those numbers, only Rivers was Dak's equal in the playoffs.
Sooooo, in simple terms, they were better than us? Ok, I get it.

GMO415

Reaction score
It's not about the amount of possessions but what the team does with them.

GenoT

Reaction score

Dak had little to do with the Rams loss, one way or the other..

Everything you need to know is in your first sentence.

Anytime a team lays 273 rushing yards on you
— while holding your running game to 50yds — you’ll be lucky to get 8 possessions.

Hard to win an NFL playoff game with 8 possessions.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What I find amusing are those who continue to rag on Prescott, even though he's going to keep being our starting QB for years to come.
I don't get the complete love affair of Prescott or those who think he's a legend.
But even worse, I fail to understand those who post idiotic, childish and rather disgusting descriptions of those who support our QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I put blame on offense, defense and coaches. Trying to single out 1 person as the reason for the loss is pathectic. I know people need their scapegoat but there needed to be better play from both sides of the ball.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Let him earn his mega deal this upcoming season.
If he continues to be regressing Dak then bite the bullet in the Draft(trade up) and get ourselves a Top pick QB in the upcoming draft.
Guys stop the hate BS we all want the same thing here ......Superbowl # 6......and it ain't gonna happen with sub-par play at QB!

Meanwhile
Jared Goff is lauded as the next big thing while throwing 1 TD pass total in 3 postseason games en route to the Super Bowl.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

This is an issue not talked about enough. I have been complaining about offensive tempo for years. Another Garrett gift. Add to this the defense's habitual lack of creating turnovers and Dallas' lack of desire to build big leads and you have opposing team comfortable running the ball. Redzone problems galore. These add up to shorten games and you get the phenomena you describe. It is a real problem and does not change unless the philosophy changes.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What was the bigger factor in it not being close. Dak’s play or the run defense?
Well let's see... we know that the Rams averged 37.1 points per game in 2018 at home, which was the fifth highest average in the history of the NFL. So the only people shocked by them putting up 30 were Dak slobberers, apparently. Maybe a better question would be, "what color is the sky in the world of Dak slobberers where 15 points at the start of garbage time was going to cut it?"
I would vote defense over any individual player, but they all sucked.