The real reason we aren't signing anyone

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys have several big contracts coming up with Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. Stop blaming it all on Dak’s extension.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
since the cap went up this season, shouldnt that mean that they are that much over the cap now? about 30 mil.
They should call Rolando, maybe he is off the purple drank now??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
make prescott play on the last year of his deal. just use the draft and sign players to one year deals and see how the season goes. prescott is not worth the money he wants. he just a garbage stat qb anyway.
Nor is he worth us being in cap hell for later years, just take the hit now and be done

Beaker42

Reaction score
Some people may disagree and say I’m not a real fan but I’m approaching this year similar to 2020 after Dak broke his leg.

I hope they fall on their *** and have a 2015 type year. It’s not going to get better until it gets worse, and even then it may not matter.

And those of you who say how can a real fan want them to lose, none of you have any idea the devotion I have always had to this team. It’s almost like a family member who you’ve tried and tried to help and there’s nothing left to do but let them destroy themselves and hope they hit rock bottom so they can learn and change. It doesn’t mean you love them less. It’s a big picture thing.
Right there with ya - I pray to God the entire season goes like the GB game. I’ve been a devoted fan for 50 years. This team, franchise, FO and owners CAN ALL SUCK IT.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
And you don’t know ours. Giving up is easy just stop complaining all the time.
I rarely post. I haven’t mentioned anyone’s devotion. You must be talking about the majority.

plymkr

Reaction score
It’s interesting that the spin here is “Dak may elect to play the year out” when for some of the fans that would be a positive.
I’m hoping we don’t sign Dak to a record breaking contract. If they resigned him to 3 more years at the same salary or a cheaper salary I’d be cool with that as we can build a better team in the trenches to help him. With that being said I feel it would be a terrible mistake on Dak’s part to play out this season on his current contract. Right now he’s got Jerry by the balls as far as leverage. He’s coming off a season where he was 2nd or 3rd in MVP voting, put up big numbers in regular season. He should cash in now. But if he plays out his contract with BDZ and Tyron gone then he’s not too smart. He’s looked like trash in games were the offensive line is injured. So if he has Edoga blocking for him and who knows at C he could be running for his life next season. And TP not running the ball. Decreased talent at RB, C and OT could mean a long season for Dak.

Personally what I want happen is he plays out his contract and he falls on his face and we move on with no cap ramifications. If I was Dak and had all the leverage I would use it before going into next season with a less talented offense.

Shannon1

Reaction score
I’ve been a diehard fan for 50 years ,I’m so tired of this same crap they keep telling us ,as hard as it may be I’m seriously thinking of not following them anymore!so disappointing I would rather see them over spend for players at least give us fans some false hope ,because know we have no hope !

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Because Stephen is CHEAP!!!! And Jerry will keep the extra money in his mattress. You guys really think Jerry will spend that extra money even if we could make Dak's 60 mill disappear???? :laugh: keep dreaming......

gtdRR

Reaction score
We aren't signing anyone because Jerruh and Stephen don't know what they're doing. He let Dak corner him and now he's stuck, deer in headlights, frozen.

Whether we cut Dak, extend him, cut others, extend others, it should have been done already. FA doesn't start the day of the new league year; everybody knows that except our GM.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak is going to earn every bit of his salary. Just like last season. He will get the blame, win or lose.

MikeT22

Reaction score
We're just waiting for players to get cut, June 1st and during camp. Then we will sign a couple of guys to fill our vacant starting positions.

visionary

Reaction score
Dak is who he is, a company man, here for the money

Take it this year and get out of here

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I rarely post. I haven’t mentioned anyone’s devotion. You must be talking about the majority.
He says that to anyone who doesn’t lick Daks cleats. Go easy or he will call you a Hater, or worse yet an Eagles fan.