The real reason we aren't signing anyone

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak should show the $60 Million check Jerry writes him for 17 games.

GMO415

Reaction score
The Cowboys have several big contracts coming up with Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. Stop blaming it all on Dak’s extension.
What extension?
KHT07X.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What extension?
KHT07X.gif
The only way there won’t be an extension is if they decide to take the huge cap hit and let him play out the final year and he has a down season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can’t use current or future contract as an excuse. A lot of teams will do whatever it takes to create room to bring in FA.

Ownership is more worried about making money and staying relevant than wanting to get better and compete.
It's not an excuse, it's a reason. THE reason.

How do you guys get here where you think the salary cap is irrelevant? Who is feeding you this trash info?

Creeper

Reaction score
This is the real flaw in the Joneses. They are weak and afraid to make big moves, necessary moves to better the team. If Dak will not sign an extension this year to help the team, then what is the point in letting him play one final season in Dallas? Cut him now and move on. This is the culture problem the Cowboys deny they have. I don't want a QB who is only interested in fleecing the team out of as much money as he can at the expense of the rest of the team. Dak is a good QB, but he is not that good. I would tell Dak, either sign an extension now to give us the room to improve the team, or we will cut your greedy behind and move on. This is the only leverage Jerry has. And btw, I feel the same way about giving Dak $60 million. He is not worth that kind of money now and he won't be in 3 years. If that's what he wants then tell him goodbye and good luck.

If Dak plays out his current contract in 2024, then hits free agency in 2025, the Cowboys will have wasted a year. Dak will only ask for more money next year.

I am not in favor of cutting Dak but it makes no sense to put the team in a position where they have no money to make improvements. If the roster has to take a hit to accommodate Dak's contract, then what is the point? They couldn't win in 2023 with the roster they had, why think they could win in 2024 with a lesser roster?

Jerry is playing a slot machine hoping if he keeps putting money into it, it will eventually pay off. It is a loser's strategy.

Given that Dak and all the coaches have 1 year on their contracts, I see Jerry throwing this season away for big changes in 2025. It is stupid if true. Jerry is old and tomorrow is promised to no one.