News: The reason Cowboys are favorite to win East

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes. Specifically thinking of folks that tout Dak as great but other QB's who are very similar as trash. Like you are with Dalton. Funny how that worked out.
It's a player evaluation thing, we've established that you wouldn't understand. :lmao:

Wait..........are you saying that Dak and Dalton are the same level QB and that Dak is trash? :huh:

How did Dalton and me work out? Great.......Dalton looked like garbage exactly how I said he would. :yourock:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Wait..........are you saying that Dak and Dalton are the same level QB and that Dak is trash? :huh:

No, I'm saying they are both mid level QB's. You say one is great and one is trash. That can't possibly be true as their overall game is very similar. (Actually a lot of people made this point ..... repeatedly ..... for like 18 mths)
How did Dalton and me work out? Great.......Dalton looked like garbage exactly how I said he would. :yourock:

Right back to where we started, heh? He most certainly didn't look like garbage. Only an unknowledgeable person or one predisposed to believe it could possibly reach that conclusion. You want it to be true to validate your prediction.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I thought Dalton looked pretty solid in a backup role. I wouldn't want him to be a full time starter, but would have loved him back as the backup.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right back to where we started, heh? He most certainly didn't look like garbage. Only an unknowledgeable person or one predisposed to believe it could possibly reach that conclusion. You want it to be true to validate your prediction.

Dalton looked like total garbage save for one game. Heck Gilbert looked better than the overwhelmed Dalton. Maybe thats why he was the last QB to get signed this offseason for a starting gig. But wait, the Bears traded up for Fields. They probably came to the realization that Dalton was their QB and starting having a nightmare. :muttley:

Should we go ahead and look at the statistics for Dalton as our QB? Sure you want to go down that road?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I thought Dalton looked pretty solid in a backup role. I wouldn't want him to be a full time starter, but would have loved him back as the backup.

NO I can agree with you there. Always liked Dalton as a "solid backup". But as a starting QB he is bottom of the barrel at this juncture.

JustChip

Reaction score
Andy is a serviceable QB. He’s not going to elevate or carry a team, but he can be a winning QB on a good team. He’s not the future for any team which is why Chicago traded up to get Fields. He’s their Alex Smith bridge to the future. But that doesn’t make him garbage. Undue emphasis on last year is ridiculous given the circumstances - his injury and bout with Covid plus the entire team as a unit, including coaching, was garbage.

jnday

Reaction score
They just look like a good team to me. The QB, although nothing special, is solid as long as he has a run game. Barkley is back. Their D is solid, especially their D-Line. Their offense is entirely different. All upgraded. They have less weaknesses than we do. I don't make a habit of watching Daniel Jones play, but he looked pretty good against us putting up 57 points in two games.
It is entirely possible that Garrett builds a good offense and they do well. Coaches seems to thrive when they are not undermined by the GM/owner. After watching MM’s in-game decisions, I appreciate Garrett much more. The Cowboys have been career killers for coaches the last few years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They literally did a deal with the devil to win that SB......maybe it was worth It since they got a ring but man....I'd advise no team to follow the blueprint for what they did. I at least want to contend somewhat after the SB.
Thats always hard to say, and hindsight is always 20/20 but looking back the past 25 years I would have sold out a couple times for the opportunity to grab a ring.
We would still be right here where we are now probably roster wise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is entirely possible that Garrett builds a good offense and they do well. Coaches seems to thrive when they are not undermined by the GM/owner. After watching MM’s in-game decisions, I appreciate Garrett much more. The Cowboys have been career killers for coaches the last few years.
Anything’s possible but we didn’t see much last year that would necessarily provide such optimism . No doubt losing Barkley for the season and Jones out for much of it didn’t help. Not sure what we saw from a horrid NY offense last year would provide so much optimism? And the last few years in Jersey has been horrid.

And I thought Garrett was the perfect puppet for Jethro Jone$. But for someone who relies on recent history to predict success coming up with this thought process for a 12-5 Jints SB caliber team doesn’t fit. Unless just being a hopeful fan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thats always hard to say, and hindsight is always 20/20 but looking back the past 25 years I would have sold out a couple times for the opportunity to grab a ring.
We would still be right here where we are now probably roster wise.
I get it. I’d rather have 5 years of contending than one SB and 4 years of bad football.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think that both Washington and NY are going to be significantly better this season than they were last year.

Washington will be improved at QB with Fitz. He’s not great, for sure but he’s better than what they had last year by a stretch. They’re improved at LB and WR for sure. They will have a tougher schedule but they’ll be better.

NY will have Barkley back and will be significantly better at WR. Plus, I think their defense is going to be improved and by the end of last year, they were already playing pretty well defensively.

Both of those teams are going to make things more difficult, IMO.

Of course, the biggest improvements in the division will probably be in Dallas. Getting Dak back is huge, and swapping out Nolan for Quinn might end up as the most significant move in the division. Defensively, Dallas should be much improved. Parsons could end up being a game changer if they truly use him as often in the pass rush as they’ve hinted they would.

Overall, the NFC East should be significantly improved. Anyone thinking Dallas should walk away with the East isn’t being rational about these other teams, I think.
I'm not sure Fitzpatrick is better than Smith. Fitzpatrick can get careless with the ball and have turnovers like crazy.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Should we go ahead and look at the statistics for Dalton as our QB? Sure you want to go down that road?

Already been down that road. His stats were just fine. You just don't want to admit it or acknowledge his wins.

Maybe thats why he was the last QB to get signed this offseason for a starting gig.

So, you finally admit he is a STARTING QB. Now we are making some progress.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Already been down that road. His stats were just fine. You just don't want to admit it or acknowledge his wins.

So, you finally admit he is a STARTING QB. Now we are making some progress.

What is to ackowledge? Cowboys won a few games under Dalton. Dalton beat a couple of bad teams with 3rd string QB's. Are you impressed? :muttley: First two games Dalton played he could barely score 10 points.

Dalton's stats were terrible. If you like Dalton or think he played well, then you just have hopelessly poor standards. I expect much better than Dalton.

Dalton started 8-10 years in the league. LOL

He also started 11 games for the Cowboys. Nothing to admit, its fact. But he sucks as a starter. last year no one wanted him. Signed for Cowboys for 3 million. Chump change.

He was the last starter to sign this year. Looked like he might get another chance to start ,but then they moved up to take Fields. So looks like your hero is back to where he belongs. Backing up.

Maybe he will get few starts in the beginning of the year and we can watch the horror show again until he gets relegated to bench rider.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All the things you've been denying or trying to characterize as garbage, sucks or bottom of the barrel.

Dalton does suck. Its why he has a hard time finding a starting gig and couldnt last year. If you think hes great, have at it. He is backup material.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dalton does suck. Its why he has a hard time finding a starting gig and couldnt last year. If you think hes great, have at it. He is backup material.
The bigger question in this Dalton/Dak debate is would the Cowboys still be picked to win the division if Dalton was starting instead of Dak? @McKDaddy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The bigger question in this Dalton/Dak debate is would the Cowboys still be picked to win the division if Dalton was starting instead of Dak? @McKDaddy

Well seeing as though McDaddy thinks Dalton is a good QB in the NFL, the answer would be yes.

He actually implied that Dalton and Dak are the same level QB. Maybe he is Catch in disguise looking for someone to agree with him.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well seeing as though McDaddy thinks Dalton is a great QB in the NFL, the answer would be yes.

He actually implied that Dalton and Dak are the same level QB. Maybe he is Catch in disguise looking for someone to agree with him.
Or maybe he’s a Dak troll. I’ll be curious of his response . If he actually believes they are equal or same level QB at this stage then we’ll know.