News: The reason Cowboys are favorite to win East

Swagger

Reaction score
Cowboys defense will be better. It comes down to the o line for me.

Flamma

Reaction score
Giants 12-5
Commanders 10-7
Cowboys 8-9
Eagles 6-11

That's my prediction for the NFC East.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Giants 12-5
Commanders 10-7
Cowboys 8-9
Eagles 6-11

That's my prediction for the NFC East.
Love these predictions from presumably anonymous Cowboys fans which go totally against all media analysis and expert analysts without any documentation support or links of any kind to support.

Basically taken right out of thin air. And why anonymous fan opinions are basically useless. Lol

And a fan from Jersey promoting Jints go 12-5 winning division . Nothing suspicious. Lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Love these predictions from presumably anonymous Cowboys fans which go totally against all media analysis and expert analysts without any documentation support or links of any kind to support.

Basically taken right out of thin air. And why anonymous fan opinions are basically useless. Lol

I like you as a poster. But if there was an unlike button, I'd press it due to your ignorant post.

What the hell are you talking about? Against media analysis? Expert Analysis? Did you just yesterday fight your way out of a paper bag? These experts don't exist. Only in their own heads. Take a look at what the Cowboys have done over the last decade. It doesn't take a self proclaimed expert to figure it out. I've been watching football for 40+ years. I don't believe someone else is watching it with more understanding. I just don't.

There has been nothing taken out of thin air. The Cowboys have sucked for several decades with few exceptions. Am I supposed to now believe things are different because some supposed God of yours says so? Some analyst? Dude, how old are you? I expect exactly what I've been seeing. Until I see differently I will never expect anything better. What I predicted is chalk IMO. I've mentioned it before that I am an X heavy gambler. I bet chalk and I was pretty successful. Only an idiot would bet the Cowboys to win the division.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I like you as a poster. But if there was an unlike button, I'd press it due to your ignorant post.

What the hell are you talking about? Against media analysis? Expert Analysis? Did you just yesterday fight your way out of a paper bag? These experts don't exist. Only in their own heads. Take a look at what the Cowboys have done over the last decade. It doesn't take a self proclaimed expert to figure it out. I've been watching football for 40+ years. I don't believe someone else is watching it with more understanding. I just don't.

There has been nothing taken out of thin air. The Cowboys have sucked for several decades with few exceptions. Am I supposed to now believe things are different because some supposed God of yours says so? Some analyst? Dude, how old are you? I expect exactly what I've been seeing. Until I see differently I will never expect anything better. What I predicted is chalk IMO. I've mentioned it before that I am an X heavy gambler. I bet chalk and I was pretty successful. Only an idiot would bet the Cowboys to win the division.
But yet you believe the Jints will go 12-5? Lol

There are more “Idiots” as you defined lined up picking the Cowboys along with professional handicappers which I’d place more validity with than an anonymous yahoo on a fan forum.

And I’m 66 years old . I’m more than familiar with our history. And our divisional rivals recent history . And why most are picking the Cowboys .

Provide me one credible link that’s not . And aligning with you and your 12-5 Jints .

Jipper

Reaction score
There’s always an unknown factor involved . I understand fans who aren’t interested in such. But when you’re handicapping or predicting there’s really no choice but to use recent history.

fair....I do love the fact that at least for the most part the nfl is a year to year league where you can turn a team around fairly quickly vs some of the other major sports.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
fair....I do love the fact that at least for the most part the nfl is a year to year league where you can turn a team around fairly quickly vs some of the other major sports.
Yes, but rarely do we see those unusual turn arounds predicted . Most analysts and professional handicappers use recent history.

Now once they begin to develop then we can begin to make those predictions which again would be based on more recent history.

Professional handicappers aren’t usually in the Cristal Ball business. They might have hunches but they’d need something to support if they wanted bettors to follow them.

There are some surprises from year to year but on the most part the recent history holds up.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So if your team puts up 31 and 38 points in consecutive losses to playoff caliber teams but the defense gives up 38 and 49 points , you are holding the QB responsible for the losses ?
Yes when the QB leads the team to 7 points on the opening drive and than does nothing until the 4th quarter. The QB needs to be able to get some first downs to give his defense a rest.If he gets one 1st down on a second down throw and than goes 3 and out he isn't helping things. Just like in that Rams playoff game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Cowboys O line play will be critical next season.

In reality Prescott won't be allowed to run much given the investment put in him by the front office. Consequently defensive coordinators can all but discount his legs as a threat next season when game planning. So the pressure will be on the line blocking well for Zeke to rush and giving Prescott enough time to throw the ball. That side they will probably look for a load of quick releases to avoid any unnecessary contact on him.
You got that right! The Cowboys have to play most of their division games at the end of the season and that will mean Tyron Smith won't be there. He always fades.

jnday

Reaction score

I tend to agree with you. I see a lot of delusional posts that expresses totally unreasonable expectations. Dallas was not a good team last year before the injuries happened. The offense puts up great stats, but those stats don’t translate to wins. The defense is horrible and this draft will only have a minimal impact this year. Personally, I think this is the least excited I have been about a draft class since 2009. After seeing MM in-game coaching decisions, he showed why A. Rodgers called him the lowest football IQ guy in the entire league. He is a fat version of Garrett. Sure, it is possible for Dallas to win the division, but it is not likely. The whole division stinks , which includes the Cowboys until they prove otherwise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes when the QB leads the team to 7 points on the opening drive and than does nothing until the 4th quarter. The QB needs to be able to get some first downs to give his defense a rest.If he gets one 1st down on a second down throw and than goes 3 and out he isn't helping things. Just like in that Rams playoff game.
But it’s a 4 quarters game. You are saying that a team that scores over 30 points a game can hold their offense responsible for losing not a defense that gives up 40 points ? Ok.. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you. I see a lot of delusional posts that expresses totally unreasonable expectations. Dallas was not a good team last year before the injuries happened. The offense puts up great stats, but those stats don’t translate to wins. The defense is horrible and this draft will only have a minimal impact this year. Personally, I think this is the least excited I have been about a draft class since 2009. After seeing MM in-game coaching decisions, he showed why A. Rodgers called him the lowest football IQ guy in the entire league. He is a fat version of Garrett. Sure, it is possible for Dallas to win the division, but it is not likely. The whole division stinks , which includes the Cowboys until they prove otherwise.
Picking the Cowboys to win the worst division in the league where below .500 won it isn’t necessarily a great applause.

This Cowboys team wouldn’t be picked to win any other division .

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s been pretty much confirmed that the NFC East is a dumpster fire. When a team wins the division with a 7-9 record as Washington did in 2020, that’s about as weak as it comes. The hope is that the 2021 season will be a little more competitive; the fact that the Dallas Cowboys were competitive until the final weeks after playing four different quarterbacks is a clear signal that the East is no longer a Beast. The Least is more accurate.

Still, someone has to win it, and with that win comes a playoff berth. The early favorites for the 2021 NFC East title are the Cowboys. That certainly will bring much skepticism and scoffing from different parts of the fanbase, and the media. But the fact remains that the betting houses favor the Cowboys.

Again, someone has to win it. And the Cowboys should be the favorites for one simple reason. Dak Prescott. The Cowboys clearly have the best quarterback in the division and it’s really not that close.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...he-favorites-in-the-nfc-east?ref=SiteHype.com
I don’t even reading your post,. And no disrespect to it. It will be because we’re healthy

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Picking the Cowboys to win the worst division in the league where below .500 won it isn’t necessarily a great applause.

This Cowboys team wouldn’t be picked to win any other division .
It’s all about health my cowboy brother. We have a greed is a shot is anybody I agree

Hadenough

Reaction score
But it’s a 4 quarters game. You are saying that a team that scores over 30 points a game can hold their offense responsible for losing not a defense that gives up 40 points ? Ok.. Lol
But what about the games the defense showed up and Dak couldn't even manage one TD. Ok LOL

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m curious what you see in the Giants that suggests they will do that well

They just look like a good team to me. The QB, although nothing special, is solid as long as he has a run game. Barkley is back. Their D is solid, especially their D-Line. Their offense is entirely different. All upgraded. They have less weaknesses than we do. I don't make a habit of watching Daniel Jones play, but he looked pretty good against us putting up 57 points in two games.