News: The reason Cowboys are favorite to win East

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Blogging the boys is a great site if you’re looking for insider reports and opinions on the Cowboys outside of the national crap so many fans choose to acknowledge.

It’s one of the few sites outside all of the local media I tend to give much credit to.
Appreciate the tip.
Have read their stuff, good site

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But what about the games the defense showed up and Dak couldn't even manage one TD. Ok LOL
Then those games Dak and or the offense can be held accountable too. But not the ones they put up over 30 points and defense can’t hold them under 40.

Overall if you have an offense that’s top 5-10 in the league and defense which is near the bottom then it’s clear where the root of the issue is. That doesn’t mean Dak and or the offense doesn’t have some lesser games and held accountable as such.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They just look like a good team to me. The QB, although nothing special, is solid as long as he has a run game. Barkley is back. Their D is solid, especially their D-Line. Their offense is entirely different. All upgraded. They have less weaknesses than we do. I don't make a habit of watching Daniel Jones play, but he looked pretty good against us putting up 57 points in two games.
But you stated earlier you rely on recent history to make bolder predictions. Guess that only applies to the Cowboys. BUSTED!!!! Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m curious what you see in the Giants that suggests they will do that well
His crystal ball on the Jints has nothing to do with recent history which he stated in an earlier post is why he doesn’t see the Cowboys winning division. But his team from Jersey he sees winning it going 12-5 based on their recent history. Jints fan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop that ran to the front door and realized They can not raid me it is legal for me I has a license
I don’t have a problem with opposing fans on this site. They can make some fine contributions. But stop pretending to be a Cowboys fan. Typical troll like behavior. This forum is full of them.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Washington Defense and Giants offense are pretty scary. Only thing holding them back is QB play.
skins qb situation is a million times better now than it was last season. If jones keeps progressing then it's going to suck, even more for us

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I think the Commanders with Rivera have become the favorite. They are building a strong defense and the have enough on offense that when you add Fitzpatrick that tilts them over the Cowboys. Fitzpatrick is a dangerous QB that can look awful at times but he will also throw 3 TDs against a good defense. Washingtons defense will be strong enough to protect against Fitzpatricks mistakes. Dak wont make the mistakes but he will get stymied against a good defense.
Seriously? There’s a reason Fitz has never been anything but a journeyman. And he’s now an old journeyman.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They just look like a good team to me. The QB, although nothing special, is solid as long as he has a run game. Barkley is back. Their D is solid, especially their D-Line. Their offense is entirely different. All upgraded. They have less weaknesses than we do. I don't make a habit of watching Daniel Jones play, but he looked pretty good against us putting up 57 points in two games.
They only have 18 total wins in the last 4 years combined, so 12 wins would be a huge turnaround. But who knows .. strange things happen.

Flamma

Reaction score
They only have 18 total wins in the last 4 years combined, so 12 wins would be a huge turnaround. But who knows .. strange things happen.

The 49ers had less wins in the 4 years prior to being in the SB. In fact, more than half of the super bowls feature at least one team that didn't make the playoffs the previous year.

Unless you're in a total rebuild, the right circumstances can make you a contender in short order. I can only go by the little information we have right now. I don't know how Daniel Jones is going to play. He may crap the bed. But the Giants didn't have a DL issue. At least not in the run stopping department. Did we fix ours? If we don't get hit with injuries and our draft picks pan out, that would be the best case scenario. But it's like the Cowboys are perpetually stuck in mediocrity.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he signed as a backup last year. Couldn’t get a starting gig. Chicago signed him this year then traded up for fields. NFL and facts say he sucks. Or you could have just watched him last year or the year before.

poor guy, do you miss your hero?

You're as bad at evaluating when you've lost a discussion as you are at evaluating players.

P.S. - I know you think if you make the last comment you have won. Just here to let you know, that's not how it works.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're as bad at evaluating when you've lost a discussion as you are at evaluating players.

P.S. - I know you think if you make the last comment you have won. Just here to let you know, that's not how it works.

When you can’t find a starting job, you suck. Yah, I win. That’s how it works.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
When you can’t find a starting job, you suck. Yah, I win. That’s how it works.
He has a starting job. You can try to ignore it but everyone else realizes its fact.
He's been in the league for 10 years all as a starter except for last season. 3X Pro Bowls and almost 34,000 yards. You can't suck and hold a starting QB job for a decade. Everyone else can understand this.
Even if Fields takes over at some point, it won't mean he won the job. It's just how organizations tend to handle top 15 QB's.
Does it bother you I'm so easily able to stay on point and just keep burning down your strawman arguments with facts?

ghst187

Reaction score
I tell ya although the division records weren’t good...awash was a competent QB away from just about ending Tampa in the playoffs...
So I honestly don’t think the margin is that big from middling to SB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has a starting job. You can try to ignore it but everyone else realizes its fact.
He's been in the league for 10 years all as a starter except for last season. 3X Pro Bowls and almost 34,000 yards. You can't suck and hold a starting QB job for a decade. Everyone else can understand this.
Even if Fields takes over at some point, it won't mean he won the job. It's just how organizations tend to handle top 15 QB's.
Does it bother you I'm so easily able to stay on point and just keep burning down your strawman arguments with facts?

Lol.....you don’t bother me. I get a kick out of you. All this gives me ammo to make you look bad in future arguments. Your the guy that said dalton was a great qb.

dalton sucks and even the bears know it. Nfl agrees, bears agree.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lol.....you don’t bother me. I get a kick out of you. All this gives me ammo to make you look bad in future arguments. Your the guy that said dalton was a great qb.

dalton sucks and even the bears know it. Nfl agrees, bears agree.

Yeah, it started off as a simple conversation and now it's a full blown comedy show.
Your patent refusal to acknowledge even the most basic facts makes us laugh. Hard.
Can you show me where I said he was a great QB? Of course you can't because it's just something you made up to try & change the narrative. Good one!!! You really do go all out to avoid that pesky truth .
You should go into the talk radio. Give Stephen A a run for his money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, it started off as a simple conversation and now it's a full blown comedy show.
Your patent refusal to acknowledge even the most basic facts makes us laugh. Hard.
Can you show me where I said he was a great QB? Of course you can't because it's just something you made up to try & change the narrative. Good one!!! You really do go all out to avoid that pesky truth .
You should go into the talk radio. Give Stephen A a run for his money.

Were you laughing when Dak signed his long term deal?
I know I was. :oldcouple::dance::yourock:

Especially when you and the cry babies came out pouting about it.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think the Commanders with Rivera have become the favorite. They are building a strong defense and the have enough on offense that when you add Fitzpatrick that tilts them over the Cowboys. Fitzpatrick is a dangerous QB that can look awful at times but he will also throw 3 TDs against a good defense. Washingtons defense will be strong enough to protect against Fitzpatricks mistakes. Dak wont make the mistakes but he will get stymied against a good defense.
He's so dangerous he's never made the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Were you laughing when Dak signed his long term deal?
I know I was. :oldcouple::dance::yourock:

Especially when you and the cry babies came out pouting about it.

Yes. Specifically thinking of folks that tout Dak as great but other QB's who are very similar as trash. Like you are with Dalton. Funny how that worked out.
It's a player evaluation thing, we've established that you wouldn't understand. :lmao: