The reason Dak is a good QB

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I said aikman on a good day...not avg..Thank you...I dont have a problem with the Cowboys making it about money, just fans that dont know the difference..To presume that Dez production in the last three years is a direct result of exhibiting a lessor production value with a qb that has not thrown a 1000 yards with any receiver on this team, is basic...Simply put im not really defending Dez, im giving you perspective..Your opinion of both Dak and Dez is devoid of all the facts..

Yet head of personnel with the Cowboys viewed if differently but I'm sure message board fans have the better insight. lol I will say yes it is about the money you don't pay that kind of money to a WR who is playing avg. Dallas did not even bother attempt a reduction in his pay, this was more than just money.

Billyd

Reaction score
JULIO..bahawhawhaw!! THATS what we need a wr who takes receptions away from other receivers on the team, and doesnt score tds..Why is it that fans love Julio when he has scored less tds than a crappy ole Dez we just kicked to the curb?

PLEASE, you do need education!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really I guess Baltimores offer was an illusion...You getting a percentage? Lol. THEY are simply squeezing the tires...im not really worried about the next team that will sign Dez..Why are you?

No it was an offer much less than what he was getting in Dallas and he probably should have taken it. I'm not concerned about the next team that signs Dez only stating if a top WR was on the market he would not remain there for long teams would be willing to pay big money

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JULIO..bahawhawhaw!! THATS what we need a wr who takes receptions away from other receivers on the team, and doesnt score tds..Why is it that fans love Julio when he has scored less tds than a crappy ole Dez we just kicked to the curb?

PLEASE, you do need education!

Not from you, you can suck on Dez all day he is not that good if he was he would still be in Dallas and Jones 9,0000 plus yards in less time shows the explosiveness of him as a WR. Seems you could use some education yourself

Billyd

Reaction score
Yet head of personnel with the Cowboys viewed if differently but I'm sure message board fans have the better insight. lol I will say yes it is about the money you don't pay that kind of money to a WR who is playing avg. Dallas did not even bother attempt a reduction in his pay, this was more than just money.

OKAY i think you may be getting closer to facts now..Most likely the rant he had on Linehan end of last season..Other issues not necessarily on the field..However you can not untie Dezs production with Romo and compare to his production with Dak without looking at Linehans reluctance to adjust routes, refrain from getting other wr involved..yada..What I have seen is Linehan trying to manipulate Dak into forcing Dez..and this problem was there in 2016..You can see it if you look..No I really think that in the right system (One with a vet qb capable of realizing how to leverage Dez) He will be productive. Hopefully not at our expense!

DAK is fine..Like ive mentioned in other posts, a left guard/center in the zone blocking scheme is very important, way more than I originally thought..Get Conner coached up, I think any questions about Daks skills will be a mist in his ascension!

waving monkey

Reaction score
He already proved he plays better without a star wideout and spreads the ball around successfully when concentrated on various targets.

Imo what we have now at the position without dez could be 2x better than what we had when dez was injured and Dak balled out.

Dez injured:

-twill (no hands, no speed)
-beasley (limited speed, small, possession only)
-butler (limited speed, one trick pony, disappears)

^^^^^Still Dak made things happen with them

Dez cut:

-twill (same)
-beasly (same)
-austin (good speed, hands, good route runner)
-Gallup (best route runner, best hands, potential)
-thompson (a faster butler, better skills)

^^^^^Dak will do 2x better with the add-on's

I believe the better route runners along with better hands wideouts will really benefit Dak greatly, and limit the interceptions. Dak will also have decent timing WR's and should be able to put the ball where he wants it to be.

Dak will prove the haters wrong, book it.

Dak-friendly 2018

:flagwave:
:grin:
:)

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
yes, i really should have said that as well. Just keep dak to his strengths and he showed last year he can get the ball around. I do believe this.

Every successful NFL teams lets player play to their strength. Don't see Brady running naked bootlegs do we? Didn't see P. Manning doing that, either.

As has been the case with Garrett/Linehan, what remains to be seen is can the coaches develop and run a scheme that will use Dak's strengths?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I watched the senior bowl to see Wentz because we still had a shot at him at the time. I was more impressed with the kid Prescott than Wentz. Which at the time was a letdown, but I remember thinking Dak has the "IT" factor.
Romo was a backup for over 3 years and yet we are ready to throw Prescott under the bus after 2 really good years. Sometimes I just don't get Cowboy fans.
:clap:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OKAY i think you may be getting closer to facts now..Most likely the rant he had on Linehan end of last season..Other issues not necessarily on the field..However you can not untie Dezs production with Romo and compare to his production with Dak without looking at Linehans reluctance to adjust routes, refrain from getting other wr involved..yada..What I have seen is Linehan trying to manipulate Dak into forcing Dez..and this problem was there in 2016..You can see it if you look..No I really think that in the right system (One with a vet qb capable of realizing how to leverage Dez) He will be productive. Hopefully not at our expense!

DAK is fine..Like ive mentioned in other posts, a left guard/center in the zone blocking scheme is very important, way more than I originally thought..Get Conner coached up, I think any questions about Daks skills will be a mist in his ascension!

I think Dez and Romo clicked but I also think injuries have taken their toll, over the last couple of season Dez has lead this team in dropped passes, he is not beating his man as he has before. Hell Dez never had great speed and has never been a great rout runner he has used his physical ability to over power CB. Trying to put it all on Dak sorry not buying it

Billyd

Reaction score
Not from you, you can suck on Dez all day he is not that good if he was he would still be in Dallas and Jones 9,0000 plus yards in less time shows the explosiveness of him as a WR. Seems you could use some education yourself

YOU are still making the money point with this rant...its all about the money. DEZ was gone after his rant against linehan..If you read between the lines that is clear..And they did Dez little favor by waiting till the time they released him...They could have made him a june 1 cut and saved more money, thats how much they wanted to resolve the issue..Dez would be signed if they had cut him earlier. We forget he was not on the market during the first several waves of FA..Whether or not Dez was delaying the inevitable is unknown..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I only care about what Dak can do for us this season with the receivers we have this season. What he did or did not do as a rookie and last season with a different group of pass catcher's will have no impact the teams success this year.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
All i know is this, it's one thing for most to say Dez was finished (i disagree but i understand the argument) but i have seen nobody explain to me how it was possible for every other receiver on our team to have had a down season in 2017, EVERY RECEIVER! at the same time and have none of that be on the QB. Dak played a part in their poor performances, to think he didn't is very naive. It doesn't mean the same thing will happen this season but it did happen last season. Receivers don't throw the ball to themselves

Billyd

Reaction score
I think Dez and Romo clicked but I also think injuries have taken their toll, over the last couple of season Dez has lead this team in dropped passes, he is not beating his man as he has before. Hell Dez never had great speed and has never been a great rout runner he has used his physical ability to over power CB. Trying to put it all on Dak sorry not buying it

Im not selling it..If you want to pay something though...lol..

Bro Too many receivers like tight ends that are successful with marginal route running for your shallow opinion to make your statement true..I dont think its even an argument..Especially considering the new Wr Coach for the Cowboys...

Think globally. LINEHANS *** would probly ve hitting the bricks if you are even being objective..I prefer to point the furry eyeball at the true name of the pain..This has smelled for some time despite pockets of 2016...Left guard...Then a combo platter of Linehan potentially growing sour on dez, based on a decision to ditch Romo, who made Linehan and the Cowboys offense look really smart..That and a bunch of fans who havent seen a new franchise qb since 2006.. lol..

Please Dez is not the real issue..He is not done, nor did he diminish drastically..If you hold onto your opinion of him much longer, he might make alot of us eat it..

I suspect as we go along more will come out about the dismantling of the Romo era later... Moving forward i think a low opinion of Daq as a qb is presumptuous...His upside and level is very promising...

Billyd

Reaction score
I only care about what Dak can do for us this season with the receivers we have this season. What he did or did not do as a rookie and last season with a different group of pass catcher's will have no impact the teams success this year.

BEASLEY will play a large part in that comparison if true..Lol..Williams as well if he is on the Ir or suspended..Meaning that Twills zero tds probly be the same as this season...bahawhawhaw!!

Billyd

Reaction score

EXACTLY I seem to remember in spots in 2016 and 2017 where Daks ability to spread was in display. I Dont doubt that part of his game, and quite frankly the way the wr should be used in every game.

NOTHING but positive things come out of good execution..The problem arises when any receiver starts to think his needs to get the rock are elevated..Its a team game..

Make dcords guess, and make them adapt to what you are doing...if they can, then do what you really want to do..

Billyd

Reaction score
No it was an offer much less than what he was getting in Dallas and he probably should have taken it. I'm not concerned about the next team that signs Dez only stating if a top WR was on the market he would not remain there for long teams would be willing to pay big money

Or they filled their needs in the first few rounds of Fa, and any others would be filled in the draft..Dez was not released during that time frame..Dez should have considered that with Baltimore. My thinking there is Joe Flakko..He aint the one Yoda!

It really isnt about the money with Dez...yet..Lol. like I said please dont let that change with a team in the east or some team in the NFC like The packers or other team on our schedule..DEZ can hurt any team in the Nfl with the right qb, and a wr opposite that makes teams pay for doubling..Twill doesnt do that..Another reason on Dez..

InTheZone

Reaction score
He already proved he plays better without a star wideout and spreads the ball around successfully when concentrated on various targets.

Imo what we have now at the position without dez could be 2x better than what we had when dez was injured and Dak balled out.

Dez injured:

-twill (no hands, no speed)
-beasley (limited speed, small, possession only)
-butler (limited speed, one trick pony, disappears)

^^^^^Still Dak made things happen with them

Dez cut:

-twill (same)
-beasly (same)
-austin (good speed, hands, good route runner)
-Gallup (best route runner, best hands, potential)
-thompson (a faster butler, better skills)

^^^^^Dak will do 2x better with the add-on's

I believe the better route runners along with better hands wideouts will really benefit Dak greatly, and limit the interceptions. Dak will also have decent timing WR's and should be able to put the ball where he wants it to be.

Dak will prove the haters wrong, book it.

Dak-friendly 2018

:flagwave:
:grin:

I don't remember Romo having an issue spreading the ball around and being efficient when he had Dez and TO on his team? Why the excuses, once again, for Dak? Why don't we call Dak out for forcing it to Dez while he's in coverage and not look for him when he should be able to see that he's open or mismatched? Excuses, excuses, excuses, sick of them. Don't have Dez or Witten now to blame, what's the next excuse, Dak needs more than #2's to pass for more than 1 TD or 200 yards a game for half the season? Can't wait to hear the excuses when he gets paid and gets the Brandon Carr treatment 24/7, not his fault he can't play to his contract, great guy off the field, can you blame him for signing, needs better linemen (yes this will become another excuse), etc.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
BEASLEY will play a large part in that comparison if true..Lol..Williams as well if he is on the Ir or suspended..Meaning that Twills zero tds probly be the same as this season...bahawhawhaw!!
Dez and Witten on the field impacted how other WRs were covered ect. You might as well say Beasley and TWill are new WRs because we have no idea how defenses will play either of them.