The reason why Malik Davis got zero carries when Pollard went down

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coaching staff might not have liked it but Davis is still here and Moore and Peete are elsewhere.
th

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I want to see Zeke in this FB role we're all imagining; Malik, too. He actually may also fit that role.

Big D

Reaction score
Interesting, I had chalked it up to boy wonders play calling. I'd like to find out more about this though. Kinda weird that they were upset about him complaining about being given opportunity and when it arises they withhold it out of spite. In a playoff game? Whose call was that?

alicetooljam

Reaction score
The one play he was in Dak was nearly decapitated. I personally believe it was more about his lack of protection/blocking than anything else.
Thats the play I was referring to earlier in the thread!

Reactions: CWR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly I think it's a waste to not use guys like davis when injuries happen. Zeke and pollard were getting 3 yards or less a carry in a close game. Davis probably should have been given a couple touches before pollard went down and definitely after. Otherwise his roster spot is a waste.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think the issue was him saying why should he work hard if he’s not going to get playing time and that’s the complete wrong way to go about it.
I agree, but if he actually isn't working hard and doing what he's supposed to be doing, they should've dumped him. Why keep a guy that won't work! If he IS doing the work, then PLAY the guy!
What, they thought Zeke was so good they had to keep him in against SF? Ha! He was SOOO good they dumped him this year! Weird!!! We'll see if they're ready to play Malik now. :rolleyes:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree, but if he actually isn't working hard and doing what he's supposed to be doing, they should've dumped him. Why keep a guy that won't work! If he IS doing the work, then PLAY the guy!
What, they thought Zeke was so good they had to keep him in against SF? Ha! He was SOOO good they dumped him this year! Weird!!! We'll see if they're ready to play Malik now. :rolleyes:
I agree and that's why i'm kind of reluctant to believe it. I feel like they would've cut him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly I think it's a waste to not use guys like davis when injuries happen. Zeke and pollard were getting 3 yards or less a carry in a close game. Davis probably should have been given a couple touches before pollard went down and definitely after. Otherwise his roster spot is a waste.
:hammer:

superonyx

Reaction score
That’s why I said if true because it’s hard for me to believe this and it never came out.

But what is the real reason he didn’t get one carry?
Malik Davis only had 38 carries the entire season.
I can appreciate his self belief but I won't pretend we lost that game because 38 carry on the season RB3 didn't get carries.

Davis isnt a pounder. He is a 5 11 200 back.
Let's stop pretending we left Derick Henry on the bench.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Malik Davis only had 38 carries the entire season.
I can appreciate his self belief but I won't pretend we lost that game because 38 carry on the season RB3 didn't get carries.

Davis isnt a pounder. He is a 5 11 200 back.
Let's stop pretending we left Derick Henry on the bench.
No not at all. Chances are we still lose. I’m just more pissed they didn’t use a different back to at least be a change of pace…..