The RKG

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
oh so Garrett was paying Linehan?

which head coach in the NFL or college pays their assistance directly? or do you want me to spell everything out like you do for a 3rd grader so you don't have to do a play on words? is that yoru game when you have no leg to stand on? what are you 10!!! grow up...at least to 13.....

ShiningStar

Reaction score
abandoning the run? please elaborate. this is going to really test your football knowledge and lets see if you can stay up to the task.

ill leave it to you, the day i have to prove anything to you, you know what you need to hear. If you didnt see any game last year, than i can understand your statement, but if you happened to catch any game where the game plan was "ok guys, when teh run game is going good, we are sticking with it"

See the packers game. I made 200 bucks mid game saying "garrett going to lose this"

ShiningStar

Reaction score
which head coach in the NFL or college pays their assistance directly? or do you want me to spell everything out like you do for a 3rd grader so you don't have to do a play on words? is that yoru game when you have no leg to stand on? what are you 10!!! grow up...at least to 13.....

Garrett might have wanted Linehan, he might even have wanted him on the staff, but Linehan would have have been needed if Garrett could stick to the run. He couldnt, so the Cowboys had to dole out money to do what Garrett wouldnt do . Its a simple matter, which is why its going over your head. but we ll leave it to you to go figure it out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't know this off hand, so I ask sincerely: how many head coaches call plays in this league? McCarthy does, right? But Tomlin, or Coughlin, or Harbaugh(s)? It seems like there are a great number of respected head coaches in Garrett's position as the overseer who instills the message, the philosophy and then lets his coordinators coordinate.

I don't see that as a negative for Garrett.

I am in agreement with those who think he's much better not calling plays. He is showing to be quite good in his current role; where as he left a lot to be desired as a play caller in my mind.

Nobody is happier then me with his current role.

We get his hands off the offensive playcalling 1 year and we have 2 potential league MVPs and 1 is a RB which would've never even came close to happening with him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett inherited a team that won 2 NFC East title in 3 years.

His offense was so bad to start the 2010 season that it got Wade fired.

Then we've been forever processing and finally got so many good players and got rid of him as a playcaller so now we can overcome all of his in-game garbage.

Wade got fired because the players quit on him which was a result of Zero discipline.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett might have wanted Linehan, he might even have wanted him on the staff, but Linehan would have have been needed if Garrett could stick to the run. He couldnt, so the Cowboys had to dole out money to do what Garrett wouldnt do . Its a simple matter, which is why its going over your head. but we ll leave it to you to go figure it out.

you mentioned that garrett wouldn't stick to the run. prove it? where is the data? here is your opportunity to show your football intelligence and get some respect otherwise you are a troll

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody is happier then me with his current role.

We get his hands off the offensive playcalling 1 year and we have 2 potential league MVPs and 1 is a RB which would've never even came close to happening with him.

in the meantime garrett as OC and HC posted top 10 offenses 6 out of 8 years....hmmm interesting.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I give him credit for keeping this team focused and not unraveling when something goes bad.

As far as in game coaching it's no coincidence we are much better without him calling plays.

We still had to deal with his crap passing designs but over the last month the coaches have adjusted and finally started exposing teams over the middle of the field after years of just simply not adjusting to teams who load the box and press us out wide.

It's been nice watching us not have to rely on Romo to make plays outside of the scheme in order for us to win.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

ShiningStar

Reaction score
you mentioned that garrett wouldn't stick to the run. prove it? where is the data? here is your opportunity to show your football intelligence and get some respect otherwise you are a troll

respect from who, what do i care of it. If you cant see teh games where we lost due to garrett abandoning the run, than why do i have to prove it to you? Who are you to declare to me what i have to do. your respect means nothing to me. you barely mean anything to me. go watch some games and see what was going on. Numbers cant help you with every situation no matter how hard people need them to think. Garrett saw teh run game working and went to the pass, Bad move. Linehan comes in, sticks to the run, and guess where we are? Do you need numbers, 8-8 8-8 8-8 All Garrett. 12-4 Demarco, many of whom were writing off, dare we forget, "Demarco is running to darkness" and now, who is one of the best runners in the league? Lesean McCoy this year? No, The guy some of us beleived in regardless of numbers. The guy who Garrett ahs been staring at and still said "screw the run, we are passing" Thank you, theres some numbers and facts for you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
respect from who, what do i care of it. If you cant see teh games where we lost due to garrett abandoning the run, than why do i have to prove it to you? Who are you to declare to me what i have to do. your respect means nothing to me. you barely mean anything to me. go watch some games and see what was going on. Numbers cant help you with every situation no matter how hard people need them to think. Garrett saw teh run game working and went to the pass, Bad move. Linehan comes in, sticks to the run, and guess where we are? Do you need numbers, 8-8 8-8 8-8 All Garrett. 12-4 Demarco, many of whom were writing off, dare we forget, "Demarco is running to darkness" and now, who is one of the best runners in the league? Lesean McCoy this year? No, The guy some of us beleived in regardless of numbers. The guy who Garrett ahs been staring at and still said "screw the run, we are passing" Thank you, theres some numbers and facts for you.

how did garrett abandon the run? the cowboys run/pass percentage on first down was 51-49% over the years that garrett has been the OC and HC for an average of 3.7 yards per carry (excluding 2014)..league average is about the same.....how did garrett abandon the run?

I did watch the games...unlike you who was half drunk listening to the announcers

btw, garrett had Callahan as OC first part of last year....

you are an amateur fan with limited knowledge of football.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
in the meantime garrett as OC and HC posted top 10 offenses 6 out of 8 years....hmmm interesting.

And Mike Zimmers defenses used to be ranked in the top 3 every year even though they sucked.

Screw the stats. Most of our success was because of how good Romo is.

It took years but Jerry finally identified that problem and we have profited this year.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
how did garrett abandon the run? the cowboys run/pass percentage on first down was 51-49% over the years that garrett has been the OC and HC for an average of 3.7 yards per carry (excluding 2014)..league average is about the same.....how did garrett abandon the run?

I did watch the games...unlike you who was half drunk listening to the announcers

do teh insults make you feel better? or is a popularity contest you get away with? serious? are you so threatened by conversation? Wow.

rcaldw

Reaction score
And Mike Zimmers defenses used to be ranked in the top 3 every year even though they sucked.

It took years but Jerry finally identified that problem and we have profited this year.

lol, and YOU would have fixed the offense a long time ago too. That's all I need to know.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Not only did Garrett abandon the run in games he didn't mix up the run plays at all.

He tried to cram everything straight between the tackles.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

ok, now you got yours shorts tied in a nut....you are losing the argument you began and now, lets throw stats out of the door. because it proves you wrong.

now you want to do the gossipy, national enquirer approach to football knowledge. btw, garrett asked to hire linehan...jerry approved....you even lose that argument.

pick up a couple of books on football from the library. they are free. read a little. educate yourself. then you won't be as frustrated and confused as you are.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol, and YOU would have fixed the offense a long time ago too. That's all I need to know.

I guess so... It seems like the things myself and others have begged for they are finally doing and we are basically unstoppable.

Still not enough quick bubble screen passes to the wide out but at least we're doing it now.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

teh offesne was fixed. why do you think we have a better line? and for a strong point, so many were saying Dallas would have to put up big scores to win games, and that wasnt what happneed often. So that has to be taken into account. The offensive line was upgrated which meant the offense was fixed. It just dindt have to rely on Romo playing from behind more often and not, and gave us a few more decisive wins instead of shoot outs. Frankly im happy with the changes on offense. and sticking to the run at times it needed to.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ok, now you got yours shorts tied in a nut....you are losing the argument you began and now, lets throw stats out of the door. because it proves you wrong.

now you want to do the gossipy, national enquirer approach to football knowledge. btw, garrett asked to hire linehan...jerry approved....you even lose that argument.

pick up a couple of books on football from the library. they are free. read a little. educate yourself. then you won't be as frustrated and confused as you are.

wow, you are after everyone, and here i was thinking im special.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I guess so... It seems like the things myself and others have begged for they are finally doing and we are basically unstoppable.

Still not enough quick bubble screen passes to the wide out but at least we're doing it now.

:) K