READ IT The Sean Payton might one day coach the Cowboys Mega Rumor Thread

Sydla

Reaction score
What has Payton done to convince me he is a better option than JG..... nothing.

He's won a SB and he's made two NFC Title games.

Payton is no Bill Belichick but for people to argue that he is an equal of Garrett or Garrett is actually better is laughable. Homerism knows no bounds I guess.

This is all moot anyway, we are stuck with Garrett and there's no chance Payton coaches here any time soon. But it's hilarious how far the pro-Garrett crowd will go to prop up their boy.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
OP is correct, there is no way SP comes to Dallas, this year or the next. it's simply not happening. We have clap, JJ loves him, and he win's just enough to keep his job year to year. Peyton ain't moving and neither is clapper. has the draft started yet????

Rajveer

Reaction score
It's all about the ratings on these talk shows and any Cowboys news shoots the ratings up. Just another arrow in the dark. Though, I wouldn't mind if these rumors come true.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
JG should have never been pulled from play calling IMO.

He should've never been the playcaller to begin with.

He was terrible at it and he stood on the shoulders of Tony Romo for every last drop of success his offenses had.

Rajveer

Reaction score
So with Drew Brees the last 2 seasons with a great running game and great defense Sean cant get it done; what do you think he is going to do with Dak a good running game and a great defense?

Im sorry folks but Cowboys fans are so illogical. Why would you want a coach that has more talent were he currently is and cant win it all? Of course all of this is click bait but still.
Are you absolutely sure they are more talented than us? Maybe we have all the talent we need to get it done but don't have the coaching to take it to the next level. See what Kris Richard did this season? Maybe we need a change on the offensive side of things as well as the HC position to figure out the talent level on this team. We have been drafting well for years, but no results to show for unless you are content in just winning the east.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not a disrespect to the Cowboys, but this just doesn’t make any sense to me. Leave a HoF QB and a team/city you built with a culture and a trophy that eternally has your name on it. They’ve already shown they won’t fire him when the team is losing... why leave that?

But then again Holmgren did exactly the same thing in the late 90’s so who knows.

CWR

Reaction score
Not a disrespect to the Cowboys, but this just doesn’t make any sense to me. Leave a HoF QB and a team/city you built with a culture and a trophy that eternally has your name on it. They’ve already shown they won’t fire him when the team is losing... why leave that?

But then again Holmgren did exactly the same thing in the late 90’s so who knows.

It only makes sense with Brees retiring.

skinsscalper

Reaction score

I get what you're saying but the same could be said for Parcells. Hell, he walked away from a team after leading them to the big dance.

Coaches leave teams for a multitude of reasons. Ego is certainly one of them. Sometimes they just want to prove that they can do it somewhere else, too.

With that being said I'm not part of the ridiculous contingent that thinks Payton is riding in here on his white horse to save the horrible Dallas Cowboys.................this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what you're saying but the same could be said for Parcells. Hell, he walked away from a team after leading them to the big dance.

Coaches leave teams for a multitude of reasons. Ego is certainly one of them. Sometimes they just want to prove that they can do it somewhere else, too.

With that being said I'm not part of the ridiculous contingent that thinks Payton is riding in here on his white horse to save the horrible Dallas Cowboys.................this year.

Parcells actually retired though due to health issues (heart). He didn't leave to go to another team. He sat out 2 full seasons before he "unretired".

Big_D

Reaction score
He's won a SB and he's made two NFC Title games.

Payton is no Bill Belichick but for people to argue that he is an equal of Garrett or Garrett is actually better is laughable. Homerism knows no bounds I guess.

This is all moot anyway, we are stuck with Garrett and there's no chance Payton coaches here any time soon. But it's hilarious how far the pro-Garrett crowd will go to prop up their boy.

Like Payton isn't light years better than this garbage. Mind numbing stuff from fans who don't really care about playoff football. They rather brag about Garretts regular season win percentage. 9 years of flat out unispiring football. A team with no balls that exudes zero confidence come January. Unbelievable that some still actually defend this??

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And the other factor is he has almost total control in New Orleans, and he would not in Dallas.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
And the other factor is he has almost total control in New Orleans, and he would not in Dallas.

That's the reason Holmgren left, for power over Seattle's moves. All the more reason Sean stays I think. Stay on the team you personally built into a powerhouse or go to a team someone else built that's not quite as good and you'll have much less voice in improving it.