READ IT The Sean Payton might one day coach the Cowboys Mega Rumor Thread

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Okay Vince Lombardi who do you want us to get? Who is your pipe dream?
We have JG; I'm good with him. If we are going to let him go then up grade. Clearly by the facts Sean is not an up grade.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Brady
Montana
Manning
Elway

Who is Brees better than on this list? I need a good laugh.
Arguably he could be better than all of them. Arguably means to be in the argument. Brees has the all time numbers to be in the argument. If he had a better coach that just wasn't along for the Drew Brees ride then maybe there are even more trophies to add to the argument

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Arguably he could be better than all of them. Arguably means to be in the argument. Brees has the all time numbers to be in the argument. If he had a better coach that just wasn't along for the Drew Brees ride then maybe there are even more trophies to add to the argument
Oh so numbers >>> accolades right?

So how is it that an “arguable greatest qb of all time”, never won an MVP and was only all pro first team once?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Oh so numbers >>> accolades right?

So how is it that an “arguable greatest qb of all time”, never won an MVP and was only all pro first team once?
Stop trying to be right. He has some of the best numbers of all time at the QB position. Dont be that guy.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Because he has a knack for developing quarterbacks. And heck, its not like Belicheat and Andy Reid are available...
Besides Romo who has he developed? His scheme is more valuable to the QB success than his QB development has been.

Reaction score
3 losing season with arguably the greatest QB of all time. Dont believe the hype. The media has you.
You can ask 100 objective NFL observers, players, etc and 100 of them will tell you Payton is a far better coach than Payton.

But I'm supposed to believe you over them? :laugh:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If Payton is hired, he will certainly hire most of the coaches. He might keep a few like Richard, but a guy with his resume won't come here and let Jerry hire all of his coaches. My guess is most of the current offensive coaches would be let go.
I agree. I think Payton will want control over bringing in the offensive coaches but perhaps he will allow Richards to control the defense.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You can ask 100 objective NFL observers, players, etc and 100 of them will tell you Payton is a far better coach than Payton.

But I'm supposed to believe you over them? :laugh:
You can believe what you want. Five 7-9 seasons with one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game. Only one Superbowl with said QB. The question is what has he done to make you believe he can do more with less in Dallas? Even if the media has you and you think he is truly better than JG. What has he done to make you believe that he could have lost Tony and went 13-3 with a rookie Dak.....he could have lost his best player Zeke for 6 games and went 9-7....lost his #1 WR and All time great TE and turned around a 3-5 season into a playoff birth? ALL the facts suggest the exact opposite and that is despite him never having to play with out Brees.

Little Jr

Reaction score
We have JG; I'm good with him. If we are going to let him go then up grade. Clearly by the facts Sean is not an up grade.
I'm with you on arguing that Payton isn't great but he is a upgrade over JG.

Since JG been a HC Payton is 76-52 and JG 72-56. Payton been to the play-offs 4 of the 8 years with a 4-4 record and JG has been 3 of the 8 with a 2-3 record. Again, a slight edge.

The past 3 years JG has done it with a far less QB but Payton offensive scheme has as much to do with Breese being great as anything. He was a good QB with SD but went to another level in Paytons scheme. That's why I give Payton an edge over JG. He's more creative in his offense and will run a offense that is built for Dak skill set. Where jg tries to run a old age offense with a qb with new age skills.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So Landry doesnt get credit for his Super Bowl wins because of Roger Staubach? Ya.....ok.
Come on man. Landry changed the game both offensively and defensively and won 2 Superbowls with a great QB. Get off this trying to be right thing. Sean sucked and ALL the facts prove it.