***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wow...watching that 2nd link.....no one.....NO ONE cane tell me the ball hit the ground.

I keep saying this and that just proved it. His arm is underneath..cupped in his hand. The ball pops up from his shoulder pad. It *may* have touched the ground.....but you can't say it with any more certainty than what i just said.

Im amazed people are just ok with the narrative that the ball hit the ground....you cant see that.

It's official, you are blind. That or you don't know what under means. His arm is to the side of the ball. He had a few fingers under the front tip, but that was the highest point of the ball. The wider part of the ball extends below his arm.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
'Don't put yourselves in a position where a referee's call can cost you the game.' It's good advice. We should expect a team that understands and honors that. To their credit, with the exception of Dez (and I don't blame Dez for it), that's pretty much exactly what we did.
I really hope we don't end up whining half as much as Detroit did after their QB threw a ball into a defenders back last week.

I like what the Detriot QB said after they had to accept their bad call last week..

that the call didn't cause them to lose the game.

That they still had a chance to win even with the questionable call.

We had our chances, too.

We missed FGs and we were unable to add to our lead after we scored 21 points and nobody in their right mind thought 3 TDs would be enough.

We got very conservative and took way too long to get to Dez.

This also happened in all the other games this season where we lost.

Dez disappeared and we didn't end up with enough points to win.

Happened again yesterday.

So what do you do to change that.?

You get Dez involved much earlier and design plays to move him into the slot earlier.

Not doom it by just doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

We have to also see what WE did wrong and not just what went wrong.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Should have never been in the situation.

We need to start pointing the fingers at the Cowboys.

Your right the Cowboys lost that game. But They were placed in a position to win it but the refs took that away. Sure it may not be the winning TD. But let these guys play football and see the best team really is. That was a catch and it hindered us from getting into the position of winning the game. It was a costly decision and the NFL should pay for the consequences that they have inflicted on the Cowboys nation.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like what the Detriot QB said after they had to accept their bad call last week..

that the call didn't cause them to lose the game.

That they still had a chance to win even with the questionable call.

We had our chances, too.

We missed FGs and we were unable to add to our lead after we scored 21 points and nobody in their right mind thought 3 TDs would be enough.

We got very conservative and took way too long to get to Dez.

This also happened in all the other games this season where we lost.

Dez disappeared and we didn't end up with enough points to win.

Happened again yesterday.

So what do you do to change that.?

You get Dez involved much earlier and design plays to move him into the slot earlier.

Not doom it by just doing the same thing over and over and expects a different result.

You get a better pass rush.

loublue22

Reaction score

gbrittain

Reaction score
People have suggested that it doesn't matter if the ball comes loose, if it is not the ground itself that causes it. I say it doesn't matter, if the ball hits the ground and at some point after that comes loose before the process is complete, then it's an incomplete pass. But I don't think any of that is relevant to this play because it was a catch before the going to the ground rule would come into play.

Agreed. Thanks for your clarification.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I didn't buy is interpretation one bit. I'm into sales and I know when someone is lying. He is lying. He is paid to say what he said. So what Mark Pereira. They are nothing more than paid witnesses during a case that will testify for the verdict and nothing else.

The entire NFL should be ashamed on what has transpired. Sure its okay to hate the Cowboys. But to take away one of the greatest catches in playoff history and turn it into a controversy like this is nothing more than shooting themselves in the foot.

I do blame the Cowboys for losing the game. It shouldn't have been like this. However, I blame the entire Dez catch thing on the NFL. Dallas was cheated out of a chance to win it. The entire NFL also was cheated out of one of the greatest clutch catches in NFL history and thats to me is a shame.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
It is not about the ball hitting the ground...total red herring.

He had the ball in his right hand switched to his left, dug his left foot into the ground to the point of creating a massive chunk of grass flying into the air and extended his arms trying to score. If that is not at least one football much much less three football moves then Dez is no more athletic than Peewee Herman.

But we are told he couldn't have done any of that or that we shouldn't care because he "continued to fall" for 15 feet even though his feet were on the ground and he was doing all sorts of stuff with his feet on the ground. The referees tortured definition of falling led to this along with there insistence that nothing mattered until this epic fall reached it's dramatic conclusion. I am eagerly awaiting a view that shows the ball touching the ground and not under control. I am sure they have it probably got misplaced next to the Ray Rice video they never saw.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
So bspn and some other media people said that Dez's best move would have been to just catch it and go to the ground and live for another down because it would have been a catch. I don't understand how it would be a catch if he just goes down but since he lunged it's not a catch. Am I missing something or is the rule just that messed up?

Yeah it was the football move that made it not a catch. Makes perfect sense

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Your right the Cowboys lost that game. But They were placed in a position to win it but the refs took that away. Sure it may not be the winning TD. But let these guys play football and see the best team really is. That was a catch and it hindered us from getting into the position of winning the game. It was a costly decision and the NFL should pay for the consequences that they have inflicted on the Cowboys nation.

The Detroit Lions fans are laughing at us. They said almost exactly the same thing last week.
Bad calls are a part of the game. And they will always be a part of the game because refs are humans and humans come with their own interpretations and humans make mistakes.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Blandino, next week: "So, uh, Jerr -- I can still party with you, right?"

TommyBoy21

Reaction score
The entire rule needs to be changed and simplified.

Wording like "football move" and "a move common to the game" only add ambiguity. So instead of the players determining the game, the referees gain control through their interpretations of the rule.

loublue22

Reaction score

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The Detroit Lions fans are laughing at us. They said almost exactly the same thing last week.
Bad calls are a part of the game. And they will always be a part of the game because refs are humans and humans come with their own interpretations and humans make mistakes.

It's fascinating that this call took instant replaying overturning a play everyone thought was good.

Last week, the issue seemed to be primarily the fact there was no replay and the referees couldn't agree on what they saw.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Don't worry. The bad calls will continue. The NFL and that moron Blandino are under the spotlight. They have called it both ways for so long that there are examples of their hypocrisy and they will be called out for it. Bottom line: Jerry should stay as far away from refs and Blandino and his crooked crew. Blandino knew it was the wrong call but he was not man enough to make the call. He just didn't want to get raked over the coals for being on the party bus. He just couldn't subject himself to more scrutiny.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Yeah it was the football move that made it not a catch. Makes perfect sense

And then, when we fail to score in four plays form the 6, the talking heads: "If Dez had shown more effort on his catch and tried to score instead of go down immediately, the Cowboys score and win the game."

tyke1doe

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...309501/GameDay-Chargers-vs-Bengals-highlights

the Gresham play at 2:00

you cannot excuse a mistake when replay is involved

It doesn't matter. The same attitude embraced by the Cowboys fans this week were embraced by the Lions fans last week.
Fans are fans. They ALWAYS think calls are against them because of bias. They always feel they're getting the bad end of calls.
It's quite amusing that this situation is almost the exact reversal of last week's situation.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The entire rule needs to be changed and simplified.

Wording like "football move" and "a move common to the game" only add ambiguity. So instead of the players determining the game, the referees gain control through their interpretations of the rule.

Sigh. Ever wonder why they write rules like that? It gives the refs and the NFL the ability to influence the outcome of close games. They aren't incompetent. They are lawyers out on the field of play.