***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
'Don't put yourselves in a position where a referee's call can cost you the game.' It's good advice. We should expect a team that understands and honors that. To their credit, with the exception of Dez (and I don't blame Dez for it), that's pretty much exactly what we did.
I really hope we don't end up whining half as much as Detroit did after their QB threw a ball into a defenders back last week.

we need a true vent thread

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
'Don't put yourselves in a position where a referee's call can cost you the game.' It's good advice. We should expect a team that understands and honors that. To their credit, with the exception of Dez (and I don't blame Dez for it), that's pretty much exactly what we did.
I really hope we don't end up whining half as much as Detroit did after their QB threw a ball into a defenders back last week.

Even with the catch, I'm not convinced we win. But it was a spectacular play, and one that goes down in the annals as one of the best Cowboy playoff plays of all-time. Except now it doesn't even exist. For that, I feel completely robbed.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
10917848_1018650824817932_8894611889191357089_n.jpg

It looks like the ball contacts the ground but Dez maintains control of it until he flips over

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Even with the catch, I'm not convinced we win. But it was a spectacular play, and one that goes down in the annals as one of the best Cowboy playoff plays of all-time. Except now it doesn't even exist. For that, I feel completely robbed.

Exactly. I don't think we would have stopped them. They had plenty of time and had started exploiting our defense. I just wish we could have found out though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we need a true vent thread

Yeah. I'm sure there were be several to pick from this week. I said in the game and post game threads that those were going to be my personal vent threads. Now I"m past it. I still think the call was historically bad, though.

I agree. Depending how many runs it took us to get that ball in the end zone from the 1. I don't like our chances stoping Rodgers from getting a FG with three minutes left in that environment. And there wasn't really enough time for them to have a drive and for us to counter. Even with the TD it's better than even money in my book that we lose the game. But the odds are a lot better. Maybe if we'd been able to stop them on the game's final drive I'd feel better about that.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
10917848_1018650824817932_8894611889191357089_n.jpg

It looks like the ball contacts the ground but Dez maintains control of it until he flips over

Great shot. I don't know how you can reverse a call and say there was indisputable evidence that the ball made contact with the ground while not being possessed.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sure there were be several to pick from this week. I said in the game and post game threads that those were going to be my personal vent threads. Now I"m past it. I still think the call was historically bad, though.

I agree. Depending how many runs it took us to get that ball in the end zone from the 1. I don't like our chances stoping Rodgers from getting a FG with three minutes left in that environment. And there wasn't really enough time for them to have a drive and for us to counter. Even with the TD it's better than even money in my book that we lose the game. But the odds are a lot better. Maybe if we'd been able to stop them on the game's final drive I'd feel better about that.

I get over it and then more Evidence (As if we need any,) surfaces of how lame the Zebras are. I'm going to order Zebra burgers everywhere I go....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great shot. I don't know how you can reverse a call and say there was indisputable evidence that the ball made contact with the ground while not being possessed.

He reached forward for the goal line. That's all the officials needed to see to know that great catch should not have been negated. This business about him 'not making enough of a football move' was crazy-talk.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The rule was applied as it has been since they jobbed the Calvin catch.

The biggest problem with the rule is that falling to the ground shouldn't even be a part of this rule.

Diving and sliding where you cannot otherwise get two feet down, sure. That makes sense. If you lay out for a pass and never come down on your feet, you have to force the whole "complete the process" stuff.

Having a guy jump, land and then fall basically extends the process for some indefinite period of time.

It seems like this rule was written for one circumstance and ever since the Calvin play it has been broadened to include plays that have no business being included.

Sucks for sure and it was a huge call that nobody in their right mind should feel good about.

I asked a friend, "so this is how playoff games are going to be decided"?

The call is consistent with other calls so I don't see the conspiracy. It's just an awfully applied rule that needs serious reconsideration.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get over it and then more Evidence (As if we need any,) surfaces of how lame the Zebras are. I'm going to order Zebra burgers everywhere I go....

I feel ya, brother.

Garrett does have it right, though. We had three hours' worth of football to win the game. We didn't. I'm reserving my anger for the Murray fumble now. Then the Hanna recovery muff.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I feel ya, brother.

Garrett does have it right, though. We had three hours' worth of football to win the game. We didn't. I'm reserving my anger for the Murray fumble now. Then the Hanna recovery muff.

I'm going to have that shot of nothing but green to the end zone through that huge hole they opened for him etched into my brain for a long long time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rule was applied as it has been since they jobbed the Calvin catch.

The biggest problem with the rule is that falling to the ground shouldn't even be a part of this rule.

Diving and sliding where you cannot otherwise get two feet down, sure. That makes sense. If you lay out for a pass and never come down on your feet, you have to force the whole "complete the process" stuff.

Having a guy jump, land and then fall basically extends the process for some indefinite period of time.

It seems like this rule was written for one circumstance and ever since the Calvin play it has been broadened to include plays that have no business being included.

Sucks for sure and it was a huge call that nobody in their right mind should feel good about.

I asked a friend, "so this is how playoff games are going to be decided"?

The call is consistent with other calls so I don't see the conspiracy. It's just an awfully applied rule that needs serious reconsideration.

There's zero conspiracy, I agree. I think it's really hard to dispute that Dez didn't both control the ball and try to advance it towards the goal line, though, which is why I have a hard time with the interpretation of that replay. It's obvious that he did.

But then, I also thought the Packers trapped that ball on the other side of the field. Both calls were reviewed and neither went our way. So we had to make it up elsewhere, and we couldn't today.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to have that shot of nothing but green to the end zone through that huge hole they opened for him etched into my brain for a long long time.

Have you seen a still or a vine of that play? I've been looking for whether or not Murray was swinging around a loaf of bread or not, and I can't find it.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
He reached forward for the goal line. That's all the officials needed to see to know that great catch should not have been negated. This business about him 'not making enough of a football move' was crazy-talk.

Mike Pereira and Gene Steratore are the types when explaining their affairs to say, "It barely went in." Dez didn't "make enough of a football move" my heiny.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
No guys. The ball definitely hits the ground.

Where the ONLY controversy is the "football move" or whatever they're calling it now.

All in all, it's done. No use complaining now.

Everybody and their mom is going to agree it's a terrible rule, but it is the rule.

loublue22

Reaction score
yes it did, it clearly hit the ground and there have been many pictures and video to prove it

we have actual, legitimate complaints, let's not get bogged down in the untrue

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Have you seen a still or a vine of that play? I've been looking for whether or not Murray was swinging around a loaf of bread or not, and I can't find it.

I haven't seen anything since the game. I'm avoiding "highlights" like the plague right now. I want to say, just based on memory, that he pulled the ball up closer to his chest as he was going through the hole and it just got poked out. It wasn't completely secured, but I don't think he was swinging it around away from his body.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I can't bring myself to watch NFLN, gifs anything and you guys just keep torturing yourselves. It sucks big time but it is what it is NO CATCH. We lost its over and it sucks. Kudos to u guys but for me it was a helluva ride and I'm salivating to do it again but for now it's over.