The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

glimmerman

Reaction score
Zeke and his team should’ve had this handled. This has gone much further than it should’ve.
I assumed they did. Apparently Elliot was just that brash to let it go. Figured he told him sorry again with a 10k check in his apology card from hallmark.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Yes, I do. From the get go all he said he wanted was a sincere apology which Zeke never gave. Let me ask you, what would you do if someone twice your size knocked you over?

Everyone is going to handle it differently. Just because the kid is suing and Zeke happens to have a lot of money doesn’t mean it’s all about cash. Are rich people supposed to be immune from being sued?

First of all, Zeke did apologize, and 2 months later it wasn't sincere enough.

Secondly if the situation happened to me I would assess the situation to determine if it warrented me addressing right then with retaliation and that assessment would have been to let it go since I am pretty certain I couldn't take Zeke. I wouldn't ***** and complain about an apology afterwards, and I definitely wouldn't sue... I make my own money... I do it well, and I do not take hand outs or seek other people's money.

Finally, rich people aren't immune to getting sued, they are the most likely to get sued.

aria

Reaction score
I would love to know the whole story. The guard seemed to leave it open when he said he apologized but never looked him in the eyes and he only wanted a sincere apology. Seems that Elliot only apologized that one time. Also looks like the guard got a lawyer and turned it over to him. It’s on now.
Meh, I can understand the apology thing if it went down as the guy portrayed it. If someone is walking away and mumbles “sorry” or their shoulder that’s not an apology.

The lawyer thing...I personally think this will all disappear. Whether Zeke settles out of court or it’s determined there’s not enough there...it won’t end up being a big deal IMO.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Secondly if the situation happened to me I would assess the situation to determine if it warrented me addressing right then with retaliation and that assessment would have been to let it go since I am pretty certain I couldn't take Zeke. I wouldn't ***** and complain about an apology afterwards, and I definitely wouldn't sue... I make my own money... I do it well, and I do not take hand outs or seek other people's money.

Finally, rich people aren't immune to getting sued, they are the most likely to get sued.
This kid is setting himself up for a debt larger than going to a community college - which is what he should have gone to and owed instead.

aria

Reaction score
What is he possibly suing for mental anguish??? We know he wasn't physically harmed because they stayed that after the incident. You can't sue just because the incident happened, you have to have suffered some type of irreparable harm.
So are you saying I can go around pushing people over without any fear of repercussions or breaking any laws as long as no one suffers physical or mental anguish? Do you think that’s acceptable behavior and should go unpunished?

aria

Reaction score
This kid is setting himself up for a debt larger than going to a community college - which is what he should have gone to and owed instead.
I did wonder about that unless it’s pro bono or some lawyer convinced him he has a slam dunk win.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
This probably wouldn’t have happened if Zeke just apologized to the kid like he wanted him to.

That said, I don’t see any reason why the league would change course and suddenly suspend Zeke now.
he can change his mind and do whatever he wants.
It depends on what happens in the media, and with the case.
This guy saying league swept it under the rug, is exactly the thing the nfl wants to avoid image wise.
he is beyond capricious but he already knows what happened. This panty waist filing by that loser changes nothing.

Corso

Reaction score
So are you saying I can go around pushing people over without any fear of repercussions or breaking any laws as long as no one suffers physical or mental anguish? Do you think that’s acceptable behavior and should go unpunished?
You know... I write a character that does exactly that and I whine, constantly, to my co's that the main guy can't get away with what he does, legally, and they always set me straight.
I wish I could say what they say that sets me straight, but they are right.
We are witnessing it right in front of our faces.

Of course we are also witnessing that consequences can still fall upon your neck, even if decades later, but I deal in the present!

Corso

Reaction score
I did wonder about that unless it’s pro bono or some lawyer convinced him he has a slam dunk win.
Every lawyer (especially the sleazy ones) will call a win.
Pro Bono? That will go public in less than a heartbeat.

slick325

Reaction score
The problem could be something we dont see. Do you know for a fact this kid is not getting teased/ harassed over the incident? The video was pretty bad and we only guess all of whats said. Do we know if Zeke promised he would take care of kid or do something ... then blow off the lil guy ? Since its, not NFL/Goodell doing the investigation it should be interesting. As minor as it was ..... a person like Zeke needs to grow up. Kids younger then he don't get the Oh he is young as an excuse.

I was strictly thinking from a legal perspective. I agree that Zeke needs to keep himself out of those situations regardless of what is said and sometimes done.

Couldn't care less if the kid was being teased or if Zeke promised him anything. He flip flopped on pressing charges and that is something a high paid power attorney will have a field day with should it go to court. Will be interesting to see what the prosecutor's office decides once the police hand the matter over to them for review.

aria

Reaction score

He said it wasn’t sincere enough from day one and said since day one all he wanted was a sincere apology, he didn’t wait until two months later.

That’s a respectable answer. Personally, I would have taken my chances with Zeke and then this entire incident would have a lot more attention and probably would have got Zeke a suspension. First of all, I don’t think Zeke would have done that to someone bigger than him but can you imagine what would have happened if he did, or even if this guy got up and started attacking Zeke (even if he lost)? What if it turned into an all out brawl, from what you saw, who would have been accused of starting it by putting their hand on someone else? Zeke got very lucky the kid reacted the way he did, one of these days he may not be so lucky.

If rich people are the most likely to get sued, which I agree with, then this is another classic example of Zeke’s lack of intelligence. I’ll say this, with all the talk I’ve done about what I would so if someone put their hands on me...if I was a millionaire I’m sure my reaction would be much different, as po’d as I would be I would walk away because I’d know that my reaction could cost me a lot of money even if I was right.

Edit: back to my main point that you called stupid, if this kid genuinely thought he was wronged didn’t get the apology that he asked for and then the NFL didn’t do anything I could see why he decided to sue now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Then why would you do it?! I'm just an innocent boy... looking at the world with wide eyes and a heart filled with optimism.
And then you walk in with murder-shake...
CHOCOLATE MURDER-SHAKE!!! The most insidious of all murder-shakes.

You just made me lose the last vestiges of my innocence... LOL.
Trust me, I'm in far too much like of my LARGE chocolate milkshake to do that with it. I have something else I keep concealed to fend off the likes of you. :D

Techsass

Reaction score
The extortion attempt. Just the concept of an nfl player being brought to court is a bad PR look for the league.
Is it? Really?
My Dad was very into everybody acting their age (not just me), but he always had that grin whenever a player did something that showed what a badass he really was.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It’s called being objective. I have no idea what the kid is thinking and neither do you. There’s absolutely no way in hell he could have ever sued without being accused of it being all about money.

Yeah, that’s because when someone sues, it IS about money. Imagine that!

aria

Reaction score
You know... I write a character that does exactly that and I whine, constantly, to my co's that the main guy can't get away with what he does, legally, and they always set me straight.
I wish I could say what they say that sets me straight, but they are right.
We are witnessing it right in front of our faces.

Of course we are also witnessing that consequences can still fall upon your neck, even if decades later, but I deal in the present!
As a history major, I like to look at the past and there’s plenty there to see. It helps me understand why a lot of people and cultures think the way they do, perhaps some people wouldn’t be so judgmental if they understood this as well.

The past can also be an indicator of the future and some people can either learn from it or ignore it, so far Zeke falls under the latter. Not saying he can’t change, lots of us do/have changed, but he certainly hasn’t given me any reasons to be optimistic.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You really believe that his little feelings got hurt and he expected the NFL to protect him by punishing Zeke for him. But since they didn't, he better take matters unto his ien hands. Oh and find good measure let Zeke know had his daddy been around he would have beat him up. This is nothing more than a money grab. They were just waiting for the NFL to give them more leverage in court but it didn't happen so they came out with the statement they did.

^This.