The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

Plumfool

Reaction score
As a history major, I like to look at the past and there’s plenty there to see. It helps me understand why a lot of people and cultures think the way they do, perhaps some people wouldn’t be so judgmental if they understood this as well.

The past can also be an indicator of the future and some people can either learn from it or ignore it, so far Zeke falls under the latter. Not saying he can’t change, lots of us do/have changed, but he certainly hasn’t given me any reasons to be optimistic.

Interesting. You say you’re objective. However your comments show the complete opposite.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
So are you saying I can go around pushing people over without any fear of repercussions or breaking any laws as long as no one suffers physical or mental anguish? Do you think that’s acceptable behavior and should go unpunished?
More trouble for Zeke?
Looks like Christmas came early for special little ole you!
:p

aria

Reaction score
99 times out of 100, YES! Unless there’s actual physical damage to a person. That’s a completely different story, although they’re still seeking money.
That’s true but unfortunately our legal system sucks and when the law fails, what else can you sue for? If I had an option, depending on the case, I would like to sue and have the person do hard labor and eat three bologna sandwiches a day for 5 years or be labeled as a pedophile and put in general population at one of the most violent prisons for a week but unfortunately those aren’t options so that leaves money. That doesn’t mean that’s why I’m suing though.

I also believe there’s mental torment, unfair work practices, breech of contracts, services not rendered, etc so there are plenty of justifiable reasons to sue and unfortunately a lot of it is going to come down to money because there aren’t many other alternatives.

aria

Reaction score
Interesting. You say you’re objective. However your comments show the complete opposite.
Jesus, I feel like I have to hold hands sometimes when having a discussion.

That’s fine you feel that way but can you please elaborate and provide examples?

cern

Reaction score
Huh? I just don’t understand that if he were out for the money then why didn’t he press charges initially? So coincidentally, an attorney came along months after the incident and after it was revealed Zeke wouldn’t be punished that he decided to go for the money grab when he’s said all along he just wanted a sincere apology? Doesn’t make much sense.
Probably hoping the NFL would suspend zeke, further butressing his case. Make sense now?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Probably hoping the NFL would suspend zeke, further butressing his case. Make sense now?

So very true. Civil cases often use criminal proceedings to bolster their chances of succeeding. The same could be said of any punishment that could have been meted out by the NFL. It just makes the subsequent civil suit look better if there’s already been punishment for the actions that are at the heart of the suit.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s possible, I never said it wasn’t but why is that the only reason according to 95% of the comments here? Why isn’t it just as possible he felt wronged, all he wanted was an apology and when he didn’t get that he was hoping the NFL would punish him and when that didn’t happen is when he decided to sue?

This scenario is hardly out of the norm and it doesn’t mean everyone is out for money.

aria

Reaction score
So very true. Civil cases often use criminal proceedings to bolster their chances of succeeding. The same could be said of any punishment that could have been meted out by the NFL. It just makes the subsequent civil suit look better if there’s already been punishment for the actions that are at the heart of the suit.
That’s true but if he sued right after it happened he would still be accused of suing for money and instead of the justification being he was waiting for the NFL to punish Zeke to help his case it would be “he wanted to sue Zeke immediately in hopes Zeke would pay him off so it would be less of a potential issue with the NFL”.

I’m not saying he isn’t suing specifically for money, I don’t know, but there is no point in time this guy could have sued without every Cowboy fan accusing him of going after money specifically. No matter what, this guy will be accused of trying to get money.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s possible, I never said it wasn’t but why is that the only reason according to 95% of the comments here? Why isn’t it just as possible he felt wronged, all he wanted was an apology and when he didn’t get that he was hoping the NFL would punish him and when that didn’t happen is when he decided to sue?

This scenario is hardly out of the norm and it doesn’t mean everyone is out for money.

Unfortunately this is the 21st century and not the 19th century. It’s a sad commentary on society, but yes, it is out of the norm today. It’s big time out of the norm. I suppose my former career tainted my view of society, but that doesn’t make it less accurate. He’s a young guy wanting to cash in. Why in the hell would he go through all this trouble and ridicule because his feelings got hurt? Just not realistic. Had he suffered a severe injury, then it would’ve been a far different story. He would’ve been justified seeking justice/revenge and monetary compensation and he wouldn’t have waited.

cern

Reaction score
As a history major, I like to look at the past and there’s plenty there to see. It helps me understand why a lot of people and cultures think the way they do, perhaps some people wouldn’t be so judgmental if they understood this as well.

The past can also be an indicator of the future and some people can either learn from it or ignore it, so far Zeke falls under the latter. Not saying he can’t change, lots of us do/have changed, but he certainly hasn’t given me any reasons to be optimistic.
Do you really see this as a historical event. Do you really think 100 years from now children will be studying this in school. Or that legal precedents will be written on this matter. Supreme court, anyone??

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
That’s true but if he sued right after it happened he would still be accused of suing for money and instead of the justification being he was waiting for the NFL to punish Zeke to help his case it would be “he wanted to sue Zeke immediately in hopes Zeke would pay him off so it would be less of a potential issue with the NFL”.

I’m not saying he isn’t suing specifically for money, I don’t know, but there is no point in time this guy could have sued without every Cowboy fan accusing him of going after money specifically. No matter what, this guy will be accused of trying to get money.

You’re right, but I’m saying money IS his motivation and regardless I think a suit is completely out of line. This guy did not suffer any injuries. Here’s the bottom line that sums it up nicely. Do you think he’d be suing a regular guy that makes $35,000 a year? I think we both know the answer to that. He wouldn’t for two reasons: 1). He stands to gain nothing. 2). No harm, no foul. It would be seen as a ridiculous suit. However, Zeke has a lot of money and is well known. Hence the suit. It’s so transparent.

cern

Reaction score

He could just ask for a signed jersey or ball. Even tickets to a game. Funny how money always makes the pain go away.

Silly

Reaction score
I just don't want to hear Al Davis harp about the Zeke incident all season long on SNF. I will be watching with the mute button on. I didn't know you could sue a person if there are no damages?

aria

Reaction score
He could just ask for a signed jersey or ball. Even tickets to a game. Funny how money always makes the pain go away.
Or even just a sincere apology. What would have been nice is if Zeke went on social media and publicly apologized to him, then I would be less inclined to think it wasn’t all about money if he still sued.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
If this case goes to civil court and I was on the jury I would find Zeke guilty and award the plaintiff $1. Not a penny more.
Then Zeke would be liable for paying the plaintiff's legal fees.

aria

Reaction score
You’re right, but I’m saying money IS his motivation and regardless I think a suit is completely out of line. This guy did not suffer any injuries. Here’s the bottom line that sums it up nicely. Do you think he’d be suing a regular guy that makes $35,000 a year? I think we both know the answer to that. He wouldn’t for two reasons: 1). He stands to gain nothing. 2). No harm, no foul. It would be seen as a ridiculous suit. However, Zeke has a lot of money and is well known. Hence the suit. It’s so transparent.
This is where we’ll agree to disagree. Honestly, if this guy truly thinks he was wronged then I don’t think money matters, so yeah, I still think he would sue a guy making 35K a year.

I’ve never sued anyone but there have been things I’ve done, that I understand a lot of people wouldn’t do, just based on principle whether it made things worse for me or not. It may not have been the smartest decision but sometimes I don’t let things fly that others would and vice versa. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who would make a big deal out of something I would consider minor.

Point is, none of us know this kid or his motivation. All we do know is Zeke was wrong by putting his hands on him first and that he asked for a sincere apology. That’s literally all we know and I’m not going to accuse him of being on a money grab based on that and the fact that Zeke happens to be a rich dunce.

fansince68

Reaction score
Suspension coming. It’s on the coaches now to get this team ready to start the season without Zeke. No excuses.
I disagree. Commish had already done his due diligence. This is strictly a civil matter. Security guard is trying to get paid. I hope Zeke says no. He was never arrested nor charged

Them

Reaction score
...Well Hell's bells....just can't catch a break...guess the god Goodell will re-access the situation, and possibly change his mind about any punishment....he has changed it before...but again maybe not...Onward thru the Fog!...
prdi9of.jpg

CowboysDrew

Reaction score

Fellow history major here (Actually BA and MA)! After years of teaching the subject, I learned the degree essentially boiled down to "Do you want fries with that?" and moved on.

I get the whole objectivity thing though. I did my Historical Methods and Historiography. But they don't always translate well to analyzing events like this. The discipline lends well to research and understanding trends over time, and yes understanding human nature in a very macro context, but I don't know if it applies to just a dude that's drunk and in his mind getting accosted.