The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Until nothing, assault with a milkshake can get you shot.
Then why would you do it?! I'm just an innocent boy... looking at the world with wide eyes and a heart filled with optimism.
And then you walk in with murder-shake...
CHOCOLATE MURDER-SHAKE!!! The most insidious of all murder-shakes.

You just made me lose the last vestiges of my innocence... LOL.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Everyone looking for a payday. Zeke should know better.

===
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- An EDC security guard filed charges against Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot after an alleged assault in May.

The alleged assault happened on May 19 around three o’clock in the morning. Johnson said Elliot became confrontational when he was not allowed inside a restricted area.

“I put my hands up and said, ‘hey Zeke, you’re a big man, you’re in the NFL’ that’s all I said to him before he came up to me, bumped me and then shoved me over a metal railing,” said Johnson.

initially, Johnson said he was only seeking a sincere apology from Elliot, but decided to press charges after he says the NFL and Elliot tried to sweep the incident under the rug.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police will conduct an investigation before charges can officially be filed. If there is enough evidence to move forward, Elliot could be charged with battery.

“To not have anything happen to him, the NFL is basically saying it’s okay to go to Vegas, get obliterated and shove people over fences,” said Johnson.

Elliot apologized shortly after the altercation but Johnson said his apology lacked sincerity.

“Just very unsympathetic. Like ‘I have to do this, I’m being forced to do this. I don’t want to be here right now’ kind of thing,” said Johnson.

The Orange Coast College student said he and his family want the professional athlete to be held accountable.

“I’ve had a lot of angry Cowboys fans threaten me over social media and that kind of thing,” said Johnson.

Although the video of the alleged assault shows Elliot in handcuffs, he was never arrested or suspended by the NFL.

FOX5 contacted Elliot’s attorney and the NFL to comment on the pending charges. So far our requests have gone unanswered.

Can tell he’s lying. But oh well.

Corso

Reaction score
Probably.. Maybe he gets an easy 30k settlement out of it and attorney gets 1/3.
I remember my mother winning a judgement on some property and damages on two places in San Francisco.
She won.
She had to sell one of the properties to pay the attorneys.

yaaaaaaaay....

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Care to elaborate? That’s not a very good rebuttal.

You really believe that his little feelings got hurt and he expected the NFL to protect him by punishing Zeke for him. But since they didn't, he better take matters unto his ien hands. Oh and find good measure let Zeke know had his daddy been around he would have beat him up. This is nothing more than a money grab. They were just waiting for the NFL to give them more leverage in court but it didn't happen so they came out with the statement they did.

aria

Reaction score
I suspect he was waiting and expected the NFL to punish Zeke, given the outcome of his last issue with the league and thought that would give him a stronger case... When the league responded the way they did, he cane out with this statement
Could be but that doesn’t make my argument anymore stupid than yours. The point is, no one knows and most people are automatically gonna defend Zeke no matter what because he is our best player and because Zeke has money.

I try to look at things from both perspectives, it doesn’t mean I’m right, but I’m not going to blindly make accusations just because of how much money someone has or due to what jersey they wear.

aria

Reaction score
You really believe that his little feelings got hurt and he expected the NFL to protect him by punishing Zeke for him. But since they didn't, he better take matters unto his ien hands. Oh and find good measure let Zeke know had his daddy been around he would have beat him up. This is nothing more than a money grab. They were just waiting for the NFL to give them more leverage in court but it didn't happen so they came out with the statement they did.
Yes, I do. From the get go all he said he wanted was a sincere apology which Zeke never gave. Let me ask you, what would you do if someone twice your size knocked you over?

Everyone is going to handle it differently. Just because the kid is suing and Zeke happens to have a lot of money doesn’t mean it’s all about cash. Are rich people supposed to be immune from being sued?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes, I do. From the get go all he said he wanted was a sincere apology which Zeke never gave. Let me ask you, what would you do if someone twice your size knocked you over?

Everyone is going to handle it differently. Just because the kid is suing and Zeke happens to have a lot of money doesn’t mean it’s all about cash. Are rich people supposed to be immune from being sued?
I would love to know the whole story. The guard seemed to leave it open when he said he apologized but never looked him in the eyes and he only wanted a sincere apology. Seems that Elliot only apologized that one time. Also looks like the guard got a lawyer and turned it over to him. It’s on now.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Nothing happened but it doesn’t change the fact that you can’t just go around pushing people over, throwing elbows, etc anytime someone pisses you off.

Again, if someone clearly made physical contact with Zeke, knocking him over, and Zeke ended up whooping this guy then how many of you would say Zeke was well within his rights to defend himself and the other guy had it coming since he started it? I would.

Apparently that doesn’t apply when it’s the other way around or the kid isn’t big enough to stand up for himself so he sues when the NFL didn’t do anything.

What is he possibly suing for mental anguish??? We know he wasn't physically harmed because they stayed that after the incident. You can't sue just because the incident happened, you have to have suffered some type of irreparable harm.

Corso

Reaction score
I would love to know the whole story. The guard seemed to leave it open when he said he apologized but never looked him in the eyes and he only wanted a sincere apology. Seems that Elliot only apologized that one time. Also looks like the guard got a lawyer and turned it over to him. It’s on now.
Yup. The only guy that's going to be paid?
The lawyer.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Then why didn’t he sue originally instead of asking for an apology? His chances of getting money right after it happened would have been much greater. Is there ever a scenario where a rich person is sued by a low to middle class person for something minor and people don’t accuse them of doing it for money?

He’s daddy told him to