The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

aria

Reaction score
You do realize this kid’s job was to deal with behavior issues at a public event, right? Zeke was a bit of a jerk, no question, but let’s not act as if the kid were a banker or retail clerk or accountant that Zeke randomly walked up to and pushed down. The kid was being paid to deal with situations like with Zeke, and the only damage to him was a little embarrassment and video proof he sucked at his job.
Lol, are you kidding me? Just because he’s a security guard doesn’t mean he gets paid to be knocked down.

And what if he didn’t suck at his job and got up and confronted Zeke? That would have made Zeke look much worse since he’s the one that confronted the security guard and put his hand on him first.

I see a lot of people calling the guy names, accusing him of flopping, etc. Zeke, and the people criticizing the guard, should feel lucky the guard didn’t do more. This could have easily been much worse for Zeke.

For example, Zeke turns around to confront guard. Check. Zeke approaches guard and says “what did you say”? Check. Zeke initiates physical contact with guard. Check. Now imagine if the guard stood up and gets in Zeke’s face then him and Zeke get into a brawl. This all the sudden becomes another violence issue and Zeke would look much worse for it.

aria

Reaction score
He should have done his job and put Zeke in a chokehold, thrown him to the ground, cuffed him and stuffed him and then yell Book him Dano!!!!! The sissy is this dude for sitting there and taking it. If he's not tough enough to do his job, then get another job.
He should have at least tried and people should be happy he didn’t. If he had, there’s a good chance Zeke would be looking at a looooong suspension instead of forking over a few dollars.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If he was hurt and if it was a real punch I can see suing. Still think this is nonsense. This is why courts are the way they are. Frivolous lawsuits.

Pants

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Scotman

Reaction score
I personally think it made Zeke out to look like a complete jerk. I love how he plays, but this incident didn't make him look like a good person. A bully on the field? GREAT! Off the field? Nope. I've chalked a lot of the other stuff he's done up to being very immature. Young or not, he acted like a jerk. I don't think it's going anywhere legally...but what do I know? I don't think it should either. Normally security just makes you leave an event after behaving like that. The only reason it could go any further is because it's Zeke.

Zeke needs to be a smart enough man to realize that he isn't going to get the same leeway from his indiscretions that a typical person gets.

aria

Reaction score
If he was hurt and if it was a real punch I can see suing. Still think this is nonsense. This is why courts are the way they are. Frivolous lawsuits.
It’s nonsense but I also don’t think what Zeke did should get a free pass. I’m not saying a suspension but at least a fine.

I don’t understand how anyone can say what he did wasn’t wrong and with that come consequences. If I was caught on video doing that I guarantee I would get time off without pay at a minimum. As small as it was it just blows my mind that some people condone or don’t think someone should be punished for putting their hands on someone else. People have been shot over that crap and got away with it because they claimed self defense.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It’s nonsense but I also don’t think what Zeke did should get a free pass. I’m not saying a suspension but at least a fine.

I don’t understand how anyone can say what he did wasn’t wrong and with that come consequences. If I was caught on video doing that I guarantee I would get time off without pay at a minimum. As small as it was it just blows my mind that some people condone or don’t think someone should be punished for putting their hands on someone else. People have been shot over that crap and got away with it because they claimed self defense.
Oh it was wrong and Zeke was being stupid. Yea I wouldn't object to a fine but that's about it. I just think if Zeke really wanted to hurt that guy he would have. I just think he was drunk. Guy has to learn he has a target on his back and he has to be smart.

aria

Reaction score
Oh it was wrong and Zeke was being stupid. Yea I wouldn't object to a fine but that's about it. I just think if Zeke really wanted to hurt that guy he would have. I just think he was drunk. Guy has to learn he has a target on his back and he has to be smart.
For sure, I don’t think he tried to hurt him and don’t think he did but he’s lucky it didn’t escalate further. It’s also not like this is the first time that dolt has done something stupid, that’s really the bigger issue IMO.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just when we thought it was over............

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/edc-...cle_e7339166-a511-11e9-a8a5-77430b52991c.html

I didn't see this already posted. If it was, then please merge.
when you are famous, have money, people are going to find ways to get some of it from you....I like to get the whole story and not the partial story he is giving to say he deserve money for being shoved...or maybe eke should give him $20 and tell to off off, or perhaps Zeke should sue him for slander and defamation

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, are you kidding me? Just because he’s a security guard doesn’t mean he gets paid to be knocked down.

And what if he didn’t suck at his job and got up and confronted Zeke? That would have made Zeke look much worse since he’s the one that confronted the security guard and put his hand on him first.

I see a lot of people calling the guy names, accusing him of flopping, etc. Zeke, and the people criticizing the guard, should feel lucky the guard didn’t do more. This could have easily been much worse for Zeke.

For example, Zeke turns around to confront guard. Check. Zeke approaches guard and says “what did you say”? Check. Zeke initiates physical contact with guard. Check. Now imagine if the guard stood up and gets in Zeke’s face then him and Zeke get into a brawl. This all the sudden becomes another violence issue and Zeke would look much worse for it.
You think he gets paid to cower and stumble backward when a drunk crowds his space? Yeah boy, THAT’S the guy we all want working security at our events. Lol.

And here you are advocating the use of security guards who suck at their job. Lol

To do a good job doesn’t mean getting in a guys face. It means diffusing the situation, first but peaceful means. Talking, but being forceful. Explaining consequences etc. Tact. Diplomacy. Then force if it becomes necessary. It’s not either cower or provoke a fight.

As for flopping, I didn’t see that or accuse him of that. He stumbled on the baracade when he backed up and Zeke nudged him.

And again, what was the damage to him other than embarrassment?

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
You think he gets paid to cower and stumble backward when a drunk crowds his space? Yeah boy, THAT’S the guy we all want working security at our events. Lol.

As for flopping, I didn’t see that or accuse him of that. He stumbled on the baracade when he backed up and Zeke nudged him.

And again, what was the damage to him other than embarrassment?
No, I don’t think he should cower and stumble. As I said, we should all feel lucky that’s what he did and it didn’t escalate.

Also, I realize Zeke didn’t bulldog the guy but don’t act like he didn’t touch him. To me, a finger in the chest is the same as a punch in the chest and I would take action against either. I understand not everyone sees it that way but it doesn’t mean what Zeke did shouldn’t go unpunished.

So you mock the guy for not doing his job by standing up to Zeke but also think what Zeke did wasn’t enough to warrant more of a reaction from a security guard worth his salt? Which is it?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
IIRC, isn’t this kid like 18 years old?

Lol, folks are calling this kid a punk but not batting an eye over a professional football player stepping up to essentially a high school kid to punk him?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I don’t think he should cower and stumble. As I said, we should all feel lucky that’s what he did and it didn’t escalate.

Also, I realize Zeke didn’t bulldog the guy but don’t act like he didn’t touch him. To me, a finger in the chest is the same as a punch in the chest and I would take action against either. I understand not everyone sees it that way but it doesn’t mean what Zeke did shouldn’t go unpunished.

So you mock the guy for not doing his job by standing up to Zeke but also think what Zeke did wasn’t enough to warrant more of a reaction from a security guard worth his salt? Which is it?

A finger in the chest does no damage. For a lawsuit to be valid there has to be damage done to a person. It would be a sad society if merely feeling embarrassed was all it takes to sue.

And, again, he was paid to deal with people like that. It was his job. And the job isn’t either to cower or fight. Tact. Diplomacy. Talking sense. Firmly explaining consequences. There are other methods before just diving into a physical confrontation. If cowering were his only option he was a poor choice for the job, just as if a person whose only option was to fight would be a poor choice for the job.

aria

Reaction score
A finger in the chest does no damage. For a lawsuit to be valid there has to be damage done to a person. It would be a sad society if merely feeling embarrassed was all it takes to sue.

And, again, he was paid to deal with people like that. It was his job. And the job isn’t either to cower or fight. Tact. Diplomacy. Talking sense. Firmly explaining consequences. There are other methods before just diving into a physical confrontation. If cowering were his only option he was a poor choice for the job, just as if a person whose only option was to fight would be a poor choice for the job.
Nice response and you have some valid points. I’m not supporting the kid suing, I have an issue with someone else putting their hands on another person and there being no consequences.

As I’ve said a hundred times, this has nothing to do with my dislike for Zeke. If someone did that to Zeke and Zeke laid the dude out I would support him. I’m not saying that’s the best and only course of action to take but I would say the guy should have never put his hands on him in the first place. Mess with the bull you’re gonna get the horns.

And out of curiosity, do you think people should be able to put their hands on others without consequences whether there was an injury or not?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know a coach that poked his finger in the chest of one of his players and cracked the kids sternum. Luckily, the kid's dad and the coach were friends and he didn't pursue it further. That was about 25 years ago. Imagine that happening now!

aria

Reaction score
Lol, I just heard on the radio that the kid’s dad is a lawyer. Good job Zeke.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice response and you have some valid points. I’m not supporting the kid suing, I have an issue with someone else putting their hands on another person and there being no consequences.

As I’ve said a hundred times, this has nothing to do with my dislike for Zeke. If someone did that to Zeke and Zeke laid the dude out I would support him. I’m not saying that’s the best and only course of action to take but I would say the guy should have never put his hands on him in the first place. Mess with the bull you’re gonna get the horns.

And out of curiosity, do you think people should be able to put their hands on others without consequences whether there was an injury or not?
He didn't lay a hand in him, he blinked and the kid fell from the gush of wind created by Zeke's eyelashes!

aria

Reaction score
I know a coach that poked his finger in the chest of one of his players and cracked the kids sternum. Luckily, the kid's dad and the coach were friends and he didn't pursue it further. That was about 25 years ago. Imagine that happening now!
Imagine if you poke a girl in the chest. Boom! Sexual harassment. People, especially Zeke, need to learn to keep their hands to themselves.

One of these days he may try to bully some scrawny kid and ends up getting capped. I know that’s a stretch but let’s not act like people haven’t been shot over less, you never know how someone will react when you get physical with them. Keep rolling the dice and eventually that person will get what’s coming to them, deservedly so IMO.