The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

glimmerman

Reaction score
A finger in the chest does no damage. For a lawsuit to be valid there has to be damage done to a person. It would be a sad society if merely feeling embarrassed was all it takes to sue.

And, again, he was paid to deal with people like that. It was his job. And the job isn’t either to cower or fight. Tact. Diplomacy. Talking sense. Firmly explaining consequences. There are other methods before just diving into a physical confrontation. If cowering were his only option he was a poor choice for the job, just as if a person whose only option was to fight would be a poor choice for the job.
I am sure he will say there was damage when he fell down. Elliot was in the wrong and he knows it. I heard on these boards that the guard or he thought the guard called him a bad word and that’s why he stepped up to him.

Apparently that was not true. Elliot stepped up to him and gave a little shove and the kid fell over. Every lawyer in the state saw the video and likely reached out to him. The lure of money got to him. The case should have been done with before he went to see goodell. If the kid wanted a better apology then go to his house and play video games and eat pizza with him and say sorry..

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Should be misdemeanor assault, which will be a fine. Unless some kind of new information emerged, there's really no reason for the league to change its ruling.

I do think it's funny that the security guard is blaming the league for "sweeping this under the rug," when the league did more about this in calling Zeke in than it does about many more serious offenses.
Also did more than the police did. This kid probably got pissed that his dad called him a sissy or something. Dad's a big talker, too. "If I was there, Zeke would've been the next one on the ground."......Yeah, okay.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, ok. And if he spit in your face you would say “God bless you”. C’mon Ranch, it may not have been much be he initiated contact.
I'm just messing with you! Lol!! I worked security during spring break on South Padre Island back in the day. I saw a lot crap. What he did was nothing. But you are right, he needs to grow up and stop being a bully

aria

Reaction score
Also did more than the police did. This kid probably got pissed that his dad called him a sissy or something. Dad's a big talker, too. "If I was there, Zeke would've been the next one on the ground."......Yeah, okay.
I could see that. I don’t think daddy should be jumping in for his 18 year old son or however old he is but one of these days Zeke may screw with the wrong person, just because he’s a football player doesn’t make him invincible (although based on his actions, in his mind it does).

aria

Reaction score
I'm just messing with you! Lol!! I worked security during spring break on South Padre Island back in the day. I saw a lot crap. What he did was nothing. But you are right, he needs to grow up and stop being a bully
Ha, I figured, I almost deleted my comment but I thought you would understand what I was trying to say.

GMO415

Reaction score
NFL alreeady determined they will not suspend EzE.

As for the late battery charge, this is just a money grab, for the victim. $2k and this all goes away.

glimmerman

Reaction score
True and his friends could be giving him crap, and social media. And the lawyers telling him there is a paycheck in it. He cant very well call Elliot out so he may as well sue.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice response and you have some valid points. I’m not supporting the kid suing, I have an issue with someone else putting their hands on another person and there being no consequences.

As I’ve said a hundred times, this has nothing to do with my dislike for Zeke. If someone did that to Zeke and Zeke laid the dude out I would support him. I’m not saying that’s the best and only course of action to take but I would say the guy should have never put his hands on him in the first place. Mess with the bull you’re gonna get the horns.

And out of curiosity, do you think people should be able to put their hands on others without consequences whether there was an injury or not?

It depends on the result of putting their hands on the other. In theory you would always like there to be some level of consequence when someone acts like an idiot, but in reality there are civil and criminal avenues for it, and not every circumstance of a person putting their hands on another rises to those levels.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could see that. I don’t think daddy should be jumping in for his 18 year old son or however old he is but one of these days Zeke may screw with the wrong person, just because he’s a football player doesn’t make him invincible (although based on his actions, in his mind it does).
Zeke screwed up...again. That said, it's not like he violently shoved the kid. He bumped him and he tripped. Still Zeke being a jerk, but if you think you have the balls to be a security guard, you should be able to handle something that minor.

Claiming that all he wanted was a sincere apology is so easy to see through. He knew it was no big deal, but Daddy convinced him to pursue it further. Also, what kind of lawyer makes that comment about Zeke being the next one on the ground?

aria

Reaction score
It depends on the result of putting their hands on the other. In theory you would always like there to be some level of consequence when someone acts like an idiot, but in reality there are civil and criminal avenues for it, and not every circumstance of a person putting their hands on another rises to those levels.
Good point which is why I think the league should have fined him. Unfortunately, I doubt a fine would even make Zeke flinch, a 6 game suspension didn’t. It just pisses me off that people are allowed to get away with it. I about lost my sheet the other day when someone jokingly splashed water in my face, it wasn’t straight up them touching me but close enough, I guess it’s one of my bigger pet peeves and I think people who do things like that, especially with strangers, are playing a dangerous game.

Out of all the talk I’ve done and people accusing me of portraying a tough guy image...I’ve never, not once, put my hands on someone first as a security guard or not working security and just being po’d at someone, unless I was breaking up a fight or preventing someone from potentially harming themselves or others.

I’ll be the first to admit, I can have “extreme thoughts” and potential reactions but it blows my mind that some people just walk around bullying others and putting their hands on them. Not only is it wrong but borderline crazy in this day and age. I bet half the people in here that live in TX have a CHL. It doesn’t mean they would use a gun for someone knocking them over, I would hope not, but there are people who would and you don’t know who they are until it happens.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke screwed up...again. That said, it's not like he violently shoved the kid. He bumped him and he tripped. Still Zeke being a jerk, but if you think you have the balls to be a security guard, you should be able to handle something that minor.

Claiming that all he wanted was a sincere apology is so easy to see through. He knew it was no big deal, but Daddy convinced him to pursue it further. Also, what kind of lawyer makes that comment about Zeke being the next one on the ground?
Lol, yeah, as a lawyer it seems funny but as a dad or someone who despises bullies I can understand the comment.

I agree, the security guard should be able to handle it and on the other side Zeke should have been held accountable, not just a little meeting in the principles office.

I know I’m in the minority, as usual, but I’m not convinced the apology demand wasn’t legit. I’ve been in near fights, ended up drinking beer with the guys and in some cases became friends after one or both of us admitted to over reacting or being wrong in the first place. As soon as that was over, no hard feelings, words and actions do matter to some people.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Elliot made a mistake again. He shouldn't go anywhere like that without having his own security. People are following him everywhere and want money from him. That kid knew as soon as he got shoved he could sue, and I am sure dad is pushing him. Elliot should have given him a sincere apology at the time so the guard couldn't use that as a excuse. He will say he didn't realize he was hurt at the time but now his back or neck is hurting him.. The lawyers will get more of the money than he will..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good point which is why I think the league should have fined him. Unfortunately, I doubt a fine would even make Zeke flinch, a 6 game suspension didn’t. It just pisses me off that people are allowed to get away with it. I about lost my sheet the other day when someone jokingly splashed water in my face, it wasn’t straight up them touching me but close enough, I guess it’s one of my bigger pet peeves and I think people who do things like that, especially with strangers, are playing a dangerous game.

Out of all the talk I’ve done and people accusing me of portraying a tough guy image...I’ve never, not once, put my hands on someone first as a security guard or not working security and just being po’d at someone, unless I was breaking up a fight or preventing someone from potentially harming themselves or others.

I’ll be the first to admit, I can have “extreme thoughts” and potential reactions but it blows my mind that some people just walk around bullying others and putting their hands on them. Not only is it wrong but borderline crazy in this day and age. I bet half the people in here that live in TX have a CHL. It doesn’t mean they would use a gun for someone knocking them over, I would hope not, but there are people who would and you don’t know who they are until it happens.
I honestly assumed that goodell would fine him.. Guess his over reacting in the first incident he is making up for it this time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol, yeah, as a lawyer it seems funny but as a dad or someone who despises bullies I can understand the comment.

I agree, the security guard should be able to handle it and on the other side Zeke should have been held accountable, not just a little meeting in the principles office.

I know I’m in the minority, as usual, but I’m not convinced the apology demand wasn’t legit. I’ve been in near fights, ended up drinking beer with the guys and in some cases became friends after one or both of us admitted to over reacting or being wrong in the first place. As soon as that was over, no hard feelings, words and actions do matter to some people.
But you didn't have to force an apology. If you have to do that, how can you expect it to be sincere?

I've been in the same situation you're talking about several times, and you can make some of your best friends that way. Lol

aria

Reaction score
I honestly assumed that goodell would fine him.. Guess his over reacting in the first incident he is making up for it this time.
I figured there would be a one or two game suspension. I’m glad there wasn’t a suspension but I don’t believe he should have got off scot free.

aria

Reaction score
But you didn't have to force an apology. If you have to do that, how can you expect it to be sincere?

I've been in the same situation you're talking about several times, and you can make some of your best friends that way. Lol
Shut up, that first segment makes too much sense. He could have at least tried? lol