The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

Kaiser

Reaction score
Because Zeke's council has described this as extortion that suddenly means that an extortion attempt has taken place here?

Because council stated it? Are you joking??

OJ's council also stated he would never kill anyone yet two murdered victims blood were found in his bedroom.

You forgot to call someone Hitler. Read what I read, I'm not stating facts, I'm saying that if Zeke's attorneys come out guns blazing it means they are extremely confident in their position. And they have a lot more information about what has happened than you or I do.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't think Goodell is stupid enough to flip his position based off this with the CBA at the forefront.

aria

Reaction score
I make no certain claims, I'm just saying he could be a dummy that knew no better until someone stepped up to the plate and told him better.
It kind of happens, you know?
My goodness, I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell someone "Why didn't you do something right then? Or earlier?".

You think there aren't people out there that just know no better? The kid is obviously no Rhodes Scholar.
Could be, very well could be but as I said I can see where he’s coming from.

For example, say I go to my local Whataburger and get in a shouting match with an employee. He pushes me down and my wife refrains me from murder so I walk away. I’m furious that this punk employee got away with it because if there weren’t any laws I would have killed him so I decide to take the high road and talk to his manager, along with emailing the corporate office. They tell me they will look into it, it’s all on store video. I go back a month later and the punk is still working there and I am told he was verbally reprimanded.

That’s not gonna fly with me. I’d like to tell him there’s two ways we can handle it, step outside or I’m pressing charges. I would encourage him to take option A because I think suing for something so small is weak but on the other hand, I’m not letting some punk get away with a verbal reprimand for pushing me down.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Wait a minute...are you saying you don't live in Texas?

We have our social rules, but the kid's infraction is much worse than Zeke's. To be clear, the kid started off OK, but let the ambulance chasers sucker him into swallowing all of his pride for a dollar.

Or in this case, the promise of enough dollars to buy a small town in East Texas. But in reality the lawyers will gain notoriety in a losing case and the kid will get nothing.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Again, I could see it both ways. If he truly wanted money he would have been all over it right off the bat in hopes that Zeke/Jerry would settle out of court before the NFL got involved, not wait until after.

Let me ask you this, in what scenario wouldn’t it be about the money? If he sued right off the bat everyone would accuse him of wanting money. Now he waits until Zeke isn’t punished and it’s about the money. There’s no way this kid could sue without having people accusing him of it all being about the money.

When anyone makes a point of saying it’s not about the money, you can bet your *** it’s about the money.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You forgot to call someone Hitler. Read what I read, I'm not stating facts, I'm saying that if Zeke's attorneys come out guns blazing it means they are extremely confident in their position. And they have a lot more information about what has happened than you or I do.
I actually saw someone today with what I can only call a Hitler goatee.
Now try to picture that. Like a narrow hair-highway going down his face that just looked insanely ridiculous.
I was absolutely amazed and wanted to approach him, but the wifey stopped me.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Could be, very well could be but as I said I can see where he’s coming from.

For example, say I go to my local Whataburger and get in a shouting match with an employee. He pushes me down and my wife refrains me from murder so I walk away. I’m furious that this punk employee got away with it because if there weren’t any laws I would have killed him so I decide to take the high road and talk to his manager, along with emailing the corporate office. They tell me they will look into it, it’s all on store video. I go back a month later and the punk is still working there and I am told he was verbally reprimanded.

That’s not gonna fly with me. I’d like to tell him there’s two ways we can handle it, step outside or I’m pressing charges. I would encourage him to take option A because I think suing for something so small is weak but on the other hand, I’m not letting some punk get away with a verbal reprimand for pushing me down.
That sounds so stupid... Honestly.
Sorry bud. You know I like you, but that's soundly and roundly dumb in every way.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If he sued right off the bat everyone would accuse him of wanting money. Now he waits until Zeke isn’t punished and it’s about the money. There’s no way this kid could sue without having people accusing him of it all being about the money.

That’s because literally, nothing happened to that little *****. What does he deserve anything for? I do worse bumping the couch on the way to the fridge.

He should be embarrassed to show his face in public. Wuss.

aria

Reaction score
When anyone makes a point of saying it’s not about the money, you can bet your *** it’s about the money.
Then why didn’t he sue originally instead of asking for an apology? His chances of getting money right after it happened would have been much greater. Is there ever a scenario where a rich person is sued by a low to middle class person for something minor and people don’t accuse them of doing it for money?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Good, fight em back

Being a "target of extortion" is avoidable by not giving someone the opportunity to extort you. Zeke needs to quickly realize he's not a college kid who can party like everyone else. He's a celebrity, and people will take advantage of him if he's not thinking clearly.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Then why didn’t he sue originally instead of asking for an apology? His chances of getting money right after it happened would have been much greater. Is there ever a scenario where a rich person is sued by a low to middle class person for something minor and people don’t accuse them of doing it for money?

He ended up getting talked into it for a payday. Pretty damned obvious. There’s no other reason to file charges now.

aria

Reaction score
That’s because literally, nothing happened to that little *****. What does he deserve anything for? I do worse bumping the couch on the way to the fridge.

He should be embarrassed to show his face in public. Wuss.
Nothing happened but it doesn’t change the fact that you can’t just go around pushing people over, throwing elbows, etc anytime someone pisses you off.

Again, if someone clearly made physical contact with Zeke, knocking him over, and Zeke ended up whooping this guy then how many of you would say Zeke was well within his rights to defend himself and the other guy had it coming since he started it? I would.

Apparently that doesn’t apply when it’s the other way around or the kid isn’t big enough to stand up for himself so he sues when the NFL didn’t do anything.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Being a "target of extortion" is avoidable by not giving someone the opportunity to extort you. Zeke needs to quickly realize he's not a college kid who can party like everyone else. He's a celebrity, and people will take advantage of him if he's not thinking clearly.

True but it doesn’t change any facts regarding the incident which has already been decided as far as the NFL goes. Again, the fact that this guy decides to file charges weeks later doesn’t change the facts of the incident one bit. What happened still happened the same way and everyone already knew what happened.

aria

Reaction score
He ended up getting talked into it for a payday. Pretty damned obvious. There’s no other reason to file charges now.
So coincidentally all he wanted was a sincere apology which he didn’t get and some money hungry lawyer was just waiting, and waiting and waiting until the NFL didn’t punish Zeke THEN decided “now’s the time to strike”!

There’s plenty of reasons to file now, see my example above. The kid has always stated he wanted an apology but never got a sincere one so then he waited in hopes the NFL would punish Zeke in the form of a fine or suspension. When that didn’t happen he still felt like justice wasn’t served so he took it into his own hands.