The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nothing happened but it doesn’t change the fact that you can’t just go around pushing people over, throwing elbows, etc anytime someone pisses you off.

Again, if someone clearly made physical contact with Zeke, knocking him over, and Zeke ended up whooping this guy then how many of you would say Zeke was well within his rights to defend himself and the other guy had it coming since he started it? I would.

Apparently that doesn’t apply when it’s the other way around or the kid isn’t big enough to stand up for himself so he sues when the NFL didn’t do anything.
Throwing an elbow, lol.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So coincidentally all he wanted was a sincere apology which he didn’t get and some money hungry lawyer was just waiting, and waiting and waiting until the NFL didn’t punish Zeke THEN decided “now’s the time to strike”!

There’s plenty of reasons to file now, see my example above. The kid has always stated he wanted an apology but never got a sincere one so then he waited in hopes the NFL would punish Zeke in the form of a fine or suspension. When that didn’t happen he still felt like justice wasn’t served so he took it into his own hands.
Just the wrong way to go about the whole thing... poor kid.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Could be, very well could be but as I said I can see where he’s coming from.

For example, say I go to my local Whataburger and get in a shouting match with an employee. He pushes me down and my wife refrains me from murder so I walk away. I’m furious that this punk employee got away with it because if there weren’t any laws I would have killed him so I decide to take the high road and talk to his manager, along with emailing the corporate office. They tell me they will look into it, it’s all on store video. I go back a month later and the punk is still working there and I am told he was verbally reprimanded.

That’s not gonna fly with me. I’d like to tell him there’s two ways we can handle it, step outside or I’m pressing charges. I would encourage him to take option A because I think suing for something so small is weak but on the other hand, I’m not letting some punk get away with a verbal reprimand for pushing me down.
We should meet at a Whataburger and find a topic to fuss about over a burger. I'm letting you know ahead of time I'm going to push all the right buttons and make you want to take a swing at me. I'm betting you won't be able to restrain your instinct to do just that. Once that happens, god help you. You'll not only regret getting physical with me, I'll follow up with suing you for ever dime you ever thought about owning, because you threw the first punch. This is what happens to hotheads like you.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So coincidentally all he wanted was a sincere apology which he didn’t get and some money hungry lawyer was just waiting, and waiting and waiting until the NFL didn’t punish Zeke THEN decided “now’s the time to strike”!

There’s plenty of reasons to file now, see my example above. The kid has always stated he wanted an apology but never got a sincere one so then he waited in hopes the NFL would punish Zeke in the form of a fine or suspension. When that didn’t happen he still felt like justice wasn’t served so he took it into his own hands.

You can believe that bull**** if you want to. Anyone with a clue knows why he’s filing charges now.

Techsass

Reaction score
During normal times, I would agree. Flipping on Elliott based on some stupid twerp changing his mind would not stand well with the NFLPA.
Especially after Goodell's police force had completed their thorough investigation. The NFLPA might demand be a strong part of any future investigations that lead to a suspension

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Especially after Goodell's police force had completed their thorough investigation. The NFLPA might demand be a strong part of any future investigations that lead to a suspension
Absolutely. There are politics involved here and Goodell being swayed by what could be viewed as an extortion attempt is quite simply a bad look.

aria

Reaction score
We should meet at a Whataburger and find a topic to fuss about over a burger. I'm letting you know ahead of time I'm going to push all the right buttons and make you want to take a swing at me. I'm betting you won't be able to restrain your instinct to do just that. Once that happens, god help you. You'll not only regret getting physical with me, I'll follow up with suing you for ever dime you ever thought about owning, because you threw the first punch. This is what happens to hotheads like you.
Unlike Zeke, I’m smart enough not to start a fight, been there done that...it only took one trip to jail. You put even a finger on me, let alone a push, game over. I’m not saying I wouldn’t get butt kicked but I would literally die trying to keep that from happening whether that means actual death, being restrained, tasered, pepper sprayed...whatever, I’m not going to stop coming after you until one of us isn’t breathing. It’s animal instinct.

Obviously not you personally Joe, just telling you from my mindset.

Corso

Reaction score
Unlike Zeke, I’m smart enough not to start a fight, been there done that...it only took one trip to jail. You put even a finger on me, let alone a push, game over. I’m not saying I wouldn’t get butt kicked but I would literally die trying to keep that from happening whether that means actual death, being restrained, tasered, pepper sprayed...whatever, I’m not going to stop coming after you until one of us isn’t breathing. It’s animal instinct.

Then end the Holier-Than-Thou attitude killer.

aria

Reaction score
You can believe that bull**** if you want to. Anyone with a clue knows why he’s filing charges now.
It’s called being objective. I have no idea what the kid is thinking and neither do you. There’s absolutely no way in hell he could have ever sued without being accused of it being all about money.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That’s not new information, that’s an assumption. And even if you assume a lawsuit, that was never out of the picture anyway. Criminal charges don’t have to be filed for a person to sue. So, again, where is the new information?

The extortion attempt. Just the concept of an nfl player being brought to court is a bad PR look for the league.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he was waiting until the NFL handed down their punishment to add as evidence to the complaint. When that didnt happen, he went ahead and filed. This is nothing but a money grab by a punk.

aria

Reaction score
Then end the Holier-Than-Thou attitude killer.
It has nothing to do with that and I’ve made that clear with several of my own experiences. Why can’t I look at things objectively when it comes to anything Cowboys players related?

I guess to be considered a true fan I can never say a Cowboy player was wrong, unless it’s a scrub then no one cares. If this was some back up RB or Rico Gathers, most people would say “cut him, he isn’t worth the headache and is too much of a liability” but if it’s a star player then he can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a troll.

Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.

Corso

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with that and I’ve made that clear with several of my own experiences. Why can’t I look at things objectively when it comes to anything Cowboys players related?

I guess to be considered a true fan I can never say a Cowboy player was wrong, unless it’s a scrub then no one cares. If this was some back up RB or Rico Gathers, most people would say “cut him, he isn’t worth the headache and is too much of a liability” but if it’s a star player then he can do no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a troll.

Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.
Uh huh. You want people to be in control and yet you say if someone even lays a finger on you, you won't stop til either you, or they are dead.
Let's talk about double standards and hypocrisy...
Let's talk at length about it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I have no intention what-so-ever to ever get in a physical altercation with anyone. I'm just an old man these days. But I am prepared to defend myself where ever I go. Lucky for us, our collective smarts won't allow us to get to that. We'll just have to fuss and eat our burgers. I'm ordering a double meat, double cheese Whataburger with everything on it and a larger order of O-rings with a large chocolate milkshake. I bet we end up parting ways, friends.