The shape of things to come...

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
If you had any doubts about what a Cowboys football would like with Wade and Jerry running things...

This looks to be one of the worst drafts we've had in a while.

What a disappointment this has been.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
NickZepp;1475997 said:
We've had worse drafts. Just go back to the 2000 draft.

Yes.

You're right.

Wade...did you have any input on this thing today?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I don't think it was a bad first day. If you are only looking first day's picks, sure it doesn't look sexy but the two first rounders next year will erase any doubt about JJ and WP's deals today. Also, the draft isn't over, we still several more picks to go tomorrow.

adamknite

Reaction score
eduncan22;1475991 said:
If you had any doubts about what a Cowboys football would like with Wade and Jerry running things...

This looks to be one of the worst drafts we've had in a while.

What a disappointment this has been.

It was a pretty lackluster to me, but it wasn't that bad. If Spencer turns out to be a really good pass rusher like everybody is claiming he will, then it'll be worth it.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
The first trade with Cleveland looks very like something Dallas would have done in the late 60s and 70s. Or even Jimmy Johnsonish. Got to love a gamble that pans out or even the nerve it takes to try it.

A DE/OLB and a OG/RT/C/KO wedge buster in the third is vintage stuff. But don't let that stop you from a good rant. I have seem some pretty aweful drafts with Dallas and I am pretty sure these two will at least be here 3-4 years. The Cleveland pick may prove even better.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1476025 said:
Someone sad we didn't get a CB?

:hammer:

They focus on a player (in this case Chris Houston), and when we don't pick him, they cry and cry.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1476020 said:
I don't think it was a bad first day. If you are only looking first day's picks, sure it doesn't look sexy but the two first rounders next year will erase any doubt about JJ and WP's deals today. Also, the draft isn't over, we still several more picks to go tomorrow.

Only one of these guys has a chance to start, if you count the "nickel package" as starting.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Can we consolidate the boo-bird threads to one solitary beatch session?

burmafrd

Reaction score
A goood first day and a second first next year that could be a top 5. And CLEARLY the Dallas coaches are nowhere near as worried about a certain CB that some people are.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I'm waiting for your next Henry thread. I know your heart broken we didn't get a corner yet, but just go get some sleep and maybe you'll wake up with some knowledge, hopefully!

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda wanted the Texas CB at one point, you have to go way back when Dallas had two killer cover corners and remember what rounds they came in.

NickZepp

Reaction score

Not really because a pass rush makes a CB look better and we have a shut down corner in TNew.

Our CBs looked a lot better the first half of the season when Ellis wasn't injured. And Ellis was having a pro bowl type year. Taking him out killed our defense. Not bad secondary coverage. When the QB gets all day to throw you can have the best DBs ever out there and they will get ripped.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

This clown has been guarantying that for months ...... I think its funny as heck.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Gotta give the Jets credit. They had the balls to execute on draft day.

Can't say the same for Dallas.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
NickZepp;1476045 said:
Not really because a pass rush makes a CB look better and we have a shut down corner in TNew.

Our CBs looked a lot better the first half of the season when Ellis wasn't injured. And Ellis was having a pro bowl type year. Taking him out killed our defense. Not bad secondary coverage. When the QB gets all day to throw you can have the best DBs ever out there and they will get ripped.

The thread poster is notorious for popping into threads and randomly pointing out we MUST and WILL take a CB in the first, because Henry is the worst CB in the league (according to him). And he constantly posts an annoying .gif where Keith Davis gets burned and he blames it on Henry.