The simple truth of Dak Prescott

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He’s gonna sign for a minimum of four years, anyway. It’s all but inevitable. This is all wasted emotion. He’s a franchise QB and he’s getting extended—as he should.
Yup and it is so hard to understand how anyone can fully realize this but yet spend all this time and energy knocking the guy most responsible for their team winning or losing over the next 5 years or so.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
"Anyone with actual intellect" lol That's voicing his opinion?

They played from behind the majority of the season. Everyone all enamored with skewed numbers! 4 TDS on that final week none the week before. what a show when you’re already sitting home. Pad those stats for the new contract and some will still talk about how amazing you are. It worked like a charm! Some internet tough guys even still use the term stan? lol That's hilarious!!
Dak led the team to two divisional titles BEFORE last year.
Then he IMPROVED AS A QB.

I can tell I hurt your feelings and well good. I hope it causes you to grow up.
As to internet or not, I promise you I have zero issues saying any of this in public.
I have never hid a thing.
My username is my name.
I live close to The Star.
I am not trying to fight people for being stupid but I will call them stupid all the same.

VACowboy

Reaction score
So many threads with wasted energy going around and round when none of that matters.

There are basic truths fans will simply have to come to grips with.

Dak Prescott will likely not earn less than 30M per year(AAV) at any point over the next 8 or 9 seasons. --as a side note Gary Myers was in Dallas before NY and his take was simply false and silly but pandering to Giants fans makes sense in that market. He was second rate here and that has continued on in NYC. You can safely say stupid things that will never be dis-proven and Dak isn't going to be a Free Agent anytime soon to make Gary apologize for his pandering.

Dak Prescott will almost assuredly end his career as the all-time Dallas Cowboys passing leader. He averages almost 250 yards per game passing. That's significantly higher than Romo who was the best of anyone with 20+ starts. Dak was over 300 yards per game last year.

Dak Prescott will likely end up with at least the second most wins in Cowboys history. At this pace, 10 wins a season, he'd pass Tony Romo on his next deal be it 4 years or anything greater. Troy would take him 6 seasons, Roger 5. Troy only had 27 wins through 4 full NFL seasons. Dak is on a pace 13 wins ahead of that. Romo had 6 wins at this age.

Dak Prescott had holes in his game prior to 2019. He would get lazy with footwork and throw some inaccurate passes. He fumbled a bit too much. But 2019 showed a drastic improvement in those areas. And why not. He is using Tom Brady's personal QB coach for development. In 2019 he performed at a rate that was elite. He was a top 5 passer for 2019. His weapons and offense got better this off-season. Potentially markedly so.

Anyone with actual intellect has already grasped all these things. They are completely confused by the so very awful "Dak isn't good" takes. It is really hard to tell if the authors of those takes are trolls, just dumb as dirt, hurt Romo-stans or some other weird affliction. If you hold such a weird opinion perhaps ask yourself to which group you belong and see about removing yourself. Because you are talking out of your butt about our franchise QB.
I agree with everything you say. I loved Dak as the face of the Dallas Cowboys too. But while I know Jerry is getting stupidly stubborn over a few million dollars it really turns me off the way Dak is refusing to sign because the record-breaking contract he's been offered would likely mean $47 mil for each of five years instead of the $51m per he'd make over four. Poor Dak. To me that is the height of selfishness. And yes, I know Jerry/the team is just as bad with the multi-millions they make. It all frustrates the crap out of me.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Not really he just voiced his opinion.
Which he is allowed to do here.
Lol...After mocking others for their "wasted" energy for creating other opinions...It was sarcasm my firend.

Big_D

Reaction score
Dak led the team to two divisional titles BEFORE last year.
Then he IMPROVED AS A QB.

I can tell I hurt your feelings and well good. I hope it causes you to grow up.
As to internet or not, I promise you I have zero issues saying any of this in public.
I have never hid a thing.
My username is my name.
I live close to The Star.
I am not trying to fight people for being stupid but I will call them stupid all the same.

You didn't have the intellect to see through the charade.. tough guy! I care what he did with his contract and season on the line against the Eagles backups. No TDs. Did he get past the 35? I don't think he did. On top of that they played from behind regularly during the season couldn't score early and was middle of the pack in the red zone, yet some still talk about his amazing numbers while comparing him to Aikman and Staubach. LOL

johneric8

Reaction score
So many threads with wasted energy going around and round when none of that matters.

Dak Prescott will likely not earn less than 30M per year(AAV) at any point over the next 8 or 9 seasons. --as a side note Gary Myers was in Dallas before NY and his take was simply false and silly but pandering to Giants fans makes sense in that market. He was second rate here and that has continued on in NYC. You can safely say stupid things that will never be dis-proven and Dak isn't going to be a Free Agent anytime soon to make Gary apologize for his pandering.

Dak Prescott will almost assuredly end his career as the all-time Dallas Cowboys passing leader. He averages almost 250 yards per game passing. That's significantly higher than Romo who was the best of anyone with 20+ starts. Dak was over 300 yards per game last year.

Dak Prescott will likely end up with at least the second most wins in Cowboys history. At this pace, 10 wins a season, he'd pass Tony Romo on his next deal be it 4 years or anything greater. Troy would take him 6 seasons, Roger 5. Troy only had 27 wins through 4 full NFL seasons. Dak is on a pace 13 wins ahead of that. Romo had 6 wins at this age.

Dak Prescott had holes in his game prior to 2019. He would get lazy with footwork and throw some inaccurate passes. He fumbled a bit too much. But 2019 showed a drastic improvement in those areas. And why not. He is using Tom Brady's personal QB coach for development. In 2019 he performed at a rate that was elite. He was a top 5 passer for 2019. His weapons and offense got better this off-season. Potentially markedly so.

Anyone with actual intellect has already grasped all these things. They are completely confused by the so very awful "Dak isn't good" takes. It is really hard to tell if the authors of those takes are trolls, just dumb as dirt, hurt Romo-stans or some other weird affliction. If you hold such a weird opinion perhaps ask yourself to which group you belong and see about removing yourself. Because you are talking out of your butt about our franchise QB.

Great post! Here is another simple truth about Dak.. He has played for virtually peanuts for 4 years with a smile on his face and no one should be blaming him for playing hardball in regards to his contract. The man has earned the right to play the NFL contractual game based on his career so far... Think back to last summer and the Zeke hold out! Half of this forum was crying about Zeke saying we should let him stay in Cabo, but as soon as he was signed the birds stopped chirping...

Bottom line, Dak should be doing everything he can to get what the market can afford to pay him. If he can go to another team and make top dollar why fault him for wanting top dollar to stay with the Cowboys? Sure the payday can hurt the flexibility in regards to building a team around Dak, but we have to remind ourselves that Dak is getting older and has not gotten paid starting QB money yet even though he has earned it. Dak has already been a great soldier, it's time to be a little more forgiving in terms on the villain tag were trying to slap on him.. It's utter nonsense, take that DDS (dak derrangment syndrome) to another forum and don't let the door hit ya... (of course I'm not talking about you, but in general)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Thank you for saying what needs to be said and needs to be understood by so many of the Dak haters here. Even if they protest, they know in the back of their mind that you are right. So don't sweat these morons that think otherwise of Dak. We know the reality of the situation and it bodes well for the Cowboys future. Go Cowboys! :thumbup:

Flamma

Reaction score

This one line should tell you all you need to know about statistics. Two quarterbacks that have accomplished absolutely nothing in a team setting besides their individual stats. Dak's or Romo's career stats mean absolutely nothing. I couldn't give a rodent's posterior how their careers end. If there are no championships or at least a solid run at championships, they're useless. I don't root for QBs, I root for the laundry.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Honestly, I wish they would just get the deal done at around 30 to 33 mil. I think knowledgeable fans know that's about right for his abilities. For much higher than that, fans start to working about the team getting salary cap hamstrung. We don't want to sign Dak and then have the team not be able to afford the talent he needs around him to succeed. I'd rather roll the dice with Dalton and drafting a future QB than try to succeed after giving Dak 40 mil or so. There is a cutoff point where signing Dak no longer makes sense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Much of this is likely true, but the career numbers are based on the assumption that he stays healthy and highly productive for a long time, and those things are not assured. A pace set early in a career often doesn't get sustained.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say. I loved Dak as the face of the Dallas Cowboys too. But while I know Jerry is getting stupidly stubborn over a few million dollars it really turns me off the way Dak is refusing to sign because the record-breaking contract he's been offered would likely mean $47 mil for each of five years instead of the $51m per he'd make over four. Poor Dak. To me that is the height of selfishness. And yes, I know Jerry/the team is just as bad with the multi-millions they make. It all frustrates the crap out of me.
I'm sure a lot of folks feel like you do but this isn't a Dak issue. It's a league and agent issue.
Zeke got paid a fortune at a position of little importance and one with a very short shelf life.
I don't hate him but he was ruthless in his business to get that deal done.
DLaw got every possible cent. But good for him.
The league will roll on without these guys and make even more money when they are gone.

The league's only interest is in making money. They play these guys as a conduit to making even more money.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I want him to get his contract and then I will expect him to deliver. Not "8-8 but look at those stats", deliver. I expect him to elevate us through an NFCE that looks to be getting better and strongly compete for a Super Bowl. Let's go Dak!

Qcard

Reaction score

Now that is a Powerful Post!!
:hammer::clap::starspin::flagwave:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You didn't have the intellect to see through the charade.. tough guy! I care what he did with his contract and season on the line against the Eagles backups. No TDs. Did he get past the 35? I don't think he did. On top of that they played from behind regularly during the season couldn't score early and was middle of the pack in the red zone, yet some still talk about his amazing numbers while comparing him to Aikman and Staubach. LOL
Do you have to prove you are stupid every post or do you give your brain a rest sometimes?

Dak was injured and didn't take a single practice snap before the Eagles game versus a very good defense.
Dak had FOUR straight wins over the Eagles spanning 3 season's before that loss.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup and it is so hard to understand how anyone can fully realize this but yet spend all this time and energy knocking the guy most responsible for their team winning or losing over the next 5 years or so.

There’s a point where aligning to an opinion is more important than evidence to the contrary. It legitimately makes smart people do dumb things. Not to mention dumb people doing dumb things. I don’t get it myself, but we see it happen over and over and over again over the years. There’s no denying that it happens. The turning on Dak isn’t really different than the people turning on Romo a couple years into his starting career. “He’s not a leader,” “he throws too many picks,” “he’s a celebrity QB.” “He’s not worth Big Ben money.” It was a significant proportion of our fan base that outright didn’t believe Tony was a franchise guy, then, too. Not all of them mouthbreathers.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

I wonder if Skins fans were saying the same thing about Kirk Cousins as he signed his 1st franchise tag tender.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The simple truth of Prescott is he's going to require a tilt to the O side with salary cap to give him the type O he needs because he is not a lift the O QB like some other QB's are.

This team has a heavy lean to the O side with 6 O players in the top 6 paid at their position and would have been 7 if Yosemite hadn't retired.

That is what any team that commits to a QB with his level of talent does and they're going to pay him like he's not that and he is exactly that. Stats are for the blind since they cannot see. Anyone that has watched him play knows he has a limited talent range and his inconsistencies are not going away.

That's fine if you can field a D good enough to help you contend but they've not done that. The D is their Achilles, along with the ST.

What's funny are the Daksters using his record as a QB only when that falls, they resort to his stats. Ain't stats great, the top 2 QBs in yardage last season didn't play a down of playoff ball. Just like the old days.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Much of this is likely true, but the career numbers are based on the assumption that he stays healthy and highly productive for a long time, and those things are not assured. A pace set early in a career often doesn't get sustained.
That's fair but probably overstated.
Keep in mind he averaged 300 yards passing last year and they gave him a better starting receiver at TE and the top WR in this class.
He could hit that passing yardage total in very few seasons by simply maintain last year's pace in a league that passes more as time goes by.
It'd shock no one if he averaged 325 yards per game next year.

Wins is always more iffy but we are taking an average of his 4 seasons here and with the talent in hand being at least as good as those other teams.
And a coaching staff that would rate at least a bit better by even Garrett's biggest fans.

QBs simply have long shelf lives generally. Most don't reach peak until about the age 30. That's 3 more full seasons for Dak to even get there.

Romo and Roger started out later in life.
Troy had back and concussion issues.

It doesn't mean Dak will be the best ever Dallas QB but he will likely be the owner of most Dallas QB records.
And that is the guy people are crying about paying.