The Stench of Failure

kskboys

Reaction score
the bad part is the guys who come in here year after year after year, pretending to look at the draft and free agents believe they are fixing crap. It's truly sad. then they get their feathers ruffled when someone points this out. "you guys complain about it's all Jerry and you can't blame the players and coaches" LMAO...so keep looking at the drafts, Old Jerry loves you. good day.
the smell is real.
I was in shock that anyone was defending the TE pick. Even the deepest homer could see w/ the slightest bit of evaluation that the pick made absolutely zero sense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the bad part is the guys who come in here year after year after year, pretending to look at the draft and free agents believe they are fixing crap. It's truly sad. then they get their feathers ruffled when someone points this out. "you guys complain about it's all Jerry and you can't blame the players and coaches" LMAO...so keep looking at the drafts, Old Jerry loves you. good day.
the smell is real.
mememe_baddb1842c59771f8c82fb191e26c30f-1.jpg

With tons of laughs as if anyone takes the Jones Circus seriously they are aching for pain baby..........PAIN!!!!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I would atleast wait until training camp before making any judgements on their offseason.

Hard for me to hate the Zimmer hire, I wouldn't say he flammed out here, but Phillips was coming in with his 3-4 system and had a different defensive vision. Zimmer a couple years later went to the Bengals did a great job building the defense there and did the same thing with the Vikings. The big thing is the Cowboys have to address LB and DT otherwise it will hold his approach back. My only other wonder is if his no bull, hard nosed style will clash with coaches or players and create some division. Probably less of a worry over 1 year and frankly these players need accountability and help with the details.
IMO— whether we hired Zimmer, Rivera, or Vrabel it wouldn’t matter much.

The team is focused on a lot of other things besides football, and the dysfunction within the organization is on full display.

Hard to see them having any consistent success against the better teams in the league.

Ussdelavan

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
I can’t agree more on this post. Freaking failures as organization laid directly at JJ’s feet.

GMO415

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
30 years of outside looking in. Check

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Nope.

They could go 17-0 and it won’t be impressive.

Failure is presumed until they prove otherwise.
I'm with you and agree 100%.... I was talking about some of the homers and some others being all doom and gloom right now. All it will take is a few flashy, stat padding wins against bottom feeding crapfest teams and they will get sucked right back in, pounding their chests and proclaiming a super bowl trip in week 4 of the season. It's the same damn thing every year.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm with you and agree 100%.... I was talking about some of the homers and some others being all doom and gloom right now. All it will take is a few flashy, stat padding wins against bottom feeding crapfest teams and they will get sucked right back in, pounding their chests and proclaiming a super bowl trip in week 4 of the season. It's the same damn thing every year.
I remember back in the day arguing w/ others about it mattering how you win. Yeah, those wins that you don't deserve come back and getcha come playoff time.

kskboys

Reaction score
As a fan from their very first game, I can understand. Difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel and although there will be 30 other teams that feel that way after the Super Bowl tomorrow, we expect more and deserve more. The off season is still full of question marks and zero answers.

Once again we wait to see if the FO really steps forward and sign a few guys that will make a difference in running the ball and stopping the run. That to me is the first step because if they don't then we can and will get the same results of the past 4 years. I liked Quinn but his defense had no one who made a difference in the locker room with attitude and anyone who challenged all the players ever day and especially game day. McCarthy is a good player caller but the man has not a clue on how to manage the clock nor how to change how the defense is playing you, i.e. still running up the middle when the defense knows you are going to day it and taking away any read on WR after initial snap.

The FO, well where to start. They knew before training camp that the OL was a weakness especially at run blocking and yet we did nothing. We never had any WR take the defense away from Lamb, pretty easy to read that we were/had to go that way most of the time. Did we ever see any other WR double covered? Not once. Thank God Ferguson had a breakout season or it would have been worse. No offensive player ever held the team accountable. It was always "you played your best" sort of thing, not "you played like crap, pick it up or get off the f'ing field". Talk about your white collar team. They probably all only drink light beer or white wine.

Need to bring the discipline back for the whole team and hold each player accountable. We need a Charles Haley or Terrell Owens or Troy Aikman. Guys who would tell a guy, tell your f'ing family to shut the f??k up and stop the damn drama. This is football not kindergarten or some chick click, it's about knocking the crap out of the guy across the line from you.

Maybe we should draft the WR prospect from International rugby, Louis Rees-Zammit. He knocks the crap out of anyone, runs over them and scores then after the game says stay out of my way or it will be worse next time. Attitude like that we don't have at all.
And the OL was a strength compared to LB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You could be right. He started this playing S's at LB in ATL already. Deion Jones, but he at least weight 222.
Quinn was excellent the last 3 years are defense was one of the tops in the league. Last year’s playoffs he was masterful. The problem is Shanahan tree schemed teams seemed to know how to attack his fronts. Those Atlanta years really came back to bite Quinn in the end.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We've already got a significant portion of the fan base convincing themselves a failed defensive coordinator is a "great hire".
Are you talking about Quinn or Zimmer?

Martindale had three great seasons but after that, he’s what would probably be considered as “failure” around here.

Not saying Quinn was great but even Belichik wasn’t perfect and he’s one of the greatest defensive minds in history.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm all in every year, it's just the way I'm made.

kskboys

Reaction score
Quinn was excellent the last 3 years are defense was one of the tops in the league. Last year’s playoffs he was masterful. The problem is Shanahan tree schemed teams seemed to know how to attack his fronts. Those Atlanta years really came back to bite Quinn in the end.
LVE played last year.

However, I'm thinking you forgot about how the SF running game ran all over us. 169 yds rushing. Not exactly masterful

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Not one.

Rant over
I would like to amend one of your points...

"Players and their families saying stupid crap online" That should have included yourself as well. By the way, that "stench" you smell is your bad attitude.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Not one.

Rant over
I get it and sense your frustration :mad:. But it comes to a point that we have to just support this team. That doesn't mean you have to be all starry eyed and full of pee and vinegar about it. We can't change crap and can complain to beat beat the band but where does that ever get us as fans? I complain about this team and FO a lot myself. I just decided to pull for who coaches, qb's and the rest of the guys that will be assigned to the 2024 Dallas Cowboys. Nice place to vent here at the Zone though. We are passionate as a collective group of fans desiring greatness. I don't feel one bit sorry for Jerry Jones but for all of the true fans of the Cowboys I do.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Points well taken......I've added the Scouting Department to the Fall Guy list. Can't understand why the team doesn't check the smaller schools or HBCUs for some talent too. Larry Allen, Too Tall Jones, Big E or Nate Newton wouldn't be on this team or perhaps get a look by today's franchise & scouting department. A Kenneth Gant definitely doesn't gets a chance as a role player. We keep running to Michigan now, and previously Boise State for players.....and just have DLaw out of it that hasn't been deemed a project player or marginal. Just sayin'. Help me out if I've missed something.
There are currently 20 HBCU players in the NFL. One of them is a Cowboy.

Markquese Bell

Lance and Luepke are both from the FCS.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think the OP makes a good point. Something is very wrong with this team, and the organization. They're good, but it's like they're also soft. If they get punched in the mouth, it all collapses. When was the last time this Cowboys team came out and challenged the better team by taking them to the brink of defeat? It doesn't happen. I mean similar to what Green Bay and Detroit did to the 49ers? We don't ever do that.

I'm to the point of saying just blow this whole thing up like they did in 1989 and start over. Build a new team and culture. Because this one looks stale.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LVE played last year.

However, I'm thinking you forgot about how the SF running game ran all over us. 169 yds rushing. Not exactly masterful
The defense wore down in the second half. Holding that 49ers offense to 19 points after the offense gave them two turnovers is masterful. We score 24 points we win that game.