The Stench of Failure

DFWJC

Reaction score
This playoff season was brutal.
Blowout Home loss vs a 7 seed
Much worse than last year--where they one and then lost to the 49ers.

Philly actually had a much worse collapse but at least it started mid-season so the expectations were very low by the end of the season.

The Cowboys' one-game collapse was just so extreme.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Man, you're ignoring the talent part of it, same as Jerry.

Don't necessarily disagree w/ the bolded, but the opposite is also true. Coaching won't solve anything if you're undertalented. Sure, it works against the dregs of the league, but you saw what happened when we faced a playoff caliber team. The lack of talent not only showed up, it showed up massively. We couldn't have stopped the run if we wanted to because we lack the personnel.
I'm mostly talking about the Oline. I do agree we need more talent at WR and RB. Plus, Dan Quinn destroyed our Defense. He got rid of the young big beefs who could have been molded into good run stuffers in the middle of the D-line. He also got rid of our 4 - 3 Defense and went to a Nickle D with Safeties as LBs (except for LVE whose neck issue reappeared). Dan Quinn made our Defense smaller thinking speed would make a difference. It did against lesser teams, but it got run on up the gut repeatedly by bigger and badder teams.

morat1959

Reaction score
Being angry or upset is one thing, but if you are walking away from being a fan of your team you really weren’t a fan in the first place.
You are clueless. Jerry loves you. You have an exceptional skill as a mind reader. Get over yourself.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The players on this team especially the "stars" do not care about winning big time playoff football games. They have other priorities. It really shows.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I hear ya. Saw Parsons doing some type of media skit with NFL Network.

I feel the fame of being DC, masks the lingering losing model, this team has fallen into.

They are the Bubble yum of the 80s.

kwcool619

Reaction score
The players on this team especially the "stars" do not care about winning big time playoff football games. They have other priorities. It really shows.
Tonight's KC victory really demonstrated what a Championship culture looks like. An organization who has their priorities correct. It all relates to winning the big money games. Winning Super Bowls. This organization? Me, my paycheck, my brand, and what can do you for me.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Tonight's KC victory really demonstrated what a Championship culture looks like. An organization who has their priorities correct. It all relates to winning the big money games. Winning Super Bowls. This organization? Me, my paycheck, my brand, and what can do you for me.
We are so, so far from the culture and mindset of the two organizations that were on display tonight.

ICP

Reaction score
We are so, so far from the culture and mindset of the two organizations that were on display tonight.
Exactly what I was thinking, Dallas is a circus. It's not even the Ringling Brothers or even Barnum & Bailey, it's the cheap crap that rolls into to town on a train for the weekend and leaves everyone feeling like something was missing.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I liked when during the interview with Chris Berman of ESPN, Mahomes used the word 'mentality'. That made me think of DLaw's comment about being tired and burned out. That mentality lost the GB game before even stepping onto the field.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I liked when during the interview with Chris Berman of ESPN, Mahomes used the word 'mentality'. That made me think of DLaw's comment about being tired and burned out. That mentality lost the GB game before even stepping onto the field.
I am ashamed that D-Law wears the once-proud Star. I never want to see him take another snap for this team.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yup. Poured myself a few over the years.
But it's to a point

But apathy has just turned to anger now. Jerry may be fine with being a punchline— but I’m not sure how to just be ok with putting a crappy product on the field.
You know hawk eye at times I feel your pain I try to just lower my expectations and not get too ticked off about the whole thing.

But it has gotten to a point where there are actual sports shows that make their living off of our in aptitude and making fun of our team

And you're right Jerry can't be embarrassed because he's making too much money off of the team we make no money we just look like fools for following such an embarrassing product.

Looking at Jerry's wife on that NFL honor show said it all it mirrored how our fan base feels as our team was made the punchline on national television.

She sat like we do in disgust while Jerry laughs all the way to the bank

Blackrain

Reaction score
And when some of us say we want to wait until we see how they play after Thanksgiving we are told that we're miserable . Why can't we just enjoy the season. Go find another team. It is groundhog's day.
I hear you brother you have to develop a whole another mindset to be able to enjoy this team and it can't involve winning the super bowl you have to somehow be satisfied with a lesser product because unfortunately our ceiling is maybe winning a playoff game.

Most of us are too old to go find another team we just suffer along looking at the laundry and remembering what was once the pride of the NFL.

CWR

Reaction score
Lol… you’re in the same tunnel bro.

You’ve either already resigned yourself to the crap, or you have fallen for Jerry’s sales pitch that the crap is actually gold.

I guess part of me was still clinging to some kind of “even a broken clock is right twice a day!!” kind of hope that somehow, some way, something positive might happen for us in the postseason.

This GB destruction cured me of that fantasy.

crap-shoot.gif
That GB choke job was brutal. We didn't even show up. Talk about killing hope.

CWR

Reaction score
And when some of us say we want to wait until we see how they play after Thanksgiving we are told that we're miserable . Why can't we just enjoy the season. Go find another team. It is groundhog's day.
Crazy thing even that tactic is no longer relevant. Now we literally have to wait until the first playoff game. Maybe it would be different if we could run and stop the run. Those are probably the keys I'll look for late in the season.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That GB choke job was brutal. We didn't even show up. Talk about killing hope.
For real. It was an absolute disaster.

Of course everyone still wants to get paid elite money even though none of them play elite football when it matters the most.

So we got that goin for us lol

which-is.gif

Reactions: CWR

Jarntt

Reaction score
You are clueless. Jerry loves you. You have an exceptional skill as a mind reader. Get over yourself.
Mind reader? He wrote exactly that you dolt. Talk about being clueless. Being a fan isn't being a little whiny you know what and taking your ball and going home crying when things don't go your way. You take the good with the bad. You are a fan or you aren't. I for one hope all the fake annoying fans like yourself go and become Chiefs fans. It's embarrassing with entitled whiners like you as part of our fan base.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Know when I knew we'd fail? When we took an unneeded TE in the 2nd round. He is a project and a reach and absolutely not needed.

And if you think this doesn't reek of Jerry, simply tell me when MM took TE's high in the draft for no reason?
That pic could have been one of three needed things a defensive tackle and offensive lineman or a running back any of the three would have made us a better team this year spoon maker did nothing for us

kskboys

Reaction score
That pic could have been one of three needed things a defensive tackle and offensive lineman or a running back any of the three would have made us a better team this year spoon maker did nothing for us
Because we didn't need him. Ignoring needs is what gets you Schoonmaker.

Funny thing is, I do like him as a prospect, just in the 4th round.