The Stench of Failure

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No 2 seed has ever lost to a 7 seed. Granted, the 7 seed is relatively new, but being down 27-0 before garbage time stat padding is an absolute new low.

They couldn’t even advance to the divisional round! Some of those other losses you referenced involved losing to better teams, or losing on the road, or losing but at least being somewhat competitive.

This game was a crapfest from start to finish. We had no answers for a less talented team. The coaches laid an egg, the players laid an egg, and the embarrassment on top of loads of futility the previous two embarrassing playoff exits results in this being the worst loss in playoff history.

It’s not just that we gave up the most points in a playoff game in franchise history. We did so at home. Against what was widely considered an inferior opponent.

Worst playoff showing in franchise history.
Why were you surprised bro? Why was anyone surprised with the butt whipping by the Packers? For the past several years, out Oline has sucked! We've struggled to have a legit run game. Our Defense never shows up against good teams. Dak only has 1 legit WR. Plus, Kurt Warner mentioned how for the past 3 straight playoff losses, the pass route designs are horrible, have not been correct but instead set up our QB and WRs to fail. These coaches are mostly to blame. We could have had Patrick Mahomes back there as QB, but even he would have failed with such horrible pass route designs that help the opposing Defense, hurts our QB and WRs, no run game whatsoever and no Defense at all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the OP makes a good point. Something is very wrong with this team, and the organization. They're good, but it's like they're also soft. If they get punched in the mouth, it all collapses. When was the last time this Cowboys team came out and challenged the better team by taking them to the brink of defeat? It doesn't happen. I mean similar to what Green Bay and Detroit did to the 49ers? We don't ever do that.

I'm to the point of saying just blow this whole thing up like they did in 1989 and start over. Build a new team and culture. Because this one looks stale.
Blowing things up will not solve anything. This team is being outphysicalled. This team needs to start getting drilled hard to get them in much better shape and get them capable of physically beating up any opponent. Jimmy Johnson said the same thing when he was coaching in college at Miami.

Flamma

Reaction score
Blowing things up will not solve anything. This team is being outphysicalled. This team needs to start getting drilled hard to get them in much better shape and get them capable of physically beating up any opponent. Jimmy Johnson said the same thing when he was coaching in college at Miami.
I don't disagree. I just think you are only touching on the problem. Something is very wrong in Dallas. I'll admit blowing things up won't help if nothing changes.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Given what happened against the Packers along with the 28 year drought, I don't think it's fair to blame any Cowboys fan for feeling exactly the way the OP feels. We all know that 99.9% of Cowboys fan will recover from the disgust and rant their way back into the bandwagon at some point. I know for myself, I'm not quite sure where I am on the spectrum. I think the 2024 Cowboys can have a winning regular season once again and maybe a 50% chance of getting back into the playoffs. But TBH, I have no confidence in Dak Prescott not choking in big games and the playoffs once again. And I still believe that this last season is probably the peak of the McCarthy era. I like Zimmer in the sense that he's probably the type of DC the Cowboys need right now. But I don't expect miracles either.
Being angry or upset is one thing, but if you are walking away from being a fan of your team you really weren’t a fan in the first place.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why were you surprised bro? Why was anyone surprised with the butt whipping by the Packers? For the past several years, out Oline has sucked! We've struggled to have a legit run game. Our Defense never shows up against good teams. Dak only has 1 legit WR. Plus, Kurt Warner mentioned how for the past 3 straight playoff losses, the pass route designs are horrible, have not been correct but instead set up our QB and WRs to fail. These coaches are mostly to blame. We could have had Patrick Mahomes back there as QB, but even he would have failed with such horrible pass route designs that help the opposing Defense, hurts our QB and WRs, no run game whatsoever and no Defense at all.
Your post reads like you think Dak played an A-1 game with a top performance. It was everyone else who sucked and held Dak back. Am I getting this right?

kskboys

Reaction score
SF's in the super bowl because they blew it up. Cincy also. DET made it to the champ game because they blew it up.

This team is being outphysicalled because they are too small and lack talent. Drilling them, whatever that means, would do nothing. Need better talent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
SF's in the super bowl because they blew it up. Cincy also. DET made it to the champ game because they blew it up.

This team is being outphysicalled because they are too small and lack talent. Drilling them, whatever that means, would do nothing. Need better talent.
Our Oline is as big as any. They simply are being outphysicalled at the line of scrimmage. That falls on lack of being in better shape and being coached properly to become quicker, firing out and getting leverage, then using your size, strength and agility to push your opponent where you want to. Better talent won't solve anything if you're not being coached adequately and properly during the week. You can also learn the playbook inside and out, but if your body is not molded into better shape and your agility, strength and stamina are not improved through proper hard training, you're not going to perform better against someone of equal talent as an Olineman.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your post reads like you think Dak played an A-1 game with a top performance. It was everyone else who sucked and held Dak back. Am I getting this right?
Dak made mistakes, but he was not the reason the game was lost like so many of you are blaming him for.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our Oline is as big as any. They simply are being outphysicalled at the line of scrimmage. That falls on lack of being in better shape and being coached properly to become quicker, firing out and getting leverage, then using your size, strength and agility to push your opponent where you want to. Better talent won't solve anything if you're not being coached adequately and properly during the week. You can also learn the playbook inside and out, but if your body is not molded into better shape and your agility, strength and stamina are not improved through proper hard training, you're not going to perform better against someone of equal talent as an Olineman.
Man, you're ignoring the talent part of it, same as Jerry.

Don't necessarily disagree w/ the bolded, but the opposite is also true. Coaching won't solve anything if you're undertalented. Sure, it works against the dregs of the league, but you saw what happened when we faced a playoff caliber team. The lack of talent not only showed up, it showed up massively. We couldn't have stopped the run if we wanted to because we lack the personnel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak made mistakes, but he was not the reason the game was lost like so many of you are blaming him for.
Dak and our horrible D performance share in the blame 50-50. They were equally as bad.

It's foolish to try to put blame on strictly one or the other when both were terrible.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look they've always blamed the quarterback here no matter what the circumstance yes he didn't put on a Cape be Superman and take a terrible play by the team and turn it into a win that's what they want here they're saying that no matter how many points the defense gave up this offense should have been able to keep pace and they should have scored 45 and won the game that's what they're saying without a run game without a good offensive line without the players executing and with the defense just looking like it was practice for the Green Bay Packers it was like they were in our playbook they literally looked like it was a scrimmage it was just too easy....

The way I look at it is it this defense could have done anything in the second-half say forced three straight non scoring drives out of halftime I think that we would have got back in the game much like the 49ers did would we have won it probably not but there's always an opportunity but it starts with making stop by the defense and they didn't do it from the first drive to the last this was gonna be like the Seattle game except for the O also couldn't move the ball they couldn't score....​
Literally the team collapsed they weren't prepared I like many others was hoping for all the coaches to be replaced because that just looked like a team that wasn't ready to play.. The game plan the play calling the execution all of it was bad and at least Dan Quinn left but I was hoping for a total purge with the coaching staff but now we have what we have and we need to move on and yeah let's blame the quarterback.... It's too easy​

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak and our horrible D performance share in the blame 50-50. They were equally as bad.

It's foolish to try to put blame on strictly one or the other when both were terrible.
How was Dak horrible? Kurt Warner explained both INTs.