***The Super Duper Swag Johnny Football teen beat thread***

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
He can learn from romo over the next 1-3 years and then he can step in.

We need to start worrying about our future qb

He will not be there at our pick.

Several teams will trade up if he slips as far as 8-10 spot.

Now I'd trade up 4-5 spots to get him..

..but that could be risky considering we now need so many starters now.

black label

Reaction score
kanye.gif

coult44

Reaction score
Ju
Any chance there could be a sticky thread or a Manziel Zone for all the d-arse Manziel threads?

All of the good draft talk is going to be ruined and scroll off the page due to the Manziel threads that will continue to get more and more frequent as the draft gets closer.

Ignore them

dstovall5

Reaction score
Why? We need to use the draft picks elsewhere for now ... It's not going to matter who our QB is as long as we have our problems on defense. Whether it's Johnny Manziel or some scrub late in the draft, our mediocrity won't change until we build an actual supporting cast. I'll pass.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Any chance there could be a sticky thread or a Manziel Zone for all the d-arse Manziel threads?

All of the good draft talk is going to be ruined and scroll off the page due to the Manziel threads that will continue to get more and more frequent as the draft gets closer.

No.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
If a great QB falls and we pass on him, then we're doomed for the next 5 to 8 years.

There are a number of highly rated QBs graduating or declaring for the April draft.

Next year is going to be a really watered down crop of QBs and even for '16

So who or what is going to be left for a draft pick will really require the Cowboys to be drafting
In the top 3 in '16 or '17 to get a quality QB.

..which means you would have to lose a lot of games to be picking like that..top 3.

..so when does the bottom fall out?

I say BEFORE the bottom drops..

DRAFT a QB NOW

perrykemp

Reaction score
I'm going to say this despite the fact the analytic and rational side of my brain says it's a bad decision --- Yes. Yes. Yes.

Please don't ask me why -- I got nothing.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will be ok with drafting Manziel but he will be gone way before 16 so this discussion is really moot.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nobody knows if he'll be a bust or not.

Love folks who assume someone will be good or not. Nobody knows.

A larger portion of discussion on a football forum is speculation. Speculating on whether any QB is going to be good or not seems pretty commonplace for this message board.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I would if I was Jerry. It would get a good number of fans excited again, even with Garrett entrenched as HC and it would get the Cowboys all over the news even more so.

MikeT22

Reaction score
No. Don't think his game will translate to NFL. Can't play backyard football all day at the next level, especially at his size.
But he is entertaining, so I'm sure Jerry's interest would be peaked if he's on the board when we select.