***The Super Duper Swag Johnny Football teen beat thread***

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I never said he was . I'm comparing the height . Someone said short qbs don't play well . I would argue Brees and Wilson are two of top 8 qbs in the entire league .

Oh by the way Manziel is more talented than Wilson .

That's fine but I'm not comparing his height. I'm saying that Manziel is not Wilson or Brees. And oh, BTW, Wilson is a much, much better QB then Manziel.

dupree89

Reaction score
He can learn from romo over the next 1-3 years and then he can step in.

We need to start worrying about our future qb

I cant remember who I heard say it recently, but I totally agree: In todays NFL, guys you draft in the first three rounds, need to play immediately and make an impact. And especially in the first round. If I draft a QB in the first round (which I wouldn't) then I hand the team to him immediately.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No, I don't take him. I'd trade the pick if the offer was good. Otherwise I focus on positions of need on the DL, Safety, OLB, and OL. Especially the DL. I am on record as wanting RaShede Hageman DT from Minnesota. Which means like all my recent years pet cats he will rise like crazy and ruin my dreams.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
That's fine but I'm not comparing his height. I'm saying that Manziel is not Wilson or Brees. And oh, BTW, Wilson is a much, much better QB then Manziel.

I disagree , manziel is a special talent . You can't even compare their college careers manziel blows him out of water .If Johnny football is there he will be a Cowboy !

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd consider taking him. We need to draft a QB very soon. We're not 'one' or 'two' pieces away. We need to find our next QB so we can start building around him over the years.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

Not so fast -- the thing scouts like about him is his accuracy. Plus he makes plays much like Wilson and remember this is a guy who absolutely toyed with Alabama -- twice.

You better be careful underestimating Manziel.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
He can learn from romo over the next 1-3 years and then he can step in.

We need to start worrying about our future qb

NO.

Worry about Jerry trying to trade up to get Manziel b/c Manziel will make for a "good show"

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
NO.

Worry about Jerry trying to trade up to get Manziel b/c Manziel will make for a "good show"

I'm totally against trading up for anyone . But if he is there@ 16 we have to take him . Romo is 33 and just had back surgery . There is nothing wrong with investing in the future and being set for life after Romo . Having said that the chances he is @16 is probably slim .

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
No! Trade the pick! Our issues has nothing to do with our QB.

biggest romo fan ever right here, but the fact is you have to start worrying about the future. as i said in my OP, he can learn behind romo for 1-3 years and hopefully a few more.

i want tony to start here for awhile still. but just in case, you have to have a good situation for the future. nobody here knows if he'll be good or a bust, so in saying that, theres no reason to at least be hopeful that he can be a future star for us. he is elusive and thats how the NFL is thee days. in the playoffs right now, its all mobile QBs and the exceptions are future HOFers. johnny football is excellent at evading the rush. just like tony was and hopefully still can be.

there isn't a bigger fan of tony romo than myself, and unlike many here, i appreciate everything he's done and i realize that without him we don't even get to week 17 to have our hearts ripped out. he is our only hope in these dark times of garrett and process.

The Natural

Reaction score
biggest romo fan ever right here, but the fact is you have to start worrying about the future. as i said in my OP, he can learn behind romo for 1-3 years and hopefully a few more.

i want tony to start here for awhile still. but just in case, you have to have a good situation for the future. nobody here knows if he'll be good or a bust, so in saying that, theres no reason to at least be hopeful that he can be a future star for us. he is elusive and thats how the NFL is thee days. in the playoffs right now, its all mobile QBs and the exceptions are future HOFers. johnny football is excellent at evading the rush. just like tony was and hopefully still can be.

there isn't a bigger fan of tony romo than myself, and unlike many here, i appreciate everything he's done and i realize that without him we don't even get to week 17 to have our hearts ripped out. he is our only hope in these dark times of garrett and process.

Trust me romo doesn't have 3 more years. If we somehow land Manziel they'll be calling for him to start by week 6

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes...I've been clear about my desire for Manziel. I'd even trade up to the Rams second spot to get him no matter what the cost. I mean, we gave up two 1st for Joey Galloway and a 1st for Roy Williams. I'd easily give up our 1st and 2nd round picks in this draft and next years to get him.

I WANT JOHNNY FOOTBALL ON THIS TEAM! He represents everything this team has lacked recently: confidence, bravado, brashness, leadership, etc. He'd be the most hated player on the most hated team and he would relish in the opportunity to be that guy.

The only guy I'm trading up for is Clowney. Put him at right end, move Ware to the left side and suddenly some people will realize how good Romo is when Dallas can actually pressure the QB on every passing down.

Of course, Dallas needs more than just Clowney to fix this D.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
im not trading anything to move up.

if he's there at 16, we go for it. if not, then we move on and worry about other things since we have holes all over the place. then grab a QB in 3rd or 4th round. Romo is still the man currently.