***The T.O. Thread***

Silverstar

Reaction score
Z-Man said:
Actually it was supposed to be because Key's contract situation might end up getting messy. That's what Mort said, not because the 2 players can't co-exist on the same team.

I guess his thoughts are we won't keep him on the team at his current cap charge and Key won't want to negotiate it down.

With Dallas being 20+ million under the cap, I don't think KJ's contract will be a problem.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Dunno if this info is new to anyone but on DC.com it had this article that mentioned TO at the end. at first i thot nobody would be interested in trading 4 TO when obviously if he didnt wanna go there he would just make a scene and game over team but it said he had 27 teams interested in trading for him. Anyone think there is truth to this or TO bs ing like he the man again?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=E1B5997B-C763-B0AE-4B6A5A54B103F110

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Wolf2k5 said:
Dunno if this info is new to anyone but on DC.com it had this article that mentioned TO at the end. at first i thot nobody would be interested in trading 4 TO when obviously if he didnt wanna go there he would just make a scene and game over team but it said he had 27 teams interested in trading for him. Anyone think there is truth to this or TO bs ing like he the man again?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=E1B5997B-C763-B0AE-4B6A5A54B103F110

TO did not state that 27 cubs were interested in trading for him the Eagles owner did :)

Z-Man

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
With Dallas being 20+ million under the cap, I don't think KJ's contract will be a problem.
It's not the cap that's the problem.
Mort is saying Keyshawn is not going to be satisfied for what he's going to get paid next year - his contract salary figure is low. And I don't see them giving Key a raise since he's 34 years old.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Time for the TO dance on the Eagle..lol

Oh man... LMAO.... that would be golden!
I bet no one on the Eagles takes him out when he does it.... maybe Hugh Dougles....
:laugh2:
Phoenix Talon wouldnt be upset or anything I am sure:rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
Stop making fun of my typing! MR. GRAMMER MAN!

Tally hoe...(lets just hope that the T.O. man don't become a Dallas Cowboy, OK)? Because if he does...

Got milk?

:laugh2:

LOL... please add "got kleenex" because Phoenix Talon is gonna be crying....
:laugh1:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
It's not the cap that's the problem.
Mort is saying Keyshawn is not going to be satisfied for what he's going to get paid next year - his contract salary figure is low. And I don't see them giving Key a raise since he's 34 years old.

For a "win now" run and with BP in BIG D. I wouldnt be suprised if we see Key, Glenn and TO.

and... they give Key some sort of raise.... last run with his daddy... Bill Parcells...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Didnt Keyshawn make about 50M from this last contract. Or did he sign a new contract with the Cowboys ?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n said:
whoa no way, Keyshawn was never signed for 50m

Sure he did. His contract with the Bucs was a six year deal worth over 50M.

The Cowboys traded for Galloway for Keyshawn didnt they ? Meaning he made all of that money.

QT

Reaction score
Sportscenter just mentioned something about TO and Dallas...

felix360

Reaction score
just heard somethin on espn that the cowboys replacing T.O. for Keyshawn??? why the hell would the cowboys do that??? well i'll post details when they talk about it.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
felix360 said:
just heard somethin on espn that the cowboys replacing T.O. for Keyshawn??? why the hell would the cowboys do that??? well i'll post details when they talk about it.

ESPN has been talkin' that silly crapola for months now... it's speculation, without any real substance...

BTW, Felix, I just noticed you're an El Paso boy, now I feel a kinship with you... I grew up in El Paso, lived over on Tropicana Avenue... they built Terrace Hills Elementary School across the street from my house, and I went to Andress High the first year it opened... that summer, Dad was transferred from Fort Bliss to Germany, and we moved out of El Paso, but I went back there to go to UTEP in 1970 and 71...

Majored in golf, minored in Juarez... which was a VERY liberal education, I'm sure I don't have to explain to you what I mean, LOL...

I really loved the desert, still do...

felix360

Reaction score
Mort just said that Keyshawn's contract situation might blow up, i guess cuz he's owed a 1 million bonus on march 15, basically he said if that happens the cowboys will bring in the T.O. hmmm very interesting

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Posted on Fri, Mar. 10, 2006
Low interest in T.O. as days as Bird dwindle

By LES BOWEN

bowenl@phillynews.com

Now that free agency is finally about to begin, at 1 minute past midnight tonight, the clock is again ticking on the Eagles' possession of Terrell Owens' rights.
The Eagles will owe T.O. a $5 million roster bonus if he is on their roster as of the fifth day of the new NFL year. Free agency begins the year, so unless there is some new twist, before Tuesday is over, the divorce at last will be official between the All-Pro wide receiver and the Birds.
Of course, the Eagles are free to release him any time before then, and could do so as soon as today, if they wanted to minimize the media attention, with their fans more interested in reported pending free-agent signings.
All the uncertainty over where the salary cap would end up before the new collective bargaining agreement was reached might have dampened speculation over Owens' new destination. The Denver Broncos invited him for a chat last month, but they have seemed no more than lukewarm since. Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, huddled with Dallas coach Bill Parcells at the NFL scouting combine a few weeks ago. And the Kansas City Chiefs' new coach, Herman Edwards, has indicated his interest.
Yesterday, Chiefs president Carl Peterson told the Kansas City Star he would take Owens, but only in a bare-bones, 1-year deal. It's hard to say for sure, but Owens, 32, might have to take such a contract to try to rebuild his reputation.
"If Terrell and his agent are interested in a 1-year contract with no guarantees and a lot of incentives, then we're interested," Peterson told the paper, for today's editions. "He knows that, and his representative knows that. They haven't called me back on that yet, and they may not call me back."
Peterson said the Owens situation isn't the first thing on his plate.
"That's a very distant thing," he said. "I'm not focused on that right now. We'll have to see how things go."

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I certainly have no interest in him whatsoever and am praying that Dallas will have nothing to do with him despite all the rumors from ESPN and the puzzling desire of many Cowboys fans for him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
and this is surprising why exactly?

this guy committed suicide for himself in terms of money and his reputation last yr...everyone and their mother knew it and said it at the time

David