The TB loss is on?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not true though. Diggs nearly had a game winning interception because lawrence pressured brady and forced a bad throw, he came within inches of knocking the ball out of brady's hands.

“within inches”

Look I am happy to see that they didn’t get blown out and Dak played great. They are 0-1 though. No sacks were recorded. I am too lazy to look but Brady pressures was probably next to none. The DL didn’t do the job. Period.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Our DE's (mostly Gregory) for not being able to get ANY pressure on Brady.

MikeB80

Reaction score
“within inches”

Look I am happy to see that they didn’t get blown out and Dak played great. They are 0-1 though. No sacks were recorded. I am too lazy to look but Brady pressures was probably next to none. The DL didn’t do the job. Period.

hey they ignore the defensive line year after year with mid level free agents and aging players who do not sack the qb in lawrence and gregory.

having said that, Brady simply does not let himself get hit. They had pressure its just the flip side of that is good coverage. The middle of the field was wide open all night. Its just too hard with a bad defense to get to brady.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No pressure? Are you kidding me? Watch the game again. Zero sacks, yes. Though at least two of the offensive holding penalties prevented more pressure and possibly 1 or 2 sacks.
But he did get pressure. Not enough, but it's the first game, let's not hit the panic button.

Besides, Brady was sacked 21 times all last year, a 20 year veteran qb with a quick release isn't going to be sacked much. Dallas isn't, and won't be, unique in that regard...
Where did I hit the panic button? Where exactly? The OP asked the question. I provided my answer. My answer is factual. The DL did little. Quit being so damn sensitive.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
hey they ignore the defensive line year after year with mid level free agents and aging players who do not sack the qb in lawrence and gregory.

having said that, Brady simply does not let himself get hit. They had pressure its just the flip side of that is good coverage. The middle of the field was wide open all night. Its just too hard with a bad defense to get to brady.
I agree but they have a 100 million dollar guy that is supposed to be a star. He did very little again. The DTs were invisible. When Dorance Armstrong is your best DL on a night you know it’s bad. We will see. Hopefully Gallimore can help get a push in the middle.

Reaction score
1. Red zone offense.
2. Kicker-4 points missed would have forced a TD.
3. Defense that gave Brady all night.
4. Front office that hasn't fixed kicker & pass rush.

shabazz

Reaction score
This team is several years and different personnel away from the promised land

The defense isnt ready for prime time (but is showing improvement) and I fear Zeke is never gonna regain his first 3 years greatness.

I still can’t believe the game was that close and honestly, because the Cowboys schedule after this game is so easy (statistically) I was just hoping that our main goal was to get out of this game Injury free

The Cowboys put up a good contest on National TV

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Where did I hit the panic button? Where exactly? The OP asked the question. I provided my answer. My answer is factual. The DL did little. Quit being so damn sensitive.

Don't agree the DL did "little", they could have done better, and I think they will as the season goes on.

And "Brady was nearly untouched all night." sounds like "hitting the panic button", because he wasn't nearly untouched.

Make you a deal, I'll quit being so damn sensitive if you'll quit being so all or nothing. Okay?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think Tampa won this game more than we lost it. Defense has holes, but they got 4 turnovers. Offense was mostly spectacular, but lamb had some costly drops, Running game struggled, and the OL was good not great.

obvious blame is the kicker, but Anthony brown costs us more points than Greg the leg. Hell even the interception through lambs hands was probably a bigger factor. This team for the most part played to its abilities, Tampa was just better. Good news is I see a lot of opportunities for young guys to get better.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Don't agree the DL did "little", they could have done better, and I think they will as the season goes on.

And "Brady was nearly untouched all night." sounds like "hitting the panic button", because he wasn't nearly untouched.

Make you a deal, I'll quit being so damn sensitive if you'll quit being so all or nothing. Okay?
Lol. All or nothing? They lost. They should have won. Period. A good team beats the Chargers so we will see.

Bizwah

Reaction score
The TB loss is on Tampa. They were simply the better team. We played hard....we played well...it wasn't enough. We will improve. We are young, talented, but raw.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Lol. All or nothing? They lost. They should have won. Period. A good team beats the Chargers so we will see.

Yes they should have won. If it was the Super Bowl, then that means the end of the season, but we've got another 16 games to go.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Where do you lay the blame for this loss?

Tampa 31 Dallas 29

1. The offense
2. Deffense
3. Special teams
4. Front office

A case can be made for each of these as the main culprit in this close loss. We already know our defense will be suspect at best. Winning the turnover battle 3-1 wasn't enough. It's criminal how the front office wouldn't bring in a viable kicker all off-season with zeurline out having surgery. He came back and looked bad and still they did nothing. Missed a FG and XP but don't forget Tampa went for a FG to win the game on purpose, they could have easily scored a TD. They should have stashed zeurline on it untill he was ready but it's too late now. But really I believe with how this team is built this loss is on the offense. We are supposed to be offensive juggernauts. We move the ball so we'll untill we get to the red zone and then we fail to score TD's yet again. This team can not afford to waste these opportunities.

What's y'all's perspective?
Red Zone offense

Praxit

Reaction score
..total team loss. Though higher percent on kicker. XP and short FG should be fundamental. I guess not..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I blame the SB champions Tampa Bay who gave up 28 points to a 6-10 team in their own house! :lmao2:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Blame Game

* Kicker - lost easy gimme points in a game we lost by 2
* Red Zone Offense - That's on everyone. Figure it out.
* Defensive Line - That was a good OLine we played but need some sacks to win
* Lamb - Why the drops?
* Coach Mike - Coach ultimately takes the blame for all of it. 60 yard field goal? Can dominate the whole game for TOP, still lose, and also still not manage TOP in the final series that mattered the most?
* Darwin's Blocking
* Quinn's defensive assignment confusion, young guys will improve though
* Brown stood out, but our pass coverage in general stunk. Good news is we don't play Brady-Gronk-Brown-Evans every week.

Flawless Victory

* Our new strength and conditioning coach
* Offensive line except for the end with Vea
* Dak, except for the red zone struggles
* Coop
* Zeke's Blocking
* Kellen Moore, he keeps doing this, we will lose him to a HC job

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
1. FO: for yet again saddling us with garbage at DT and safety

2. ST/kicker