The TB loss is on?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where do you lay the blame for this loss?

Tampa 31 Dallas 29

1. The offense
2. Deffense
3. Special teams
4. Front office

A case can be made for each of these as the main culprit in this close loss. We already know our defense will be suspect at best. Winning the turnover battle 3-1 wasn't enough. It's criminal how the front office wouldn't bring in a viable kicker all off-season with zeurline out having surgery. He came back and looked bad and still they did nothing. Missed a FG and XP but don't forget Tampa went for a FG to win the game on purpose, they could have easily scored a TD. They should have stashed zeurline on it untill he was ready but it's too late now. But really I believe with how this team is built this loss is on the offense. We are supposed to be offensive juggernauts. We move the ball so we'll untill we get to the red zone and then we fail to score TD's yet again. This team can not afford to waste these opportunities.

What's y'all's perspective?

Red Zone ineptness to score TD, again and again, year after year.......:(

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I blame the whole Cowboys organization.

There's, obviously, plenty left to be finished.

Those responsible know where they fell short.

Now is the time to get busy and correct it, ASAP.

Last edited:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
This team is several years and different personnel away from the promised land

The defense isnt ready for prime time (but is showing improvement) and I fear Zeke is never gonna regain his first 3 years greatness.

I still can’t believe the game was that close and honestly, because the Cowboys schedule after this game is so easy (statistically) I was just hoping that our main goal was to get out of this game Injury free

The Cowboys put up a good contest on National TV
Zeke is not what he was as a rookie but there was no room to run anywhere for either RB. Plus this OC and staff are not good with the run game. They should use short passes to RBs as a substitute for the run game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Tampa 31 Dallas 29

1. The offense
2. Deffense
3. Special teams
4. Front office

A case can be made for each of these as the main culprit in this close loss. We already know our defense will be suspect at best. Winning the turnover battle 3-1 wasn't enough. It's criminal how the front office wouldn't bring in a viable kicker all off-season with zeurline out having surgery. He came back and looked bad and still they did nothing. Missed a FG and XP but don't forget Tampa went for a FG to win the game on purpose, they could have easily scored a TD. They should have stashed zeurline on it untill he was ready but it's too late now. But really I believe with how this team is built this loss is on the offense. We are supposed to be offensive juggernauts. We move the ball so we'll untill we get to the red zone and then we fail to score TD's yet again. This team can not afford to waste these opportunities.

I see the win, is on Gronkowski. I don’t think we lost team with the ball last won

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I blame the whole Cowboys organization.

There's, obviously, plenty left to be finished.

Those responsible know where they fell short.

Now is the time to get busy and correct it, ASAP.
I think it was Gronkowski that killed us. The team with the ball last won . In my opinion it was a great game. Especially for an opener

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke is not what he was as a rookie but there was no room to run anywhere for either RB. Plus this OC and staff are not good with the run game. They should use short passes to RBs as a substitute for the run game.
Zeke was way better than his rookie season. Outstanding pass blocking

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tampa 31 Dallas 29

1. The offense
2. Deffense
3. Special teams
4. Front office

The game was winnable.
While each unit made mistakes, the kicking game was the weakest link in their effort to win.
ST unit was awful - kicking and coverage.
Offense did well passing; Dak and the Oline performed much better than feared. Cee Dee is still making drops that could have cost us. Good thing the Bucs didn't hang on to a couple of Dak's passes. Running game was not good - Zeke's play was handicapped by the play calls and the TE's bad blocking. Pollard was more effective.
Defense collected 4 turnovers; they did their best against the GOAT and his Oline. Brown wasn't good.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Tampa 31 Dallas 29

1. The offense
2. Deffense
3. Special teams
4. Front office

Why isn't Head Coach an option?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it was Gronkowski that killed us. The team with the ball last won . In my opinion it was a great game. Especially for an opener

I'm not down on the team for the way they performed. They did their part by performing better than anyone expected. I think the FO was mainly what cost us the game by not replacing Zuerlein with the guy that was cut. They rushed him back before he was ready. The ST units failed, yet again, as well, by allowing those long runbacks. But yes, it was a great game -- no disputing that. Overall, I was quite encouraged by their performance. I do think Anthony Brown must be replaced, though, if they can find someone to do better.

Last edited:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The game was winnable.
While each unit made mistakes, the kicking game was the weakest link in their effort to win.
ST unit was awful - kicking and coverage.
Offense did well passing; Dak and the Oline performed much better than feared. Cee Dee is still making drops that could have cost us. Good thing the Bucs didn't hang on to a couple of Dak's passes. Running game was not good - Zeke's play was handicapped by the play calls and the TE's bad blocking. Pollard was more effective.
Defense collected 4 turnovers; they did their best against the GOAT and his Oline. Brown wasn't good.
Pollard wasn’t more effective, neither RB really got a chance. Zeke was big time in pass blocking. Moore/MM are not good with the run game/scheme. Wish we could scheme the backs in short passing game but always seem to be covered.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
The front 4 on the DLine. That's the number one reason w/ no close 2nd.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard wasn’t more effective, neither RB really got a chance. Zeke was big time in pass blocking. Moore/MM are not good with the run game/scheme. Wish we could scheme the backs in short passing game but always seem to be covered.
True. Tampa had it figured out!

lqmac1

Reaction score
We lost to the defending Super Bowl champions on the road so it’s not the end of the world.
The reason we lost that game is plain and simple. It was our red zone offense. Not the OPI, not Greg, not the defense, not the drops, not the playcalling.

It was our red zone offense!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Special Teams
Offense
Front Office
Defense

That order. They probably lost the game on the missed kicks and then not getting 7 pts on the goalline. FO continues to ignore the DT position so Brady was pretty comfortable stepping up in the pocket all game.
Everything always starts with the front office. The quality of the roster starts there.