The Third Big Injury Yesterday

Kaiser

Reaction score
That's how I know its personal with some people. You can't even admit when a guy you dislike has a good game.....smh.

"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Short of crimes off the field, there is nothing that can make me hate a player I've never met like some of these people do for no reason at all.

We are also talking with the guy who made up the salary category of "money he took home this year" because Smith's contract had a signing bonus just like 99% of the other NFL contracts. By that standard, Russell Wilson took home 53 Million dollars this year.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? We are talking about yesterday not his "40 plus games"...you are just looking for something to ***** about. He had a good game yesterday. End of story.
He is what he is. That's inclusive of yesterday as well as his overall body of work. Some think that he played a good/great game vs NY but I witnessed the same ole mediocrity. Go Cowboys.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I never noticed him stop doing it.....I think the biggest issue was he wasn't making enough plays to even do the swipe lol.

He def stopped ....if you get a chance, go back a review his first three games after making a tackle vs yesterday.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Three big injuries yesterday:

1 - the heartbreaking injury to Dak Prescott

2 - the knee injury of Trysten Hill

3 - the typing hand injury to all the posters saying Jaylon Smith sucks. They all left the field in the second quarter.

Smith was all over the field with 14 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He has the talent if he isn't trying to cover for blown assignments by other players. And he will be even better when LVE is back and covering a big section of turf.

1 game makes up for 20? Let’s see some consistency before we talk about him being good. This was also against the worst offense in the league. What was he rated before yesterdays game? The 54th linebacker?

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Short of crimes off the field, there is nothing that can make me hate a player I've never met like some of these people do for no reason at all.

We are also talking with the guy who made up the salary category of "money he took home this year" because Smith's contract had a signing bonus just like 99% of the other NFL contracts. By that standard, Russell Wilson took home 53 Million dollars this year.
Let's not be stuck on stupid and glued on goofy today. Nothing I said was inaccurate nor am I falsifying facts in order to obfuscate the truth. As usual #54 was ice skating vs the run thereby negating his overall impact as a starting LB. He's fleecing Jerry's pockets not mine so conjecture is always absent when I evaluate any player.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Let's not be stuck on stupid and glued on goofy today. Nothing I said was inaccurate nor am I falsifying facts in order to obfuscate the truth. As usual #54 was ice skating vs the run thereby negating his overall impact as a starting LB. He's fleecing Jerry's pockets not mine so conjecture is always absent when I evaluate any player.

You are a blind hater grasping at straws. Your Jaylon posts are the same as writing "Amari Cooper doesn't catch enough deep balls, so he sucks".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing that stuck out to me in DLaw’s post game interview was when he was asked if the defense communicated better with Nolan on the sideline, DLaw responded by saying yes the communication between the DC and their middle linebacker was better. Was he passing the buck?
They showed Nolan on the sideline, showing Jaylon what happened on the Giants' previous TD drive, so it seems like DLaw's comment was probably accurate.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is stating the obvious. Its a new defense and normally they would need a full preseason to get all the adjustments down so the player making the calls on the field has less to do at the line. The first few games were the actual preseason and it showed. Now they have had a little time to settle in, the improvement was pretty obvious when you look at all the blown coverages against the Falcons and compare that to this game.

Unless the rule has changed, booth coaches can't talk directly to the player with the comm connected helmet. The booth coach tells a sideline coach the play and that coach relays the play to the player with the helmet headset.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Unless the rule has changed, booth coaches can't talk directly to the player with the comm connected helmet. The booth coach tells a sideline coach the play and that coach relays the play to the player with the helmet headset.

I meant the line calls that the defensive captain has to make for position adjustments when the offense comes to the line. In those early games with a lot of blown coverages it was obvious the players weren't in sync with the defensive scheme and the confusion was causing breakdowns. I think Jaylon and most of the other players were having to cover mistakes early on but some of that smoothed out yesterday as players got better at executing the defense.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Three big injuries yesterday:

1 - the heartbreaking injury to Dak Prescott

2 - the knee injury of Trysten Hill

3 - the typing hand injury to all the posters saying Jaylon Smith sucks. They all left the field in the second quarter.

Smith was all over the field with 14 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He has the talent if he isn't trying to cover for blown assignments by other players. And he will be even better when LVE is back and covering a big section of turf.

Jaylon was great yesterday.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Meanwhile, your finger muscles were in atrophy waiting to declare Jaylon had his first “great” game since 2018.

Jaylon played better, but he’s set the bar so low that when he makes a play any average NFL should make you think he’s done something special.

People that understand the game having been seeing the holes in Jaylon’s game for a long time. You’re not among that group which explains your brain dead original post.

Troy Hambrick registered a couple 100+ yard games in his career. Doesn’t mean he should considered a great back.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
One game doesn't cut it, ESPECIALLY when it's against the hapless, Barkley-less Giants. Let's see how he does over the next month, against better competition (well, against the 2 non-NFC East opponents anyway :eek: )

Until then, I'll keep on typing that he definitely needs to get better against the run AND in pass coverage, especially on PA passes. He's too often out of position, looking like a squirrel in the middle of the road trying to decide which tree to run towards as the car approaches. I need Jaylon in the film room, studying the opposing team's tendencies, so he can start anticipating the area of the field they like to attack, on runs and PA passes.

Time for him to take his game to the next level.
That should be the standard but we'll just have to eek out the handful of games we get from Sean Lee and hope that Robert Quinn will sell our Dline some of his PEDS or we're doomed as a defense.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Meanwhile, your finger muscles were in atrophy waiting to declare Jaylon had his first “great” game since 2018.

Jaylon played better, but he’s set the bar so low that when he makes a play any average NFL should make you think he’s done something special.

People that understand the game having been seeing the holes in Jaylon’s game for a long time. You’re not among that group which explains your brain dead original post.

Troy Hambrick registered a couple 100+ yard games in his career. Doesn’t mean he should considered a great back.
TRUTH!!!!! The logic of some of these posters are congruent with several of the foolish decisions made by our FO. I can't prove it but these have to be the gullible sheep buying merchandise & tickets as most knowledgeable fans wouldn't put a wooden nickel in our deluded owner's pocket.

Kaiser

Reaction score

A Troll is in trouble, so the bat signal goes out for Cal Poly!!!

"People that understand the game" are NFL coaches and they were part of voting Jaylon into the Pro Bowl last year. Meanwhile the Cow Cow Cavalcade is trying to bail out troll posts that everyone else laughs at.

Aven8

Reaction score
Every now and again, even a blind squirrel finds a nut. ;)