The trade back was a thing of beauty!

Aven8

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is there DE, DT, WR. All needs.

Not having that 4th was a killer going into the draft but with the trade it’s opened the whole thing up! We could even use our own 3rd for Michael Pratt if we get our LB and RB with the first two pick’s tonight. Lots of variables here.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is their DE, DT, WR. All needs.

Not having that 4th was a killer going into the draft but with the trade it’s opened the whole thing up! We could even use our own 3rd for Michael Pratt if we get our LB and RB with the first two pick’s tonight. Lots of variables here.
Best move in quite a while.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is their DE, DT, WR. All needs.

I was in shock and ecstatic at the trade!!!! Awesomely done, Jerry.

Aven8

Reaction score
We need multiple players.

Last draft was a failure and free agency has been a failure.

Also, we are overpaying guys like Dak.

We need a lot of cheap talent.
That’s all they basically said in the presser the other day. Time for the young guys to step up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Posters like Marathon feels we don't need the extra picks, but hey that's his opinion it's all good. It was a thing of beauty, you could tell they weren't picking anyone, usually when they have the pick in, everyone is giving high fives etc etc, you can tell they were fielding calls. They had a plan and it worked out I'm happy!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Value wise I'm a huge fan of the trade back. Personally I would have rather stayed at 24 and taken Barton, but lets see how it plays out. Guyton certainly has the physical tools so I wont sour on him this quick.

The big issue to me is that the Cowboys put themselves in a position where they needed to trade back to grab another mid round pick because they desperately need it to hit on an immediate starter. Odds are just not in their favor there.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is there DE, DT, WR. All needs.

Was fired up for the trade back, should hopefully give us an opportunity for an early contributor.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I was in shock and ecstatic at the trade!!!! Awesomely done, Jerry.
hey hey give me my credit, wasn't I saying this a bit ago lol. Just kidding but I'm happy they did it, I almost shed a tear!!! BUT, the big thing is how are they going to use it!!?????

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Value wise I'm a huge fan of the trade back. Personally I would have rather stayed at 24 and taken Barton, but lets see how it plays out. Guyton certainly has the physical tools so I wont sour on him this quick.

The big issue to me is that the Cowboys put themselves in a position where they needed to trade back to grab another mid round pick because they desperately need it to hit on an immediate starter. Odds are just not in their favor there.
hopefully it's not the last trade down for this draft

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
hopefully it's not the last trade down for this draft
Quantity isn't always the best answer though. Sometimes you have to just take the best player on your board and be happy with it. Once you get outside the top 50 picks most years the success rate drops significantly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
shoulda taken a QB.

stats.
No they shouldn't, shock drama quotes commence.

you know how many quarterbacks went in the first round and more than half of them will fail and many of them were reaches I mean bo nix could be the next drew lock and even Penix they say ATL reached for that and it didn't even make sense for the Falcons to do that... they could have waited and got one of them..

so no, no quarterback should have been taken and people who keep saying nonsense like this are just being ridiculous and looking for attention the worst pick possible in the first round would have been a quarterback the second would have been a wide receiver.... The front office did a smart thing they got a really good player which they needed and they had a third round pick which is higher than the one they had literally only could have been better if the fans would all just be happy but they won't they had their guys again just like in free agency which by the way Cowboys will pick up a lot of undrafted free agents and some of the veteran free agents that are left and this is gonna look a whole lot different two weeks from now than all this nonsense we've heard over the last two weeks about how bad the offseason has been...

It's a good thing the front office doesn't try to appease the fans and they just are trying as a professional group to get the best players that fit this team within the restrictive salary caps and roster limits and all that kind of noise they block out the noise they gotta get who they wanna get and this was good and they're gonna be some of these little outlier responses like yours that just are ridiculous..

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
If we didn't make they trade, we would probably be looking at 2nd round type players dropping to the third round and hoping they would fall to us (not likely). There's a much better chance one of those players falls to us at pick 73. Whether the Cowboys actually take one of those players remains to be seen.