The trade back was a thing of beauty!

EST_1986

Reaction score
Posters like Marathon feels we don't need the extra picks, but hey that's his opinion it's all good. It was a thing of beauty, you could tell they weren't picking anyone, usually when they have the pick in, everyone is giving high fives etc etc, you can tell they were fielding calls. They had a plan and it worked out I'm happy!
he also thinks Dak is a good QB, so the football knowledge is ehh

Jipper

Reaction score
I’d like to see a couple more moves to bring on a few more young talented guys…they have some ammo now to move around without giving up future picks

Aven8

Reaction score
Agreed. Ultimately the issue is the lack of activity in free agency, not the draft. Can you imagine the flexibility they would have had they gone out and gotten at least a couple of band aid fixes for 2024? Not big money guys, but even just a vet DT and WR on reasonable 1-2 year deals could have gone a long way IMO.
I think they are going to do that after the draft. We will see vets cut etc. they are protecting those Comps.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I too loved the trade back, didn't have a 4th round pick coming into the draft and landed a 3rd round pick just to move back only 4 spots, I'll take that every time!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think they are going to do that after the draft. We will see vets cut etc. they are protecting those Comps.
And you're probably right. I'm not against that either, but the Cowboys have been all in (for a lack of a better term) on this type of approach which is what I hate. Being so dependent upon the draft and post draft cuts from other teams means you don't really have a plan and you're hoping that a good enough player at a position of need is available.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
It was absolutely imperative they trade and come away with an extra pick. Worked out well. Hard for me to say this but Kudos to the Jones boys.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Agreed. Ultimately the issue is the lack of activity in free agency, not the draft. Can you imagine the flexibility they would have had they gone out and gotten at least a couple of band aid fixes for 2024? Not big money guys, but even just a vet DT and WR on reasonable 1-2 year deals could have gone a long way IMO.
All I wanted I don't need the guys who they think we want, just get some solid contributors

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely a great trade. I am fine with them selecting Guyton as well.
This more than makes up for trading the 4th for Lance. Which I was ok with as well.

In no order, they can now get a LB, RB, DT, another OL or more like a WR or even a CB is in the mix. BPA between those 3.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was absolutely imperative they trade and come away with an extra pick. Worked out well. Hard for me to say this but Kudos to the Jones boys.
They fleeced Detroit. I'm shocked they got Detroit to overpay. Might have got lucky with the draft being there.

Aven8

Reaction score
And you're probably right. I'm not against that either, but the Cowboys have been all in (for a lack of a better term) on this type of approach which is what I hate. Being so dependent upon the draft and post draft cuts from other teams means you don't really have a plan and you're hoping that a good enough player at a position of need is available.
Well it’s the best we got. As fans FA is moot when it comes to roster building unfortunately. Plus they are heavily blaming Dak and company for costing so much.

Aven8

Reaction score
They fleeced Detroit. I'm shocked they got Detroit to overpay. Might have got lucky with the draft being there.
They did fleece them. But Detroit is on a mission. They got killed in the secondary last season and now they turned it into a strength. Very scary young team there looking forward.

cristglo

Reaction score
After the big run on QB’s early, any recommendation on what’s left? Come on…throw a name out there.
I dont think there is a QB left that is better than what we already have as BU

visionary

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is there DE, DT, WR. All needs.

Not having that 4th was a killer going into the draft but with the trade it’s opened the whole thing up! We could even use our own 3rd for Michael Pratt if we get our LB and RB with the first two pick’s tonight. Lots of variables here.
It was a great move but would be completely wasted if we do what you suggest

We need C, DT and then RB/LB with the 3 picks tonight

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Meh. Should have traded down again from #29 into the upper 2nd round while picking up another 3rd and a 4th round picks. Stephen Jones said they had several calls offering to trade that #29th pick, but the dummies panicked as usual and said NO.

Bunch of dummies. They don't know how to trade and pick up more picks in the top 3-4 rounds which they needed because of so many holes to fill.
We plugged a hole and picked up a high 3rd, I would say not bad for day one.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is there DE, DT, WR. All needs.

Not having that 4th was a killer going into the draft but with the trade it’s opened the whole thing up! We could even use our own 3rd for Michael Pratt if we get our LB and RB with the first two pick’s tonight. Lots of variables here.
Pratt can play. He's underrated. I like him for a developmental QB, more than Lance for sure. Sadly, Dallas will not take him.

The trade back was brilliant. An absolute win. Dallas has so many holes to fill. That nice extra third rounder could yield a real contributor. Extra picks in later rounds are of little use right now, but that third rounder has real value. Cheap too.