The trade back was a thing of beauty!

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak’s good.

Paying him and trying to win a title is what the problem is.

Hes not that kind of player.
David Moore said it the other day is the league he has like 4-5 actual “franchise” QB’s. Unfortunately you can’t pay those guys big money and not the others. In a perfect world they would be on a tier, and 5-10 be on another tier

That’s the problem. Whomever is next is always paid the most.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
David Moore said it the other day is the league he has like 4-5 actual “franchise” QB’s. Unfortunately you can’t pay those guys big money and not the others. In a perfect world they would be on a tier, and 5-10 be on another tier

That’s the problem. Whomever is next is always paid the most.
I think it’s just better to ditch these guys unless they are just that rare caliber.

Dak’s a good player but he’s not worth forfeiting championships for just so he gets his market value.

He doesn’t put us in any better position to win a Super Bowl with or without him.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think it’s just better to ditch these guys unless they are just that rare caliber.

Dak’s a good player but he’s not worth forfeiting championships for just so he gets his market value.

He doesn’t put us in any better position to win a Super Bowl with or without him.
I get it. But having said that, did you see the QB’s that Washington has drafted over the past 20 years when they flashed it up on the broadcast? Man that’s a lot of time and effort wasted for fans

Rayman70

Reaction score
It really was beautiful. It was a heist. Lions way overpaid. If we so choose, we could parlay our 56th pick into another 3rd rounder and mid 4th. by trading down like 5 spots It all depends which group of players we like.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but that trade back opened up so many more options now. We have three picks tonight where we can fill major needs. RB, LB, and whatever else is there DE, DT, WR. All needs.

Not having that 4th was a killer going into the draft but with the trade it’s opened the whole thing up! We could even use our own 3rd for Michael Pratt if we get our LB and RB with the first two pick’s tonight. Lots of variables here.
Maybe.

Will know soon.

Guyton has zero All Conf / All American awards.

The dude we passed on is elite.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised when they pulled off the trade, really well done.
I'd give a B grade for Guyton, and the trade makes it a solid B+.
Jerry being Jerry on the Brooks talk last night - my God. I hope it's a smoke screen, but kinda doubt it.
I would almost want to use our 2nd third # 87 to trade back again, to grab a 4th. But I'm not giving up the high 3rd from Detroit ! That's a great pickup.
Just a thought, if RB is a smoke screen - maybe an off the wall pick like WR ?
I really like the McCorly kid as our Deeboesk type player.
Oh, and I want Benson or the dude from Wisconsin as our RB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Draft players that are All-Conf and/or All American.

Otherwise, it’s a gamble.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I get it. But having said that, did you see the QB’s that Washington has drafted over the past 20 years when they flashed it up on the broadcast? Man that’s a lot of time and effort wasted for fans

Doesn’t scare me..

There are other examples of how it can work.

Stop being scared.

We’ve done nothing with Dak. I wish we were terrible and drafting a Caleb Williams instead of being one, done, and hopeless.

Aven8

Reaction score
Doesn’t scare me..

There are other examples of how it can work.

Stop being scared.

We’ve done nothing with Dak. I wish we were terrible and drafting a Caleb Williams instead of being one, done, and hopeless.
I’m not scared. I enjoy football though and like being entertained during the season. I’m not a let’s get to the playoffs already kind of guy. I like seeing teams evolve etc.