The Trey Lance Pick Gets Worse

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol, a little early to call Lance a bust. Where did the Cowboys fall? They have won 12 games 3 years in a row.
Thanks to Dak! Come on, admit it, or do you prefer the bust named Trey Lance over the proven 12-5 three-peat QB in Dak?

You like winning or losing? Which is it?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm sure those who believe trading for Trey Lance was a waste probably have relatives who hated the Cowboys for giving up a 10th round pick for drafting Roger Staubach or wasting a 5th round pick on drafting Herschel Walker. You never know when a long shot risk suddenly pays off. What looks like a waste of a 4th round pick could look like a genius move should Dak get hurt or end up going to prison.
The kid has not played the game. How do you become a good QB, when you don't play?

Played only 1 year in college and has been sitting going on 4+ years. How does potential get developed sitting for 4+ years.

sbark

Reaction score
With the holes we have we could have used that 4th round pick. The draft is the way we’ll be able to improve the team. We’re not going to get much help in free agency.
Dak also was a 4th rd pik...
Now 60 million/ yr that cuts us off from FA help
Just saying...

Mark

Reaction score
Where did the Cowboys fall? They have won 12 games 3 years in a row.
The Cowboys have proven themselves as a highly-successful regular-season team - as long as they're not playing anyone with a winning record. Fate, the temporary demise of one-half of the NFC East, and the vagaries of NFL scheduling have worked in their favor over the past three seasons...making them look better than they really are.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys have proven themselves as a highly-successful regular-season team - as long as they're not playing anyone with a winning record. Fate, the temporary demise of one-half of the NFC East, and the vagaries of NFL scheduling have worked in their favor over the past three seasons...making them look better than they really are.
They beat 3 playoff teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak also was a 4th rd pik...
Now 60 million/ yr that cuts us off from FA help
Just saying...
All the FA help isn’t going to do us a lot of good with an average low priced QB. Just saying…

tico

Reaction score
My biggest problem is why haven't they tried to trade Rush yet?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I believe if he plays even a bit it goes to a 5th. He has to play over 50% for it to be a 4th

I was referring to the comment that the Lance trade was “even worse”. It was a 4th then and it’s a 4th now. No better. No worse.

Fields value plummeted because so few teams still were interested in starting QBs so he went for a backup price