Video: The unbelievable Amari Cooper catch

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Honestly thought it said “unbelievable Amari Cooper drop” at first glance. Better tighten that crap up or it will cost us the SB. Consistency is key and this will be two weeks in a row that he’s dropped easy passes.

Sorry amigos, I don’t give free passes because he made a great catch or two. He gets paid to make all the catches, especially the ones that hit him in the hands.
Lighten up Francis, even the great Julius Jones drops a ball every now and then. It's going to happen. If you can admit your reading errors then you can allow some tolerance for Cooper catching the ball. We're all human no matter how much we are paid.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The result of that drive ended in a TD anyhow, Floaty. Extremely ignorant bashing Dak for a throw that our #1 WR was able to put a full hand on it while making a better catch at the same time.

But against a defense that doesnt rank in the bottom 5 (with a bottom 3 secondary) would he trust his arm to make that throw?

Its a Dak microcosm, good but not excellent.....I go back to my main concern, he needs top talent around him (like Amari) for his abilities to play up and that's why he's not worth paying elite QB money (imo). Whereas it appears that Mahomes / Wilson make their own chances scrambling to make time and then pinpoint accuracy.

It will be interesting to see whether he can make that pass against Seattle? Lets home so :star:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But against a defense that doesnt rank in the bottom 5 (with a bottom 3 secondary) would he trust his arm to make that throw?

Its a Dak microcosm, good but not excellent.....I go back to my main concern, he needs top talent around him (like Amari) for his abilities to play up and that's why he's not worth paying elite QB money (imo). Whereas it appears that Mahomes / Wilson make their own chances scrambling to make time and then pinpoint accuracy.

It will be interesting to see whether he can make that pass against Seattle? Lets home so :star:
Really? Seriously? Where have you been the past 4+ seasons?

aria

Reaction score
Lighten up Francis, even the great Julius Jones drops a ball every now and then. It's going to happen. If you can admit your reading errors then you can allow some tolerance for Cooper catching the ball. We're all human no matter how much we are paid.
Lol, hmmmmm...so the guy who has previously led the league in drops, disappears on the road and is one of he highest paid WR’s now gets free passes because it “happens”?

I shouldn’t happen that much and we’ll see how you feel when it costs us a game, I’ll be sure to remind you of this thread when it does.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Man, the guy throws for 450 and pulls out an amazing win (yes it was a team win) but the haters still wanna try to rip him apart. At least this time they can’t say it was padded stats in garbage time. Wow just wow. “Fans”....

It's against a dreadful defense.

On the other hand in 2019 Dak fans kept pointing to his QBR ... "he's top 4,he's top 4".

Go and see where that performance actually ranks in QBR? - he's 10th. It was a good performance but the Falcons defense (especially secondary) is one of the worst in the NFL.

Show me the Seahawks.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak had half the field to work with...with nobody there....all he had to do was just put some air underneath it....and throw it w/ some touch. It's a walk in TD. Instead...he just about air mailed it into the stands.
Considering Coop was able to catch it, I have to call b.s. on this one. Wasn't a perfect throw, but it was pretty good, especially knowing he was getting blasted as soon as he let go.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dak had half the field to work with...with nobody there....all he had to do was just put some air underneath it....and throw it w/ some touch. It's a walk in TD. Instead...he just about air mailed it into the stands.

Oh sure Dak could have had lunch and picked his teeth clean before throwing the pass, as the the blocking was that good, then balloon the pass like Kellen Moore used to throw it, relying on a good wind-stream.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Honestly thought it said “unbelievable Amari Cooper drop” at first glance. Better tighten that crap up or it will cost us the SB. Consistency is key and this will be two weeks in a row that he’s dropped easy passes.

Sorry amigos, I don’t give free passes because he made a great catch or two. He gets paid to make all the catches, especially the ones that hit him in the hands.
I don't think the thread is about foisting greatness upon Amari, just that particular catch.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol, hmmmmm...so the guy who has previously led the league in drops, disappears on the road and is one of he highest paid WR’s now gets free passes because it “happens”?

I shouldn’t happen that much and we’ll see how you feel when it costs us a game, I’ll be sure to remind you of this thread when it does.
Please do remind me and then I'll remind you it's just a game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hilarious. Prescott throws an obvious catchable downfield pass and some still have to bash him. How do we know Cooper wasn't a step off in timing? Remarkable catch and outstanding focus on the catch. Just wow. The throw was there.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

This post is stocked full of over exaggeration. .

ItzKelz

Reaction score
great catch and a bad throw
You trust the talent on your team to go get that pass and give him the opportunity to run after the catch. At that point of the game we had to score quickly; Dak had to be aggressive when the opportunity presented itself.

Yes that was an amazing catch and Amari showed Julio how he is supposed to catch those types of passes as a #1 WR and the game is on the line; but Dak is that Dawg!!!

superonyx

Reaction score
Jesus our fans are pathetic . I have never seen a QB get analyzed so much in every aspect of a game
This place and this thread is littered with trolls. Unfortunately these posters are seeking attention with these posts.
I knew once I saw a thread about Coopers catch you would have a bunch of trolls making themselves look like idiots by criticizing the QB.